The online racing simulator
Best drinks/foods for racing?
(21 posts, started )
Hi all! I'm interested to know what drinks or foods or both together obviously you think helps your speed out drastically. For me, it tends to be either a Twix/Mars/Snickers (Mars and Snickers have a better effect ) and a nice cold glass of Sinalco Cola (That drink is tasty stuff! ).
#2 - CSU1
Wha! ...why on earth don't you just eat lunch/dinner whatever and then drive ....I don't think 'consumables' will make you faster...or do they
Quote from CSU1 :Wha! ...why on earth don't you just eat lunch/dinner whatever and then drive ....I don't think 'consumables' will make you faster...or do they

wel certain foods might be better for you and improve concentration etc. like water when you drnk it a few hours before you do something it helps your brain.
#4 - CSU1
nah, thats just voodoo mumbojumbo....if you eat peanuts b4 a race will one go nuts? ...or if you eat crackers b4 the race will one go crackers and flip out?

....I can picture Lep stuffing his face with mars bars and twix's ...the only effect that might have on yer race is you'll probably need to use the lav mid race

tis just psycological(sp?)...
Quote from CSU1 :Wha! ...why on earth don't you just eat lunch/dinner whatever and then drive ....I don't think 'consumables' will make you faster...or do they

Your not fast anyway, any snacks you have will probably slow your arm response down mate

I tend to just have a drink while on a long race. Either coke, apple/orange or a nice cuppa
Quote from CSU1 :if you eat peanuts b4 a race will one go nuts?

Dont drink and drive.
before an endurance race its a good idea to eat nothing otherwise youl end up having to take a "shitstop" (not pitstop).
Quote from zeugnimod :

Dont drink and drive.

You tend to spill it, pull over and finish your pint.

I always have quick foods kicking about on my desk (a bowl of M&Ms and such), and I have a sippycup for drinking so if needs be I can just bite down until I get out of trouble, then put it back, though a Camelbak slung over the back of your chair works well too. But I am slow as ass, so I could stop and eat a 3 course meal and not have it affect my lap times.
Red Bull and Pizza FTW!
To eat on the straightaways while racing, it is Cashews and Code Red Mountain dew.
Lots of pea soup. Gives you authentic backire effects.
A cup of coffee and a smoke right before qualify does wonders for the concentration. I usually don't go faster, but I make less misstakes trough out the event.

Hmm... one more reason to not stop smoking
If I have a cup of tea on my desk it spills when I steer, but if I have a glass of wine on my desk it's fine.

So I have to drink wine when I'm racing.
Slightly O/T and I aplogise

But what's the best foods for a diabetic LFS'er? Just curious as I am one

DK
Quote from LFSn00b :If there is a tournament race, i don't usually eat anything, because i promise myself i get something to eat if i win a tournament race

*watches news paper tomorrow*

TEENAGE FINNISH BOY DIES OF STARVATION DUE TO VIDEO GAMES!!

Quote from dawesdust_12 :*watches news paper tomorrow*

hahaha thats good . Teenage Finnish emo boy
#17 - CSU1
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Slightly O/T and I aplogise

But what's the best foods for a diabetic LFS'er? Just curious as I am one

DK

Sugar lots and lots of sugar
Quote from dawesdust_12 :*watches news paper tomorrow*

lol i was thinking the same thing
#19 - JTbo
Sugar sure boost your performance for a little moment, but in long run it is going to decrease your performance even it still feels to give you bit of boost, but overall effect is negative.
Quote :Lots of pea soup. Gives you authentic backire effects.

/me deletes CSR...
Lots of water, thats all you need really. If your low on energy then eat a banana, but I find drinking water helps me concentrate and keep a cool head. In public races when I am drinking Coca Cola and eating crisps I tend to be prone to mistakes, and I get more annoyed at racing incidents. Thats just me personally though, most of the time I don't go out of my way to eat/drink special things for racing. The only time I do that is drinking water before a long endurance race.

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG