The online racing simulator
Quote from amp88 :BBC weather report for the area has no rain forecast, sadly.

I'm thinking that the wind may very well make up for it though.

There were quite a few people running rather wide in quite a few places, even after two days of practice.
Quote from BenjiMC :Funny how FA's crew refuses to share information with LH's crew, i highly doubt he would be reading his telemtry, LH likes his cars to oversteer, FA likes it to be more understeery. if it rains i have a feeling LH has it in the bag cus of his driving style.

It's common knowledge that Alonso and Hamilton trade telemetry during qualifying. Why does driving styles come into this? Hamilton/Alonso aren't looking at the data to understand what there opponents car is doing. They are reading into it to understand where they are losing time...

Alonso hasn't driven with an understeery car all season... The Renault was naturally a very understeery car and still is. If it rains I don't see Hamilton's driving style paying off, getting the back end out in the wet is often dangerous as he proved in Hungary last year in GP2 .

The only information Alonso and Hamiltons crews don't share is fuel strategy, which after the first stops they share. With two highly competitive drivers they need to try keep them happy.

I'm interested to see why Alonso opted to save his harder tyres, especially after he set a super quick lap on the harder tyre.

Quote from BenjiMC :Funny how FA's crew refuses to share information with LH's crew, i highly doubt he would be reading his telemtry, LH likes his cars to oversteer, FA likes it to be more understeery. if it rains i have a feeling LH has it in the bag cus of his driving style.

Yes, LH 'studies' FA's telemetry they've said it many times on TV. Even FA said it. That's how stupid they are in McLaren..

I would have liked to see Schumacher trading telemetry with Barrichelo..
#30 - Damo
ITV-F1 is boring,James Allen is total rubbish and incredibly annoying.

SETANTA SPORTS F1 coverage is soooo much better.
That grapic is not an ITV graphic ,many other channels use it also.
#31 - DeKo
Massa stalled on the grid
Quote from diablo21 :I would have liked to see Schumacher trading telemetry with Barrichelo..

Schumacher and Barrichello shared telemetry and car setup.
The pressure is starting to show with hami, His 1st mistake in pitlane as he nearly took the fuel line with him.
Hmm how did that happen. Damn you Alonso, I bet Alonso now pits first!
Quote from diablo21 :Yes, LH 'studies' FA's telemetry they've said it many times on TV. Even FA said it. That's how stupid they are in McLaren..

I would have liked to see Schumacher trading telemetry with Barrichelo..

If thats so then i'd guess that FA would have LH's telemetry to study also, How is sharing the information stupid? Shows how some can be easily manipulated by the media to dislike people or in this case a team. Wasn't the talk on the server last night enough? FA sucks!! LH FTW!
I have a £3 bet on this race. Go go Alonso he can win this.
LH is 1/1.5 second slower than KR and FA.
Seems so, but his on hard tyres, the front 2 are on softs, well at least kimi anyway
Quote from BenjiMC :Seems so, but his on hard tyres, the front 2 are on softs, well at least kimi anyway

Wasn't that, surely had some kind of problem
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :So you prefer the external views? Why?
Personally, i want to see more of the on-board shots. You get a much better perspective of the speed, track, steering inputs and the like. Along with some of the graphics they use on ITV-F1 like the speedometer and g-counter, i think it's much better than the track-side cameras.

I really don't get why people hate Allen, he seems like a decent enough guy to me. Plus I like having adverts cause I get to go to the toilet knowing that I'm not missing anything.

Anyway the old handd put the new-boy in his place, he got out-raced today for the first time in a while. Kimi has been driving beautifully.
I think I cursed that race, first time I've watched F1 since, well I think Hill was still racing last time I watched.

Would have been nice to see Lewis win, but there you go.

[edit: Also, how dull is F1, Christ, now I know why I stopped watching.]
A boring race with a bad result.

I guess this will be a season without a single wet race now.
Quote from zeugnimod :A boring race with a bad result.

I guess this will be a season without a single wet race now.

Bad result?
Yes, a Ferrari won. I dont like the Ferrari team. So its a bad result for me.
Great drives from Raikkonen and Alonso. Also a good recovery from Massa and another strong finish for Kubica.

Hamilton seemed to really be on his back foot. His laptimes on the soft tyre didn't even match what Alonso and Kimi were doing on the hard tyre.
#46 - Damo
Go Kimi.
True class starting to show,both Kimi and Alonso have been quicker than Lewis the last 2 races.
I could be wrong but Hamiltons amazing run of results are down to Kimi and Alonso adjusting to new teams more than anything else.
Massa was also quicker than Lewis today.
Yes Lewis has amazing talent but so have the other main drivers,people seem to forget that.
Lewis is a very likable guy and already one of my favourite racers but the British commentators are head wrecking.
I mean on ITV this weekend they have claimed British marshals are the worlds greatest,the circuit is the worlds greatest,the fans are the worlds greatest,their number one driver is the worlds greatest,they even went on to say the trophy Kimi recieved was the greatest of the season

To TAYLOR-MANIA ,Setanta have fewer and shorter breaks.
They also at times do full commercial free Grand Prixs.
I thought Blackout would've been in here already - is he off sick today? Another masterclass from Kimi, can't fault him.
It was a rather enjoyable race actually. Massa's stall was frustrating but it was good to see him come through the grid. Kimi drove very well and deserved the victory. Hamilton just seemed to have burned out, now we will really see what he is made off when things aren't going too well for him and he actually has to fight for places.

Most impressive drive for me was from Robert Kubica, he managed to keep a Ferrari behind him for 11 laps and finish 4th! A great drive....

James Allen really needs to shut up though! grrr that guy is so irritating sometimes. I am surprised Martin puts up with the useless drivel and does just smack him one!
Quote from thisnameistaken :I thought Blackout would've been in here already - is he off sick today? Another masterclass from Kimi, can't fault him.

Ha-haa.

I actually visited the thread right after the press conference but didn't post as I didn't get the words organized.

Anyway. The most overpaid driver now has the most wins this season. Like someone already mentioned, I'd say number 1 drivers both at Ferrari and McLaren are getting one with the team and car and it's starting to show. It was a good race. Felipe ruined his race at the start, did look like he just stalled, right? There was some overtaking, but the races are boring to watch if you don't know what to look. The excitement is what will happen during the pits and this time Räikkönen was fast on the laps it was needed. It was great! :P

But to be honest, Hamilton will win the title with just finishing the rest of the races. Wins aren't that highly valued.
I got bored and went to sleep by around 15 to go then just managed to wake up to see the results and went off back to sleep lol.

Quote from Damo :...I could be wrong but Hamiltons amazing run of results are down to Kimi and Alonso adjusting to new teams more than anything else.
Massa was also quicker than Lewis today.
Yes Lewis has amazing talent but so have the other main drivers,people seem to forget that...

As if adjusting to F1 isn't enough??? and Kimi did win the opener so i just think it's really them two not pulling their weight whereas lewis now has 9 consecutive podiums in his rookie season. The record was 4. You just can't say thats a standard kinda thing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG