The online racing simulator
Cross-eye 3D test video.
(47 posts, started )
Quote from wheel4hummer :The frames do not line up properly.

Blame your eyes. Cross them more. But be careful not to end up like my Simpsons avatar.
#28 - avih
cool short vid but the effect is very nice. most noticable is the contrast between the car chassie on the left and the road ahead might be worth "playing" with FOV for deeper feeling.

could you make each clip black and white, then convert one to red, one to green, and super-impose them over eachother? this way ppl can create cheap stereo glasses with cellophane. i might try it myself from your vid

very nice though cheers
Quote from (SaM) :Blame your eyes. Cross them more. But be careful not to end up like my Simpsons avatar.

How would crossing my eyes more help?
Attached images
error.png
Quote from wheel4hummer :How would crossing my eyes more help?

Well I never said it was perfect did I? And looka at the thread topic: "test"

Although, thanks for the criticism.

About an anaglyphic version... maybe later. After I find the glasses or suitable cellophane.
Quote from wheel4hummer :How would crossing my eyes more help?

Haha, it's only a frame or two behind sometimes because it was recorded twice. Those are very minor differences. I can't see how that would prevent you from seing the big picture when it is blurry anyway from crossing your eyes.

Most are able to see it fine, it's just you.
still waiting for that parallel version
#33 - avih
Quote from avih :cool short vid but the effect is very nice. most noticable is the contrast between the car chassie on the left and the road ahead might be worth "playing" with FOV for deeper feeling.

could you make each clip black and white, then convert one to red, one to green, and super-impose them over eachother? this way ppl can create cheap stereo glasses with cellophane. i might try it myself from your vid

very nice though cheers

ok, here's the youtube version of my red-green suggestion:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g-x3CoQ0LxM
as you can see, it's pretty synchronized, but it ain't 100%, something to look for
enjoy

if anyone's interested, here's the avisynth script i used over the original file:

clip=directshowsource("stereo.avi.WMV",25)
clip1=clip.crop(0,240,clip.width/2, 480)
clip2=clip.crop(clip.width/2,240,clip.width/2, 480)
clip1=clip1.tweak(sat=0).converttorgb().RGBAdjust(2,0,0,1).converttoyuy2()
clip2=clip2.tweak(sat=0).converttorgb().RGBAdjust(0,2,0,1).converttoyuy2()
overlay (clip1,clip2, opacity=0.5)

Avih: that looks good, I'm sure it works even though I don't have any red green glasses.
You have forgotten to turn off the sound of one video though.
Cross-eye 3D test video - 2d to 3d convert or filmed with 2 cameras?
Quote from Funnycat :I've just made a cross-eye "stereographic" vid. It means you have to cross your eyes until you see 3 images and focus on the middle one. It's a test video with crappy driving but the effect is nice IMO.

D\L link http://www.speedyshare.com/373272808.html

Sorry, no youtube cause it's gonna kill the effect.

P.S. Try viewing it @100% and 50%

Hello Funnycat,..
your Cross-eye vid is excellent and easily viewable. Was it made with 2 cameras or is it a single camera video converted to 3d stereo?, and if so how did you convert it?
Great work either way,
Jeff C
Quote from danceman :Hello Funnycat,..
your Cross-eye vid is excellent and easily viewable. Was it made with 2 cameras or is it a single camera video converted to 3d stereo?, and if so how did you convert it?
Great work either way,
Jeff C

excellent bump.
Oh, I like the red and green one.
What da?
Quote from danceman :"excellent bump."?, does that mean something?

You re-opened a nearly 2 years old thread
looks interesting!
will give it a try later!
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE
yey!
this works...

great!!!!

do more like this one!
Bumpz

Anyways, i dont see that this video is related to LFS somehow ...
Quote from hazaky :Bumpz

Anyways, i dont see that this video is related to LFS somehow ...

Other than the fact that it's a screen capture of LFS, I dunno.
I'd be happy to see a race/hotlap, etc like that.
It works just fine since i got some experience in this kind of stuff (used to watch stereophotos for hours on flickr, and also made my own:P)
Good Luck!
Quote from Gabriel B. :I'd be happy to see a race/hotlap, etc like that.
It works just fine since i got some experience in this kind of stuff (used to watch stereophotos for hours on flickr, and also made my own:P)
Good Luck!

send us links!!

Cross-eye 3D test video.
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG