The online racing simulator
it should be stopped
(31 posts, closed, started )
it should be stopped
hi ... im sorry to say this, its probably been brought up a few times. But the fact that quite a few people these days have the admin pass for servers, leads to trouble
I was on a server, and i have a feeling that the admins were mucking around. I'm not going to say who they are, because thats just stupid, and i dont like getting people into trouble.
But these admins ( i refuse to say What the hell they were smoking ), started doing some stuff. the text said, [got race?] HSP (my name in lfs): sucks ****, and b*nes sheep, f*cks his mum and stuff like this.
i think the admin command for this should seriously be stopped, and the admins were writing stuff, and swearing at other people from my account. Letting the victims think it was actually me, luckily i had their MSN, and i told them it wasnt me This command should really, be stopped.
I'm sorry to have to inform you, but admins can do whatever they would like on their server. If you don't like the way they are running things, feel free to go elsewhere.
#3 - garph
Quote from Cue-Ball :I'm sorry to have to inform you, but admins can do whatever they would like on their server. If you don't like the way they are running things, feel free to go elsewhere.

What he said
but....its not on. There were a lot of people on that server whom i knew, and know they think i have been swearing at them...thats just, stupid
#5 - garph
If they knew you and you told them it wasn't you then there really isn't a problem is there?
#6 - Jakg
yes, the /msg command - who uses it anyway? remove it!

</sarcasm>
Quote from harjun :but....its not on. There were a lot of people on that server whom i knew, and know they think i have been swearing at them...thats just, stupid

It may be stupid, but the server is their property and they can do whatever the like on it. There are tons and tons of servers available, and you're always free to start your own. If people are being twats on the server you are on, go elsewhere.
yeh...i told them it wasnt me, and then i told all admins to stop, i know who it is though.
its 1 guy, he nice though.
But there should be some thing...where you cant do it to other players

@Cue-Ball...there arent tons and tons of servers in S2...thres like very rarely even 10
I understand the need to vent, but what do you honestly expect us to do? There are plenty of other servers with very friendly and mature admins.
Its not just the MSG command, you can just change the name to someone elses and add a black dot and no one would be the wiser 50% of the time.

You encountered stupid admins, so what, move onto another server
If you dont like it go somewhere else. LFS servers are privately owned. There is pretty much nothing you or the devs can do.
Quote from harjun :yeh...i told them it wasnt me, and then i told all admins to stop, i know who it is though.
its 1 guy, he nice though.
But there should be some thing...where you cant do it to other players

Shhhs now, it's ok Daddys here...no need to worry, just go to sleep and everything will be ok in the morning.

yeh....i guess, but i race on that server a lot....but oh well
Quote from harjun :
@Cue-Ball...there arent tons and tons of servers in S2...thres like very rarely even 10

I have far more than 10 servers in my game list...
The MSG command i used but on a rarely basis. For example it is used at the UKCT servers (forgot new name) and all other sort of things. I think there should be away to stop people doing stuff like this. Ive had it done to me beofre but this was on demo ages ago i just decided to let them get on with it and ignore them. I know where your coming from that it isnt on but Hey its obvious they have nothing better to do. Just explain to your friends simply it wasnt you and its over and done with. Then with abit of luck no one will bother with him or his server!

Matt
#16 - SamH
As everyone else has said, it's their server and they can do what they want.

However, the point Harjun is making, albeit a bit moot, is that it's very immature behaviour, to mislead someone into thinking they're being sworn at by their friend. On that point, if someone is doing this, I agree that it's totally out of order.

Bottom line, Harjun, you need to vote with your feet. Don't grace their server with your racecraft. They don't deserve you or your friends on their connection list. They can get stuffed
yeh i guess, but its occuring a lot. And the server wasnt his property. It was by 500servers. He'd just bought it
#18 - Jakg
his server - he pays for it.
Quote from harjun :@Cue-Ball...there arent tons and tons of servers in S2...thres like very rarely even 10

Like keiran said, you must have some filters on or something...or using a test patch, but remember, it's a test patch so most people will still be on W for now.

I have 20 to 30 popluated servers on W. Make sure your filters are NO for everything except YES for public and you search for all cars as well.
Why is it possible for an admin to impersonate another racer anyway? Is it just so spotty little kiddie server admins can show us all their giant e-boners?

I say remove this feature, and give them another feature that simply announces the size of the admin's e-boner to everybody when they enter the server and before the start of each race.
I thought this would be a thread about stopping people posting pointless complaints about servers in general chat, instead of seeking out the server owners and sending a private message or posting on their forums
no....its just stupid, and theyre all 17 aswell!, and im only 13 yet i have more sense not to do that!
#23 - Jakg
you just do a /msg [Their Name] : [Message] - it's just a message that has no "sent by" bit
/msg should be allowed, but saying it through another person shouldn''t
#25 - Jakg
so what you mean is that it cant type /msg [username] - what if i want to go "/msg harjun - your lagging!"?
This thread is closed

it should be stopped
(31 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG