The online racing simulator
24 hours of Le Mans 2007
(177 posts, started )
Quote from Tomi :By the way, I know those guys are supposed to be professionnal and that a lot of money is involved, but that Dr Wolfgang Ulrich looks kinda suspicious to me. He looks like a torture master, and the mechanics seem all frightened. I don't think maintaining a fear among your team will make it faster / more reliable.

They have the right to have some fun and pleasure for god sake !

Well that's the point, they don't. There are millions riding on this: car-sales, sponsorship, the reputation of the whole company. At this level they are fighting for every tenth on track (okay maybe every second) so some doofus mechanic not knowing his job or not concentrating before or during a pitstop is not allowed. I don't think any of those mechanics are enjoying themselves during the race, they are working their asses off.
Quote from Hoppers :Well that's the point, they don't. There are millions riding on this: car-sales, sponsorship, the reputation of the whole company. At this level they are fighting for every tenth on track (okay maybe every second) so some doofus mechanic not knowing his job or not concentrating before or during a pitstop is not allowed. I don't think any of those mechanics are enjoying themselves during the race, they are working their asses off.

Some teams remain competitive yet seems to have a lot more fun than those audi guys, including great ones. You can be serious and still have fun and smile. It's part of the reputation of the company too.

Must be the german way. I bet this is the reason why Audis have that "car for wealthy insurance employee" image and why they don't build fun cars oriented towards driver pleasure.
I'm starting to hope that cars 2 and 7 get wiped out, i'd like a Pug to win but not one with Jaques Villeneueve in
There was supposed to be a meeting with the rainmaker but he seems to be late.
Does anyone know what happened to the Aston's, i've awoken to see the 007 car a little further back than it should be, and one of the Astons that was 4-5th in class seems to be gone?

:static: Go Aston Go :static:

Just dont say the words 24 ho.., because the Astons will break !
James Bond Aston spinned, made a perfect looking 360 in the sand trap and then it was a long time in the pits but I missed exactly why.
I think it was Tomas Enge that spun the Aston, getting a flat front left in the process. No real harm done then, but later they where where resting in pits for a while, changing an alternator belt or something.

--- Edit ---
Enge said that he was coming to close to car in front and lost rear downforce into that corner.
Thanks for the info, and for not saying 24 hours.

Oh smeg. I just did it. Bye bye 009.
Quote from Becky Rose :
Oh smeg. I just did it. Bye bye 009.

I guess we will find out at the 21 hour mark (in 30 minutes) if there is any substance to that superstition
Looks bad for the #7 Pug... engine problem in the pits. #8 though just took the 2nd place but it's 8 laps behind Audi.

Well now RAIN + #1 Audi with problems... going very slow on the track. It's going be pretty exciting ending.
Audi is slowing down...

--- edit ---
Looks like rain. Lot's of umbrellas opening
oooooo, rain
damn, i fell asleep at 4, woke up at 10 and find everything happened whilst asleep
Noooooo the Corvette is better in the rain. The Aston's traction control is just not as good.

:static: GO ASTON GO :static:
Quote from (-Mark-) :damn, i fell asleep at 4, woke up at 10 and find everything happened whilst asleep

Well, not really much happened with the leading cars except the Audi #2 crashing and GT2 leader #97 getting several problems and finally DNF'd... too bad, Mika Salo was the only Finn in the race.
woohoo safety car, Aston have it now
Peugeot to the garage...
I'm thinking electrics because the engine has got too cold.
Boo safety car... Vette 20-30 seconds quicker per lap than Aston... Goo Green
Quote from Becky Rose :woohoo safety car, Aston have it now

shhh... don't jinx it. It ain't over until the checkerd flag flies.
Safety car = anti-climax
GO Aston GO!!! Finally luck is on our side
Quote :Safety car = anti-climax

Yes but, Astons can break down in any conditions when the words "24 hours" are involved, so i'm still on tender hooks!

:static: Keping Going Aston Keep Going :static:
Green Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chevvy could do it - 11 minutes to go, with 30 seconds a lap advantage the Chevvy needs 10 minutes to get the Aston.

24 hours of Le Mans 2007
(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG