The online racing simulator
Is LX month the start of something big?
I raised the point in an earlier thread that it might be cool to have online races that have cash prizes etc... then I tripped upon this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... iewtopic%2Ephp%3Ft%3D1015

(btw it's not rFactor being demoed)

So 'pro-sim racing' already exists.

I know some of you raised issues of lag, rules etc.... but surely that series has the same problems but it still works. I am not sure how big these races are in terms of numbers but there seems to be a fair prize pot.

LX month has attracted nearly 1000 entries even though it uses the somewhat unused LX cars..

but surely moving onto the tracks with FOX's, UF1's oh yh... imagine racing the UF1 with prize money... CARNAGE!!!!! or whatever...is where this game is now going

with LX month being somewhat popular, and largely a great success.... could this be the beginning of pro-LFSers?? Maybe a Pro League???

I no this is a slight repeat topic, but now the situation has changed with LFS putting effort into LX month?
Racing for reward is not new in LFS, ESL have been doing it for yonks
#3 - bbman
Do you seriously think the community wouldn't be able to think of something like this? Do you think you're that much smarter you'd be the first one to think of that? Have you even bothered to look around to see what's already out there?
I hope lx isnt something big, I hate the lx's, cant drive them :X
Quote from bbman :Do you seriously think the community wouldn't be able to think of something like this? Do you think you're that much smarter you'd be the first one to think of that? Have you even bothered to look around to see what's already out there?

There's that old Viennese charm at full throttle. Waltz anyone?
#6 - bbman
I don't know what those (valid) questions have to do with my hometown, but whatever floats your boat, mate...
#7 - Lible
I think a little aim of this competition was to make LX's nicer.. I love LXs altough they're hard to drive - light and powerful.
I think this is leading up to the LX8...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think this is leading up to the LX8...

Extra skin upload slots, LX month, it looks like the LX8 is being relaunched

Then again, 12 more slots for 1 car, is there another car comming alongside the LX8?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think this is leading up to the LX8...

I don't think so. The LX cars aren't used that much, certainly not enough to warrant a new, more powerful version.

There are other more important things.
Quote from VTiRoj :Extra skin upload slots, LX month, it looks like the LX8 is being relaunched

Then again, 12 more slots for 1 car, is there another car comming alongside the LX8?

I think I remember someone saying he had been told that Scawen had said that there will be new cars soon, that was just before patch X.
Please, a racing version LX would be heaven to drive.

LX challenge is perhaps the begining of the countdown to Y...
I'm just about sure LX month was a spontaneous idea for a competition and also a way to spark some more popularity for the LX cars.

It's not always a conspiracy, there ain't always hidden secrets!
I've said it before and i'll say it again, i'd LOVE an 'LXR', but i won't believe it till i'm driving it
I am talking SPECIFICALLY about LFS sanctioned contests, and whether LX Month could start of something bigger,

I know it's a way to get people to drive teh LX's, but they have gonwe to some trouble setting up a site, and getting prizes etc...

It just seems logical to me to take this further, and develop new ideas. SOme people will naturally not be great at the LX's, so will they get the oppurtunity to compete for prizes

Will we see further development, or is this a one off?
Sadly, this event was suggested by the forum moderators. The devs helped out to make things more official and supply prizes, etc, but it is in no way linked to any particular patch or content said patch may or may not have.

So far it was planned as a one off. The LX cars were chosen because we like them and feel they are very underused.
Quote from Bob Smith :Sadly, this event was suggested by the forum moderators. The devs helped out to make things more official and supply prizes, etc, but it is in no way linked to any particular patch or content said patch may or may not have.

So far it was planned as a one off. The LX cars were chosen because we like them and feel they are very underused.

Well, thanks to the forum moderators too, then.

Nonetheless, the success and popularity of LX month must surely have been noticed. The CTRA has demonstrated how beneficial and successful some kind of organisation/structure is to public racing, so maybe LFS is just waiting for that next step, in the devs occasionally providing a bit of structure/fun to the public racing community.
#18 - Woz
Quote from garph :I don't think so. The LX cars aren't used that much, certainly not enough to warrant a new, more powerful version.

There are other more important things.

Already exists ! The UFR got into S2 instead of it though.
The reason for the LX month is probably 2 fold:

1 - ScaViEr is probably doing this to see if the LX's are popular enough to keep, or to discard for something else. Let's admit it: before LX month, how many of you really care about the LX's? Has your attitude toward them now changed?

2-Like the "Bread and Circuses" ploy the Romans used, I think LX month is here to keep anxious, impatient users occupied while big changes come down from ScaViEr.
Quote from jayhawk :The reason for the LX month is probably 2 fold:

You skipped the explanation in my post then?
Quote from Bob Smith :You skipped the explanation in my post then?

Ah, jeez. Sorry about that. Yes, I am a skimmer.
Quote from Bob Smith :Sadly, this event was suggested by the forum moderators. The devs helped out to make things more official and supply prizes, etc, but it is in no way linked to any particular patch or content said patch may or may not have.

what about the other unused cars. like the RAC, MRT, UFR, LFR class cars, and RB4 on road tracks?
RB4 unused on road tracks? Hell, after Patch W test patches, making the RB4 more competitive with FXO and XRT, I think it's the more popular one now.
An MRT AutoX Competition sounds very good. (even with fixed cockpit view ).
Sounds like a good idea for a new poll: What is your least driven LFS car?
For me, easy. RAC. Maybe only completed 3 entire laps in the past year and none of those was clean.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG