The online racing simulator
Quote from al heeley :Sounds like a good idea for a new poll: What is your least driven LFS car?
For me, easy. RAC. Maybe only completed 3 entire laps in the past year and none of those was clean.

+1 for a poll.
I drove the RAC more than the LX4 months ago. perhaps a LFR class month or someting. maybe minus the LX6 though.
Rac too, its pants
Quote from danowat :Racing for reward is not new in LFS, ESL have been doing it for yonks

you race for fun and enjoyment , not a mental breakdown ( which happens to me whenver i happen to be racing thanks to my tendency to flip and and/or any car in lfs )

tho i think a pro league is good for the guys who play this game 24/7 but id love to see a noob league that had prizes ( i mgith actually stand a chance of winning )
Cash prizes? Well that one lucky bastard won a brand new BMW, big enough prize?
Quote from al heeley :Sounds like a good idea for a new poll: What is your least driven LFS car?

Each and every one of the front wheel drive cars.

I enjoy - rear wheel - too much power - no downforce cars.

Grand Prix Legends was my first true love.
Quote from jayhawk : Let's admit it: before LX month, how many of you really care about the LX's? Has your attitude toward them now changed?

About 30 ppl. We used to go and have fun whit those cars when we got bored. Muroc team is best example. LX cars are well used in leagues too! I remember some great racing on |DM| server. Combo was BL1R/LX6, and only LFS cream come and race. You really have to be well experienced driver to drive LX cars and to be able to enjoy them. All those ppl who suggest to add LX8 or LX GTR: They are well known fast LFS drivers who can control LX. All others who are just starting lfs doesn't have patient on throttle, they don't understand that you can't flour the throttle or brake... And now when we check list, we can see who is on top spots.
You should try those cars and this event, because you don't know what are you missing. LX cars are only for masters and thats why it's fun!
Quote from bbman :Do you seriously think the community wouldn't be able to think of something like this? Do you think you're that much smarter you'd be the first one to think of that? Have you even bothered to look around to see what's already out there?

A typical lfs-comunity response
Quote from N I K I :About 30 ppl. We used to go and have fun whit those cars when we got bored. Muroc team is best example. LX cars are well used in leagues too! I remember some great racing on |DM| server. Combo was BL1R/LX6, and only LFS cream come and race. You really have to be well experienced driver to drive LX cars and to be able to enjoy them. All those ppl who suggest to add LX8 or LX GTR: They are well known fast LFS drivers who can control LX. All others who are just starting lfs doesn't have patient on throttle, they don't understand that you can't flour the throttle or brake... And now when we check list, we can see who is on top spots.
You should try those cars and this event, because you don't know what are you missing. LX cars are only for masters and thats why it's fun!

There are also slower people who love the LX cars, myself for instance, slow as hell in all cars, but love the LX cars just because they are fun to drive. Controlling them isn't that difficult either, its just a matter of using half a thought process to think and go "Don't accelerate yet" and overcome the natural tendency to smash the accelerator.
Quote from Bob Smith :Sadly, this event was suggested by the forum moderators.

I had no idea. Thank you, whichever moderators were involved! I imagine yourself and SamH were probably in on it - I know you're both fans of the proper cars. Hopefully these neglected cars will have a few more friends at the end of this competition, when people have had a chance to really give them a go.

Quote from jayhawk :ScaViEr is probably doing this to see if the LX's are popular enough to keep, or to discard for something else. Let's admit it: before LX month, how many of you really care about the LX's? Has your attitude toward them now changed?

They might not have a lot of fans, but the fans they do have are very fond of them. I'll always join a server if I see the LXs running, but lately I've stopped even looking because they're never available.
Even if the LX's aren't the most widely used, they probably have some of the strongest devotion to them.

I bought LFS to get to drive the LX, a Caterham/Westfield is the car i aspire to own one day. Favorite car to drive, if not to race online.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :There are also slower people who love the LX cars, myself for instance, slow as hell in all cars, but love the LX cars just because they are fun to drive. Controlling them isn't that difficult either, its just a matter of using half a thought process to think and go "Don't accelerate yet" and overcome the natural tendency to smash the accelerator.

+1,

im not talking shite here just because its lx month, but about a week before all this i just started driving the lx6 offline, because i remember someone saying on here that the best way to learn is to do about 100 laps in the lx6 then you can drive anyhting, so ithought i might aswell give it a go, and i really enjoyed it. im not the fastest person in the lx, but i can control it 75% of the time. (unless i bite off more than i can chew, ie: racing)
Racing is really hard, because I end up pushing too hard, If I'm driving alone, just lapping at a quick pace, I can do that forever, but once I get other cars with me, all hell breaks loose because I end up pushing too hard and making mistakes.
Quote from Captain Slow :im not talking shite here just because its lx month, but about a week before all this i just started driving the lx6 offline

Well it's pretty much the opposite for me, in four years I'd hardly ever touched the LX cars until LX month, and had little intention to. Partially because there was never the opportunity to drive them online (no servers), and partially because I'd never really got to grips with them.

But at the moment I can't get enough LX4 and LX6. Thanks to LX month, the past two or three days I've enjoyed some excellent racing with the friendly guys at Dead Men Racing on their server (LX4/BL1), and on the official LX Month @ South City server. Even though I'm utterly crap at autocross and haven't got any inspiration (or perhaps, arguably, talent) for the skinning competition, LX Month has still made LFS more fun. So here's to some more surprise events and features in the future.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :I hope lx isnt something big, I hate the lx's, cant drive them :X

So? I couldn't either... but my unexplainable love for the Super Sevens overcame my driving handicap, and now they are one of my fav cars to drive. don't hate, try, and you might get realy good in em!
Quote from N I K I :You really have to be well experienced driver to drive LX cars and to be able to enjoy them.
you don't know what are you missing. LX cars are only for masters and thats why it's fun!

OK, I guess, along with the people above, I have to prove you wrong. Yet another that took an LX-6 for a spin and went "OH SHIT!
This is awesome!" person here.
Also, I dont like riced out LX cars, so, LX"R" ftl, sorry. (Through I know what you're saying...i belive downforce/ slicks will "ruin" the essense of these cars... but that's just my personal opinion.)
Quote from Mako. :OK, I guess, along with the people above, I have to prove you wrong. Yet another that took an LX-6 for a spin and went "OH SHIT!
This is awesome!" person here.
Also, I dont like riced out LX cars, so, LX"R" ftl, sorry. (Through I know what you're saying...i belive downforce/ slicks will "ruin" the essense of these cars... but that's just my personal opinion.)

Caterham racing is hugely popular in the rest of the world. I believe a LX with slicks and no downforce would be awesome fun. RWD mGTR but with lighter weight.
#43 - Juls
In fact I would like to buy LFS licence mostly because of LX cars. There is this incredible slow motion video by DoN on youtube where a LX car is jumping.
Is it true that there are no server for LX cars?
#44 - Jakg
"LiveForSpeedS2" is DoN afaik
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Racing is really hard, because I end up pushing too hard, If I'm driving alone, just lapping at a quick pace, I can do that forever, but once I get other cars with me, all hell breaks loose because I end up pushing too hard and making mistakes.

Sounds like me in any of the cars
Quote from MRSisson :Each and every one of the front wheel drive cars.

I enjoy - rear wheel - too much power - no downforce cars.

Grand Prix Legends was my first true love.

off topic: almost sound like a nascar fan.
Quote from Mako. :

Know what you mean. It's their 'tail happy' nature than makes them different and challenging to drive. Take that away and you might lose the car's unique character.
Quote from dungbeetle :Know what you mean. It's their 'tail happy' nature than makes them different and challenging to drive. Take that away and you might lose the car's unique character.

I like the lx's for this behavior, it's quiet like the Rac. A real challenge to drive but a gtr version of the lx or rac (wich have been discussed a lot) can be also fun to drive. It's not because you add a big wing on the back of the car that it would be easier to drive. Look at the fzr, this car also love to loose grip on the rear wheels. Anyway, there is only one way to know: waiting for the dev to make it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG