The online racing simulator
CTRA: single seat servers: no points
Hi everyone,

I've been racing 1,5ish hour now on the CTRA Single Seat server (FOX only) and had great races at FE green. I just have 2 remarks:

1. We haven't got any points at the end of every race, nobody... With 10 laps and winds up to 55km/h.... some points as reward for finishing would be great

2. Why the straw, cones at T1 ? I find them very good placed, first cones so IF you hit it your race isn't over, nicely done but I wonder, why ?

Regards,
GC
It's like a whole field of Kev's.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's like a whole field of Kev's.

I used to know a bloke who was a Kev farmer. He had a whole field of Kevs, not a pretty sight when they'd been on the grass all day.
Just did a KY_national race, got 4th and went a couple 1:43's low... No points...

Fox's
Nice Vid The Tornado was really heavy 55 km/h is too much. Racing with so much speed is very unreal :X
#12 - DeKo
I may have been imagining things, but on that server im sure i saw cones being blown away, and somebody else did aswell. am i going mad?
for all those who say you didn't get points, did you join in mid race? because if you do you don't get any points.
#14 - DeKo
Quote from RiGun :for all those who say you didn't get points, did you join in mid race? because if you do you don't get any points.

dont think people are quite that dim. The reason they didnt get points is beacause the wind was making them so much slower so they were nowhere near the lap record, thus no points.
I did the complete race in reverse. 42 laps of Kyoto national. I finished a little after everyone else but it didn't give me any Kudos points. Did you forget to factor that in to the formula Becky?
Quote from DeKo :dont think people are quite that dim. The reason they didnt get points is beacause the wind was making them so much slower so they were nowhere near the lap record, thus no points.

Actually that wouldn't make sence. Cause in T1 in the lap record lap there are not tires blocking half T1. So we're already 2 secs slower compared to the lap record, even without the wind. And the wind made us go 30km/h even go faster on the straight, so we catch up a lot there sice FE Green has a relative long straight.
Quote from GianniC :Actually that wouldn't make sence. Cause in T1 in the lap record lap there are not tires blocking half T1. So we're already 2 secs slower compared to the lap record, even without the wind. And the wind made us go 30km/h even go faster on the straight, so we catch up a lot there sice FE Green has a relative long straight.

Your remark does not make sense since its not comparing against WR-times but CTRA times, so they would be driven in similar layout.
#18 - DeKo
Quote from GianniC :Actually that wouldn't make sence. Cause in T1 in the lap record lap there are not tires blocking half T1. So we're already 2 secs slower compared to the lap record, even without the wind. And the wind made us go 30km/h even go faster on the straight, so we catch up a lot there sice FE Green has a relative long straight.

its comparing to the fastest time on that layout, not the WR.

and yeah, it might have made you faster down the straight, but round the corners was an absolute nightmare, had to slow down more than usual. Might be able to catch up on the straight yeah, but the corner in that video is usually flat out, when you slow down for that you lose a lot of time. you lose more time through the corners than you gain on the straights.
#20 - Dru
that must of happened after i left - i noticed on one of the starts speeds in excess of 40kph - what was it on the tornado link?
Quote from Dru :that must of happened after i left - i noticed on one of the starts speeds in excess of 40kph - what was it on the tornado link?

Apparently it was 55km/h that race.
Quote from StableX :I did the complete race in reverse. 42 laps of Kyoto national. I finished a little after everyone else but it didn't give me any Kudos points. Did you forget to factor that in to the formula Becky?

I finished a 20 lapper at fern bay last night in second place and received no points. After being spun off on the first chicane, and coming back I was one of the two cars out of about 18 on the lead lap at the finish. People further down received points!? Put in one fast lap and screw the rest of the race seems like the way to go. So unlike the real world that this game is supposed to be imitating. In a real race it doesn't matter how fast you are but where you finish.
Discouraged...
Quote from Toddshooter :...In a real race it doesn't matter how fast you are but where you finish.
Discouraged...

excactly my thoughts...
Yes, but this isn't real life. This is CTRA. And we all know, CTRA - Everything Else Is Pointless.
Quote from srdsprinter :Yes, but this isn't real life. This is CTRA. And we all know, CTRA - Everything Else Is Pointless.

I know, but this is a racing simulator ie: supposed to be realitic!
If your fastest lap meens so much why not have two or three lap races? Instead of 20 or 35 laps where the focus is more endurance?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG