The online racing simulator
Bigger autocross area??
(132 posts, started )
It would be great a lager Auto-X also an Airport would be awesome! so you can design your own tracks!

And extra object i would add concrete walls ( if you hit them you won't fly 100ft into the air ) and curvestones
Nice idea, +1 for airport
hmm...that could be RAM eater for slower comps (just like my is)

but +1
im definatly all for a larger/more square autox area, more objects, and a higher limit
Very nice idea on the airport site for autoX layouts

+1
+1 for you's all!
Hey, my old thred is still alive

I really hope Scawen takes this into consideration if it's not a big deal and if there are no limitations of the size of some kind, maybe there are..
It would be awesome for people who Autox in real life, they could replicate their own courses and it could really atract some more people to LFS, they could practice their sessions in it
We could make proper Top Gear track, etc.. it would really be awesome, pleeeeeaasee Scawen..
Gotta do a + 1 on my own post..
Just thinking about possibilites with the larger area makes me shiver, it would be maybe BETTER than the one new track.. Just replicating various Autox configurations would satisfy A LOT of people.. and it's an easy thing to do i suppose if there are no limitations on the size, well we can hope...

EDIT: Just keep +1-ing, Scawen will eventually see it
+1 from me

I have some excellent ideas for AutoX, but they won't fit!
I'll have an airport, thank you.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Just thinking about possibilites with the larger area makes me shiver, it would be maybe BETTER than the one new track.. Just replicating various Autox configurations would satisfy A LOT of people.. and it's an easy thing to do i suppose if there are no limitations on the size, well we can hope...

Especially since LFS seems to have the best auto-x simulation out there right now. Really, there isn't another REAL sim out there that does it properly. (ie, cones give a 2 second penalty). Forza has good course designs, but lack of G25 support makes it a non-starter. GT4 had some auto-x courses, but they are of the tight, painful, DG Trials type courses like they run in Japan, rather than the flowing, top of 2nd gear courses that are more common in the SCCA, and of course the physics are way too watered-down in both cases.

I also wish that the timer could be made to start at a given start line rather than the "go on green" like it is now. If that were done, along with the larger area, then I'd be pretty happy. Typically in an SCCA event, you hit the start lights a few feet after you start rolling, so the time doesn't start immediately. In "Pro-Solo" events, there is a drag racing type start, so what we have simluated now is closer to that. The flexibility to do both would be great.

In fact, the ability to do side-by-side pro solo events would be a hell of alot of fun, actually. You set up mirrored courses side by side, with a 300ft straight before the first turn. A bigger area could make this a possibility, and it could be a really fun element for online play.
+1 to everybody. This is probably the first thread where everyone agrees
Bumpity bump...
Top Gear track on LFS's Autocross area.. Comparing FBM time with the other cars tested on the show.. V1 Fortec team comparing real and virtual FBM on Top Gear? :elefant:
Maybe a bit hard to do, what do you think about a big autocross area with gravel? It could be used for the same purposes as the tarmac one but with much lower traction making autocross even more fun.
+1 for everything in this thread

+ 10000 for curbs

+ 1000000000000000 for barriers that don't send you flying in the air.

+ 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 for the devs to use all these ideas
I'm still dreaming of a huge Dirt (rallycross) autocross area
lol I'm still dreaming of opening up the multi-level parking garage in South City.
+++++1!
Test how fast cars can go..
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Maybe a bit hard to do, what do you think about a big autocross area with gravel? It could be used for the same purposes as the tarmac one but with much lower traction making autocross even more fun.

How about making a variable slider control so that you could modify the friction characteristics of the surface... i.e., lowest setting = ice, highest setting = dry concrete.

Just make one big area, with the ability to change the surface to whatever you wish.
A random bump so the devs might notice this thread
+1
Bump
+1
Do the creators of LFS read this at all?

Bigger autocross area??
(132 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG