The online racing simulator
changeable rims
(88 posts, started )
Just for the record, I think more of us hope you discover a loose nut on the Reynard at an inopportune time than squirm. But that's just supposition.
#77 - Gunn
"Rims" may be incorrect technical nomenclature but it is perfectly accurate slang. The slang term "rims" predates the slang use of the word "tuning" and also the appearance of the slang term "ricer".
Quote from tristancliffe :
It is not WRONG of me to hope that people learn to use the correct terminology

It's not wrong... more then that, I, as a non native learned from you to call wheels WHEELS, not rims...and somewhere deep inside (far too deep to find it right now) I am thankful for that...

You see people, Tristan is a pure racing type of person, and he wants everyone to speak his language, just like all of us do...
the problem here is that mostly - Tristan's will for everyone to use the right terminology is correct, and "I CALL IT AS I WANT IT" is not...
I'll make sure I draw your attention to the video and photos of it. My time will come. You can't go motor-racing and not crash. If it takes my life, then so be it.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Just for the record, I think more of us hope you discover a loose nut on the Reynard at an inopportune time than squirm. But that's just supposition.

wow....
For clarification I was suggesting general misfortune, not death.

Agree with ya on that point Tristan. I've managed to have my share of crashes at public hire kart tracks, Which most would concider a relatively safe environment. Couple related to the maintainance of the karts, and a couple related to mixing racers from the local motorsports club with the general public.

When I can afford to take a car to track days I plan on making sure it's a car that I can afford to crash. You never want to, but it's a reality you might as well plan for.

Back to topic: Nomenclature aside, with most racing wheels achieving little benefit or little demerit in relation to thier peers, what other criteria drive the factory teams choices on wheels (or decisions made when designing thier own)? One would suppose aesthetic compliment to the shape and livery of the car would play into it.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Back to topic: Nomenclature aside, with most racing wheels achieving little benefit or little demerit in relation to thier peers, what other criteria drive the factory teams choices on wheels (or decisions made when designing thier own)? One would suppose aesthetic compliment to the shape and livery of the car would play into it.

Some teams may be sponsored by a particular manufacturer and therefore use their wheels.
+1
+1 indeed

maybe thinkin about bodykits later...
not to make it NFS 9... but a rally kit for rally track..
street kit for normal racing...
stuff like that
(dont get me wrong, i DONT want show-bumpers )
And machine gun for the roof, Super Pursuit Mode, Turbo Boost, autopilot, railgun, rocket launcher and a function for the mrt to use your foot to leave a wall again =)

Sorry coudn´t resist
Attached images
untitledz.JPG
Quote from Crazy Harry :And machine gun for the roof, Super Pursuit Mode, Turbo Boost, autopilot, railgun, rocket launcher and a function for the mrt to use your foot to leave a wall again =)

Sorry coudn´t resist

+1

Then again, we'd need customisable shoes and maybe stockings...
You wear some funny shoes when you are racing.

I like open toe with a 4 inch heal myself
Quote from mrodgers :You wear some funny shoes when you are racing.

I like open toe with a 4 inch heal myself

Nude ride ftw

changeable rims
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG