The online racing simulator
Quote from StableX :exactly, as I said, loads of bumps and bangs but still coming in 3rd should get you at least a point shouldn't it???? that way at least you are rewarded for completing a full server race in 3rd place..........

I supose the race you´re talking about was this afternoon... I was in the server for a while, and we were doing races with 50 Km/h winds, so everybody was running 3 to 4 secs slower than their best laptimes. There was 1 race that, not even the 1st driver won any points. It's called the "Wind Effect" - High winds = no points
Quote from chunkyracer :I supose the race you´re talking about was this afternoon... I was in the server for a while, and we were doing races with 50 Km/h winds, so everybody was running 3 to 4 secs slower than their best laptimes. There was 1 race that, not even the 1st driver won any points. It's called the "Wind Effect" - High winds = no points

thats right chunky......
Ahh, yes. It's an ill wind that blows nobody good.
I suffer terribly with wind.

All together now ...

Show me the way to score points,
'cos I'm tired and I wanna go to bed,
Well I had a little race about an hour ago,
An' they all left me for dead.

No matter how I race,
I'm always seconds off the pace,
So you can always hear me singin' this song,
Show me the way to score points ...
Quote from dungbeetle :Ahh, yes. It's an ill wind that blows nobody good.

All together now ...

No matter how I race,

I hear ya........ great interpretation.....
Quote from dungbeetle :

No matter how I race,

Best song ever
Quote from dungbeetle :Ahh, yes. It's an ill wind that blows nobody good.

All together now ...

No matter how I race,

Like the great Bob Dylan used to sing:

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUz2OulZ-q4
Quote from Becky Rose :@StableX, that screenshot shows you 3 seconds off the fastest lap, and i've no idea how far off the CTRA record but judging by the person who won and got fastest lap only getting 5pts, i'd say the record was a good few seconds faster still.

the record is more than 3 seconds faster. although I haven't experienced any problems with the wind, you might consider setting the servers to only low wind as a maximum to avoid it having a too major effect on laptimes.
Quote from srdsprinter :You don't see people recieving points after being beaten by drivers who don't recieve points?

He did received points!
Attached images
big2.JPG
just wondering, how many racers have to get nat b license before the single seater server 2 goes public?
i raced a couple night ago and got 2 points...after 3 races of zero points.

Liscences are hard enough to get (i am silver...) but this is maddening
106% good to see standards, but racecraft counts for nothing? I came in 2nd in 3 races, and only because i decided to use brakes an not pile up turn one... and P2 drove off, and i scrambled through a flying wreck
finsihing a race and 2 points? for 2nd...and i best times the track too.
Quote from GT Touring :i raced a couple night ago and got 2 points...after 3 races of zero points.

Liscences are hard enough to get (i am silver...) but this is maddening
106% good to see standards, but racecraft counts for nothing? I came in 2nd in 3 races, and only because i decided to use brakes an not pile up turn one... and P2 drove off, and i scrambled through a flying wreck
finsihing a race and 2 points? for 2nd...and i best times the track too.

you know if you were starting out fresh, you'd still be on copper, not silver

same for me 2! no way I'd get to Silver in a year!
Quote from nelson_trujillo :He did received points!

Thats a weird one. I see correct that he is slowest man on track with his fastest time. I normally am not the fastest, neither the quickest and have not earned a single point since CTRA-X went online, so why did this guy?
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Thats a weird one. I see correct that he is slowest man on track with his fastest time. I normally am not the fastest, neither the quickest and have not earned a single point since CTRA-X went online, so why did this guy?

bcos you are not worthy
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Thats a weird one. I see correct that he is slowest man on track with his fastest time. I normally am not the fastest, neither the quickest and have not earned a single point since CTRA-X went online, so why did this guy?

Because he has a higher license. I've seen this happen a few times, each time the driver low down in positions who scored points has been Silver or above. It's not due to lap times, because they're always several seconds off the fastest lap. I don't understand why this happens but I hope it can get fixed.
#90 - Jakg
Quote from ChiliFan :Because he has a higher license. I've seen this happen a few times, each time the driver low down in positions who scored points has been Silver or above. It's not due to lap times, because they're always several seconds off the fastest lap. I don't understand why this happens but I hope it can get fixed.

I've NEVER seen this, i think it's just the better driver driving faster in a better position.
Quote from Jakg :I've NEVER seen this, i think it's just the better driver driving faster in a better position.

You have looked at the same screen? Not in this case apperantly. Becky states the opposite. If you have a higher license it should award you less points per time.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG