The online racing simulator
#1 - senn
FORZA 2 is out soon (in some places it is out)
SWEEEEEEEET, can't wait for this one. I love the whole modifying cars then racing them thing, and F2 is looking to be pretty good (more cars etc)

Anyone got full version already?
Thoughts?
Yeah its out instore ATM for $60 on 360...

Im gonna try to rent it today.
ill wait for a demo for pc...if theres a pc version to come.
I'm pretty sure Forza 2 is Xbox 360 only.

I've seen screens of Forza 2, looks pretty good. I have to hijack my friends Xbox360 and Forza 2 sometime if they get it
Quote from VTiRoj :I'm pretty sure Forza 2 is Xbox 360 only.

would be pretty stupid imo as xbox is a microsoft product...so not that hard to port to pc.
Forza was Xbox only also. Its a "only on Xbox" thing I guess, at least thats what my classics case says
i would understand it for the Playstation as its a completely different platform but that way around it doesnt really make any sense to me.
oh well, we will see.
#8 - ajp71
Well TBH the whole semi-sim format wouldn't work well on PC. It doesn't really merit using a wheel and the keyboard inputs would have to be over smoothed just making it into an arcade game.
Forza2 doesnt looks as good as everyone expecting.What a shame.I bet GT5 will smash down that game.
Quote from ajp71 :Well TBH the whole semi-sim format wouldn't work well on PC. It doesn't really merit using a wheel and the keyboard inputs would have to be over smoothed just making it into an arcade game.

works in TDU though!
It will never come to PC.

Microsoft is a huge company, so it does not surprise me at all that they would have only one piece of software work with one piece of hardware.

My friend got Forza2 the other day, I'm still trying to get him to bring it over but I don't think I have bugged him enough about it to bring it over. (I have the bigger TV so..) He says its fantastic and quite realistic, the only thing he says he hates about it is that the modding of the engine variables is quite limited.
i surely will never play it then as i 100% wont get a crappy xbox.
pc forever.
i also dont know anyone who has an xbox. good thing tho.
XCnuse,
could you really test it.I have hight doubts about it being so realistic as your friend described.From the ingame videos I am really thinking its the opposite way.Realistic doesnt mean you get the "hundreds" of value displayed nice graphically but how the cars behave.

I would like to see someone from LFS comunity testing Forza 2 and coming with something.I am not expecting its really that good.
I'll try and bug him about it enough this week or if not then I'll find myself going over to his place. I get my laptop tomorrow, maybe that will interest him enough to come over. I'll deffinitely try it out and give you guys a synopsis on it.

Problem is I don't think he has a wheel for it, but I mean, a controller will get you so far, I'll look around for the basics such as suspension, grip, overal physics.
I have pre-ordered it, I don't play my xbox 360 online though, I think its a waste of money to have some white middle class American 13 year old smack talking me like a 'gangsta'. Apparently it has a very good single player and takes a long time to complete, so thats ok.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :XCnuse,
could you really test it.I have hight doubts about it being so realistic as your friend described.From the ingame videos I am really thinking its the opposite way.Realistic doesnt mean you get the "hundreds" of value displayed nice graphically but how the cars behave.

Unfortunately the preview videos I've seen of it seem to look more arcadey physics wise than the original Forza, which had decent physics for a console, pretty much all but the tires was perfectly predictable/believable based on what you'd expect a car to do, better than a lot of rF mods (I'm not joking).
I have it, along with the Xbox wireless FF wheel, and I do think it's quite realistic. The FF doesn't seem canned, but seems like it's simulating steering column torque as in LFS, I think it feels a lot better than GTR or any of the ISI sims personally, you feel a lot more connected to the road, the cars don't seem to float like they do in the ISI sims.

It's not Live for Speed, to be sure, but it ain't bad, I don't even know if it deserves the "semi-sim" title, it seems pretty real to me.
Its still a simulator, even if it's (possibly) a poor one. Hope its good though, I enjoyed the 1st one, about the best compromise you can hope for with realism/arcade on a console IMO.
Quote from 96 GTS :I have it, along with the Xbox wireless FF wheel, and I do think it's quite realistic. The FF doesn't seem canned, but seems like it's simulating steering column torque as in LFS, I think it feels a lot better than GTR or any of the ISI sims personally, you feel a lot more connected to the road, the cars don't seem to float like they do in the ISI sims.

It's not Live for Speed, to be sure, but it ain't bad, I don't even know if it deserves the "semi-sim" title, it seems pretty real to me.

pretty good review. the physics, while not perfect, are actually pretty good, especially when using the FF wheel. i was actually pleasantly surprised when a high hp fwd car i had torque steered when i stomped on the gas.

its not quiet as good as LFS, but i'd put it firmly in 2nd for physics simulations.
Quote from glyphon :pretty good review. the physics, while not perfect, are actually pretty good, especially when using the FF wheel. i was actually pleasantly surprised when a high hp fwd car i had torque steered when i stomped on the gas.

its not quiet as good as LFS, but i'd put it firmly in 2nd for physics simulations.

I was also quite surprised to feel torque steer. It's also a neat effect having both rumble motors and a real FF motor in the wheel, so you can rumble over curbs, but it doesn't affect your steering.

With a balanced, RWD car, it's actually really nice. The e36 M3 reminds me a lot of the XRT, with maybe just a bit more understeer. I think the physics are very good. There's no real way to compare it to LFS other than feel, but I think it scores pretty highly in that department. I haven't felt anything strange or out of the ordinary either. Everything that happens seems like what should be happening.

I'd definitely put it a close second for physics, right behind the likes of LFS, GPL, NR2003, and RBR. I'd rate it ahead of all the ISI sims, too.
The guys who play online should start an LFS server or something, or just have LFS people as friends for it. That way you know you won't be getting many of the smack talking Southern American Halo fans who pretend they are 'gangsta'. I don't have my 360 hooked up online at the moment, I'm giving this wireless thingy a trial and if that works i will get a new one and get online. I played FORZA for the xbox online, but I spent more time doing my perfect paintjobs than actually racing, seriously I would spend days making them and they often rivaled the stuff I do on photoshop for LFS

Of course the problem with FORZA was you could only really put layers on made of the basic shapes, but with a lot of spare time I made some complicated paintjobs that even managed to impress so stupid kids online (probably blind) so I hope they have improved that area of the game a bit to make it easier to use.

Oh and also I would love to have more engine swaps available so that theres not only 1 option for a few cars, I remember my VW Corrado with whatever engine you could lump into it...I think it was a Golf GTI one or something, anyway that thing flew on the straights and then promtly flew into the barriers due to shitty brakes
forza 2 uses bascially the same system for paint jobs. primative shapes, gradient shapes, and then some various predefined shapes (likes flames, race symbols, letters and numbers, etc).

there are some insanely talented people making skins for their cars too. this is by far one of the best i've seen. no, there isn't a way to upload pictures. this is made by simple shapes and gradient shapes.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :would be pretty stupid imo as xbox is a microsoft product...so not that hard to port to pc.

lmao forza is always an xbox only game unless your pc can keep the 60 fps it needs to run smooth ( you would need atleast a 4 gz pc with a great graphics set-up )

also i dont think microsoft wuld be stupid enough to make a crappy pc version cause i think its the only good game for xbox/xbox 360
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Forza2 doesnt looks as good as everyone expecting.What a shame.I bet GT5 will smash down that game.

Too bad GT5 is planning to do the Guitar Hero Two thing:

You want the Caterham 7 -> $1.00
You want the GT-One Toyota -> $1.00

To have every car in the game (speculated) it would cost you over $1000. That's the last thing I heard, which is when I immediately stopped considering a PS3 or ever caring about the GT series again.
Quote from theirishnoob :lmao forza is always an xbox only game unless your pc can keep the 60 fps it needs to run smooth ( you would need atleast a 4 gz pc with a great graphics set-up )

LOL. That is all.

edit: To avoid the risk of this being spam, you do realise today's PC hardware can render games at far higher resolutions than any console? In fact I dont think I'm wrong in saying even some/most core 2 duo CPUs are more powerful than the power pc jobby in the 360. Consoles barely beat PCs graphics capability the day they are launched - 18 months later they are left in the wake of PC hardware. (Lets not overlook the MASSIVE 4x FSAA the 360 can do at 1280x720).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG