The online racing simulator
Keyboard support for menu navigation
Hello,

I would like to be able to navigate the lfs menu using only the the 8-way button of my G25.
In order to do so, it would be necessary to have the menu item under focus highlighted, and be able to move from one menu to the other using up, down, left, right keyboard arrows. (I will use g25 logtitech profiler to map the arrows to the 8-Way Button).
I am asking this because, I use one screen with my G25 installed in front of it, and another screen with my mouse and keyboard.
The mouse is so far away from my G25 that when I want to play LFS I have to stretch over my desk in order to reach for the mouse.
I was thinking of buying a cordless mouse, but I have no flat place to put my mouse on.

I know a similar thread was already started, but it was not exactly what I am thinking:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... ighlight=keyboard+support

I hope this time, more people will find it interesting.

Thanks,

Soundcrash
Guess that would come in handy.
On a sidenote: you could use a trackball for your racing screen. It takes littl space and as you don't have to move the whole device, but only roll the ball, it doesn't need much deskspace.
#3 - bbman
+1

Would make it easier for handicapped people to navigate in the menus...
#4 - Lible
+2, on a second thought, this should be a must for every program.
+1 I was thinking of throwing some cash down to build a sit down cockpit/cabinet to put at the local arcade, to try to build LFS's popularity.

the problem is building a front end for it to operate it with the wheel shifter and pedals
i'd say a +1
this is a nice feature
#7 - Jakg
+1, don't know why this hasn't been done before.

Just fyi, the internal script system lets you do exactly what you want (Using the D-Pad as arrows) without running the Profiler, if you wanted to make it for LFS only
+10

Dk
I was actually thinking Daytona USA style menu selection, as a front end program that communicates with LFS via insim\outsim.
This excactly what I want.
I like the suggestion, but until it's done use a controller profiler to map button presses to mouse movements. If you don't have that feature in g25 profiler, use JoyToKey, you can map button presses to mouse x-y movement.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG