The online racing simulator
Need for speed drag tachometer
(21 posts, started )
#1 - Hoxz
can LFS installing Drag tacho,like NFS ???
No
Holy crap, tristan is wrong for once!

hoxs, spend some time reading the following thread, figure out how and you can MAKE your own guages.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=28186

Nobody's actually made what you're looking for but I've pointed you in the direction of a tool that can do what you want, if you put some effort into it.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Holy crap, tristan is wrong for once!

hoxs, spend some time reading the following thread, figure out how and you can MAKE your own guages.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=28186

Nobody's actually made what you're looking for but I've pointed you in the direction of a tool that can do what you want, if you put some effort into it.

I think he meant the one's from NFSU where it had the big bar going down the side that told you when to shift for a "perfect shift".

If so, Tristan is right.
He's still wrong, the analog guages software has the possibility to do that style by using transparency.

I'd say that the guage he's talking abou tis approximately an 80 degree sweep. The biggest pain in the ass is probably going to be finding the center of the arc for rotation. Find that and you know how big to make your images for the guage. good luck getting the "needle" to change color, though it's possible you could make the "guage" itself change color.
Quote from mcintyrej :I think he meant the one's from NFSU where it had the big bar going down the side that told you when to shift for a "perfect shift".

If so, Tristan is right.

"Wire" up the SHIFT light to be a PERFECT SHIFT light

Its possible to make a NFSU style side tacho, but its a lot of work.
that guage is the most useless piece of....what ever i've ever seen in a game. What does it guage?,Why is this nessesary?, this isn't need for speed, shifting actually plays a role here, when it takes more than one person to restart a 4 person race.
Quote from mcintyrej :I think he meant the one's from NFSU where it had the big bar going down the side that told you when to shift for a "perfect shift".

If so, Tristan is right.

Yeah, that bar was a tach, and the needle changed color when it was time to shift.
Your actually overrevving there Keiichi, see your temps rising, shift now but you'll get a "OVER REV" and lose a bit of power

Edit: Oh your in 6th gear... in that case say bye bye to your engine
Quote from VTiRoj :Your actually overrevving there Keiichi, see your temps rising, shift now but you'll get a "OVER REV" and lose a bit of power

Edit: Oh your in 6th gear... in that case say bye bye to your engine

30 second google search turned up that image.
Oh, haha. My bad
I think this kinda thing should stay in NFS
#13 - Hoxz
can help me,for make that tacho....

i not understand,because i'am 14 years old......??
What you think is irrelevant to a conversation about whether or not it *can* be done.

not to say that you are stupid or anything, but this isn't any less realistic than the virtual guages he's probably using already anyway.
#15 - vane
so being 14 years old makes you not understand anything? dont bother, learn the hard way of how to shift. you dont need help if the engine sounds like it is going to explode, its time to shift.
Quote from Hoxz :can help me,for make that tacho....

i not understand,because i'am 14 years old......??

suddenly its all clear.
Quote from vane :so being 14 years old makes you not understand anything? dont bother, learn the hard way of how to shift. you dont need help if the engine sounds like it is going to explode, its time to shift.

doesnt lfs have a shift light, that seems to work for me.
I think it's more like he just want's the tachometer style of his choice.

I don't have a problem with it, but i prefer a traditional tachometer. Or at least a stationary simulation of a proper HUD done in D3d
For Analog Gauges (I tried with the XRT)

I have been testing for half an hour and here is the result so far, a meter that changes color (kmh meter) and a RPM meter with LEDs, I know it looks awful, but if you test it you could see the possibilities.

The zip file contains all files, just place (overwrite) in XRT folder. Back-up !
Attached images
screen0.1.jpg
Attached files
AnalogeGauges_XRT_Ricerstyle.zip - 112.3 KB - 793 views
Just to add to this, I'm 14 years old to. However, I understand most things said on pretty much all threads, and I have a wide variety of mods to my name. Not only on LFS, may I add.

Age means nothing, my friend.
#21 - AW06
if your a demo user why would you want this the car park isent a great drag strip..... and i really hope lfs dosent turn into nfs, that would be the worst thing that could happen

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG