The online racing simulator
24 hours of Le Mans 2007
(177 posts, started )
24 hours of Le Mans 2007

Race of the year is getting closer... As the traditional poster above anticipates, this year it's going to be a diesel battle between Audi and Peugeot. Very slick looking 908 has already won both first two races of the Le Mans Series.

Race starts at 15:00 (CEST) on Saturday. Interesting: F1 USA GP is also scheduled for this weekend... which sucks, it will just steal all the hype and news coverage.

Total of 55 entries this year (record?) instead of the usual 50. Full entry list here and here.

I'll add here internet live streams links later... but first does the moderators have something to say about spreading links to (very likely) illegal streams?

I stopped going to Le Mans in 2004 when the first diesel appeared. I blame Callum Lochie - drove the first one. He should have refused.

Only joking Callum - love your track days
Quote from deggis :Very slick looking 908

Now there's an opinion that is completely the opposite of my own hehe I think that thing is hideous. I wish it looked more like the purdy 905

Anywho.. I can't wait for this race! I just hope SPEED doesn't break coverage for "Lucas Oil On The Edge" or the CTS series, or F1 practice. I know they will, though, since SPEED only cares about.. well, money, now.
Quote from deggis :Total of 55 entries this year (record?) instead of the usual 50. Full entry list here.

It's because they have built some more garages. They probably could run 60 or 65 there safely, easily. Shame the Penske Porsches from ALMS couldn't (be arsed) to turn up
#5 - DeKo
a bit early, but does anybody know of any feeds where we can watch this race?
Quote from duke_toaster :Shame the Penske Porsches from ALMS couldn't (be arsed) to turn up

Yeah, no Porsche RS cars are entered in Le Mans What a shame.

Quote from DeKo :a bit early, but does anybody know of any feeds where we can watch this race?

I've tried to watch a full feed once, they cut in and out a lot for other shows. It is best to get highlights vids of the entire race from online.
#7 - pigi
have strange question! Because I lvoe watch lemans and right now watching how they work on theyr cars setings and other. But because I live in estonia Want know will be there some 24h live translation to watch?
In internet or on motors tv?
#8 - pigi
and yeah realy want know about brakes.!!!
In 2006 USA le mans C6r was using new CARBON brakes wich
costs 10 000$ And I was searching all info about this brakes but didnt found.
And i know some planes use this brakes but I f there somebody know about this can u help me to find somthing about this brakes.???
Thx mates
Quote from Tweaker :Yeah, no Porsche RS cars are entered in Le Mans What a shame.

Not even Dyson? Daang.
#10 - pigi
PESCAROLO MUST WIN!!! DIESEL AUDI MUST CRASH!!! And peugeot!
I normally root for the peskies, but their scheme this year just sucks. I miss the '03 car

I don't know who I'm pulling for. Has Ron fellows recovered from his shoulder surgery and plans to run the race? If so, I'm obviously pulling for him in GT1... Us Canucks gotta stick together :P

I guess I'll continue to pull for Flying Lizard in GT2. Speaking of which, anyone seen their scheme for LeMans, done by Troy Lee Designs?
Motors TV will be showing the whole 24 hours again. There won't be any commentary during the night (I don't think) but there should be during the day.
#13 - pigi
daamn that will be coole right now QUALIFICATION 1 live but its will be more 2 hours mayby. Tomorrow will be QUALIFICATION 2 also LIVE . So its will be cool.
I wish we got straight 24 coverage
Quote from deggis :I'll add here internet live streams links later... but first does the moderators have something to say about spreading links to (very likely) illegal streams? .

Link to whatever streams you like... so long as they are legal.

So who's going? I haven't been in a few years, this year is no different. I'd like to go next year mind, it will be 9 years since I first went then and I can still hear those two Panoz cars rumbling in my head.
Quote from MAGGOT :Now there's an opinion that is completely the opposite of my own hehe I think that thing is hideous. I wish it looked more like the purdy 905

Better get used to the style, as you probably know ACO is planning to ban open cockpits in 2010

Quote from Bob Smith :Link to whatever streams you like... so long as they are legal.

Well... hard to know are they legal or not. For example TVU Player (TVUNetworks.com) or Sopcast streams, if you happen to be familiar with these programs?
Pescarolo for LMP1, Dunno for LMP2, Aston Martin for GT1. not sure on GT2

Was just watching the practice (i think) on Motors TV, looks very close between the Pug and the Audi, And it GT1 im sure there was supposed to be a Murculargo(spelling:schwitz but i couldnt see it on the timings
Quote from deggis :Better get used to the style, as you probably know ACO is planning to ban open cockpits in 2010

I love closed cockpit protos... I just hate the Pug. It looks terrible imho.
I guess it'll be on the Wheels channel on TVUPlayer. I'm yet to look at Sopcast.
Five Swedes on the grid this year. Must be some kind of a record
#21 - pigi
LMP1: Pescarolo, Peugeot, Audi
LMP2: Lota
GT1: C6R, Aston
Gt2: Ferrary, LAmbo, Porshe
Other didnt remember.

This what I remember. But I am not shure about GT!!!!!
So if I am not right correct me .

OPEN COCKPITS: They have this plans to ban this cockpits because if some bamper from other car whill fly to ure head!
Le MAns will be able to pay for that! And they dont need this. But its just plans and theory!
But this prototypes sooo nice with this open cockpits. But peugeot almost have full closed cockpit.
Quote from Bob Smith :Link to whatever streams you like... so long as they are legal.

So who's going? I haven't been in a few years, this year is no different. I'd like to go next year mind, it will be 9 years since I first went then and I can still hear those two Panoz cars rumbling in my head.

I wanted to go this year, but my holiday came too close to the event so i couldn't really go.
Perhaps an 'LFS does Le Mans' event could be organised for next year?? It could be great
Just wondering, do The LMPs have White lights and the GTs have Yellowish lights, or is it just random
P1 white lights, P2 Blue lights, GT1 and GT2 have either yellow or green lights. I Forget which is which.

It serves a couple purposes; lets fans who which class a car is in, as well as the drivers.
You also can tell the position of the car with the lights (top 3).

About the closed cockpits. There are new regulations in this 2007 race where closed cockpit cars (like the Peugeot) need to have an air conditioning unit installed. Whereas the open cockpits need to have added weight to substitute for not having the AC onboard. I can see why they would want only closed cockpits in 2010.

The Peugeots have been quickest by more than a second over the Audis in their Le Mans testing... we'll just have to wait and see how they fare in practice and qualifying. But it all sounds like the same stuff that happened in last years Le Mans, with the Pescarolos being incredibly fast, but having too many mechanical issues because of it. They were ahead most of the time versus the Audis, but due to the Audis having longer stints, that is how Audi won. Though now, the fuel tank size in any LMP1 diesel car have been restricted from 100 litres to 81 litres or something. Normal petrol will be 90 litres.

24 hours of Le Mans 2007
(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG