The online racing simulator
Season 2: Lfscar Race 1: Kyoto -130° on Monday 28th of May, 18.15 UTC

LFSCAR 360degree.tk CUP SERIES SEASON 2: RACE 1
Hi gentlemen,

On Monday 28th, 18.15 UTC/GMT we will start with the first event of the LFSCAR 360degree.tk CUP SERIES, the KYOTO -130. We will race on the server:
"(FM) 360° EVENT!" which runs under the latest test patch available at 15.00 UTC. so make sure you have a copy of LFS with that patch ready.

Qualifying starts at 18.15 UTC/GMT.
1 outlap 2 fastlaps followed by a 6 lap sprint race with flying start

If we have more then 18 drivers on the server we will have a 20 min. open qualifying instead and no sprint race at all just to make the whole event not too long.

Track: Kyoto Oval Reverse
Length: 130 laps
Special: No car-reset, flying start under double file
Layout: NO Barriers at all, so keep your car behind the yellow line for pitting in and exiting. any crossing of the yellow line with more then one wheel while pitting in or out will result in a 5 point penalty. you are allowed to cross the line if you got wrecked.

Skins:
As not everyone has uploaded a skin so far, please make sure you have a proper skin ready for tomorrows event which contains at least YOUR CAR NUMBER BIG ENOUGH AND READABLE ENOUGH ON THE ROOF OF YOUR CAR.

Rules:
Please make sure you check out the rules-section again in the forum or on the website as we made some changes as a result of the warm-up event. the most important things are:

- NO DOUBLE FILE RESTARTS (but the first start is double filed)
- "GREEN FLAG!!!" means race is FREE , so you don't have to wait until finish line to overtake when you see the message
- Pacecar-Speed is 120km/h, 150km/h in last lap of the caution phase
- No caution during last 3 laps of the race
- "Lucky Dog" rule is still there
- Voice-chat isn't mandatory anymore
- Voice-chat: keep silence in the "Event" Channel

thanks to [FM]Blaster for being clerk of the course for tomorrows race and of course Orgi for doing the pacecar.

i hope to see as much as possible of you tomorrow
for the race.

This is the thread for any discussion to the first event of lfscar 360degree.tk cup series SEASON 2.
Am in or what?
Cant wait
everyone who is not sure about the starting procedure or pacecar procedure be on the server earlier, so we can do some practice starts/restarts.

i wish good luck to all drivers (including myself) and a great series. MAY THE SCHWARZ BE WITH YOU
Yeah, good luck everybody. I seem to be running ~35.2s on my own, with the odd ~35.1s lap, still 6-7 tenths off the WR, how does that fit in with everyone?
what time does it start? im USA on EST

Edit NVM I guess it already started...
sorry for disconnecting/leave the server ,,,garda(police) comes to me so I must to stop playing (my girfriend don't wannt to play KY1r:shrug
well not to be horrible or anything but you not even saying caused a chain reaction which lead to me having to restart the race the have a nice big fall out with the admins and geting a minimum of disq ed form the race, so please next time tell people!!!!!!
Well done to all who raced,and thank's once again
RACE 1 - After Race Reports
First Id like to thank all the admin team for an Exellent Job (Difficult one at times).

And Well done to the guys came in the top positions.

My Race, Starting in 15th Position and finishing in 8th But having to pit on lap 87 in Green flag killed my 4th place that I had climed to

Race Incedents that Caused me to loose places and time Lap 4, LAP 18, Lap 19. No point moaning about it all....BUT ITS 130 LAPS.....PLENTY OF TIME. I think all three were under pace cars :-(

Applogies for the Hazzard lights issue....For tyhe life of me I could not remember how to switch them off...lol

Anyway after about lap 40 it was a quiet race for me, Just taking a few extra places in the last few laps as people had to pit.

WELL DONE ALL
Do you have the final result's including championship?.
Good race n stuff, unlucky at the start but pulled up from around last place to 4th

Race Report:

Lap 3 racing incident between me and #14, no ones fault, but we started the first pacecar phase

Lap 9 lost control due to car damage, nearly hit a few people but thankfully didnt, didnt even leave the track

Lap 19 Big pileup under pacecar, no idea what was going on there, but i hit #22 (not that it was his fault)

Lap 21 picked up a lil bit of damage on under pacecar when got a tap from #8 from behind

Lap 41/42 Random pacecar phase which lasted all of 10 seconds, i lost a place when i slowed down
this is the inofficial race result so far. stay tuned for more in detail information.
Attached images
finish-race-1.jpg
Challenging race, I enjoyed it. Started 11th, fought up with good restarts and good strategy, fought back down by being outright slow and tyres so cold from the safety car period that they went below blue (black btw - but not punctured ). Final position, 3rd and last car on lead lap.
Not bad for the first race, but not as good as it could have been.
Still to much confusion about the rules and wrong given commands as well.

For me ... had a good start and managed to stay in top positions w/o having a crash.
So far so good I decided to make my pitstop under full course yellow started in lap 50 (or maybe 51).
The pits open command was just given out when I passed the pitentry ... I had to go another round (lap 3 of fcy).
When I made my stop(lap 4 of fcy) there suddenly came the command last lap under caution. Great I thought, exactly when I do my stop they shorten the full course yellow.

The restart happend before I could reach the end of the grid, so I had to go alone w/o someone to draft.

A few laps later I had a slow car in front which just decided to go wide while I was passing outside. Damn hit the wall and got some damage.
Funny thing about I had a the same kind of crash in the first race of the last season.

At the end managed to get second, cause everyone besides rawex and becky made a pitstop (why didn't they do this when yellow flag is out ?)

I managed to pass becky by myself. Please Becky my dear draft my next time ... I will not crash you out. We might have caught Rawex.

For me alone there was no way to get close to rawex, who drove an outstanding race at the front.

After the race I read the rules and it says :
Quote : - A caution-phase will last for not less then 5 laps and will last as long as necessary.

Now what ???

Tbh. I might not have won the race, but for sure I would have had better chances If fyc lasted at least 5 laps, like it is said in the rules.

Even worse I tried to talk to mastermind of lfscar Mr. Fischfix himself about this but ... he completly ignored me ... great!

For the next race ... the marshalls or whatever they want to call themselfes should be a bit less talkative. Even oval racing need same concentration and second Fischfix shouldn't do 2 things at the same time
... Racing and Administrating. Afaik he already has problems doing one of these .

Last thing.
For my understanding the qualifying should line up the racers according to their speed. That kind of qualifying we had,did not do that.
In race I saw nobody bumpdrafting each other (besides my and only for a few laps, cause it didn't work out).
So I vote for disallowing bumpdrafting in qualifying, lets stick to normal drafting.

Yankman
yankman, i did not see that you wanted to talk to me sorry. i really did not see it. but you were right with that pacecar-situation it was too short. in the future i won't have anything todo with it, so the actual racing admin will give the RCM commands. if we will keep up the 20min. open qualifying there won't be bumpdrafting allowed, we had a small discussion about it. i think lots of drivers had a screwed up race... but overall you were 2nd. and what i can say for now, wait for the penalties there might be changes to the overall result anyway...
Quote :I managed to pass becky by myself. Please Becky my dear draft my next time ... I will not crash you out. We might have caught Rawex.

On another day maybe, on this day I elected to run my own pace and stay out of trouble. I was over a second off the pace having only driven the car for the first time just prior to the race, it did not seem to respond well to ducking in and out of the slipstream so I elected to take the cautious and prudent route.

One point of interest though, I watched the replay this morning and there was one point when 3 of us where side by side. I braked and ducked out of the conflict before a turn, the other 2 crashed. There's a moral here somewhere ...
#18 - J.B.
The race worked a lot better in general than the test race although it was over for me quite soon. Single file restarts are just a lot easier to do for the drivers (although still too hard for some).

What was annoying is that the crash that saw me stuck with my rear wheels on the grass happened during a full course yellow and it wasn't even the only crash I saw under full course yellow. Whenever I see the caution message I lift off the throttle and wait till I'm at about 120 km/h. Everyone else seems to go on a lot faster and usually one or two cars even overtake me. Was I doing it right? It seems to me that there would be less crashes under caution if people would go slower.

All in all it was still fun whenever I had other cars close to me even if I was laps down. I made a couple of misjudgements and sometimes went too low into a corner with someone next to me, so I apoligize for that, but I guess that's part of learning the whole oval/drafting buisiness.

A few more questions. Wasn't the actual race start supposed to be double file? Where can I get the layout files to practice the next tracks? What's the speed limit under caution when you are told to close the large gaps?
@Fischfix:

I felt a bit guilty after the testrace cause I was complaining about serveral things in vent.

This time I tried to keep cool, so u won't become distracted again.

As much as I fight for the win, I am happy with the second place.
I had not have the time for practise and making a proper set as well as
making a better skin, cause of the 24h race.

And if u say u didn't see my messages, it is ok.
After all the fun out of it should be the reason to take part and I am trying
to keep it that way.
I guess if I'd pitted at the same time as you Yankman we could have continued drafting each other and you might have won that race. Oh well, nothing can be done about it now
Yeah I was really wondering why nobody besides becky and me pitted.
It was almost midrace and a perfect moment.

I even told u that I gonna pit ....
Yeah, I guess I was hoping for another pace car phase after the restart but it never came

EDIT: Ah well, bring on the Special K!
I ran longer expecting 1 more pace car in the next 30 laps...(History would suggest it would happen at least one more time), Tires were in perfect condition, car wasnt that badly damaged....And I had Gallons of fuel left....... Was looking forward to running a slightly faster pace for another 30 laps or when ever the next Pace car was...........

I just had to pit at lap 87 for fuel...
Quote from J.B. :Everyone else seems to go on a lot faster and usually one or two cars even overtake me. Was I doing it right? It seems to me that there would be less crashes under caution if people would go slower.
?

You did absolutely right just because there is no need for a hurry. if people overtook you (and you can bet on that i will look at any pacecar-phase closely) they will get a penalty if they don't give the place back.

Quote from J.B. :
A few more questions. Wasn't the actual race start supposed to be double file? Where can I get the layout files to practice the next tracks? What's the speed limit under caution when you are told to close the large gaps?

actually i did not gave out any speed limit for the closing command but closing it in reasonable speed should be common racing sense. however there will be some penatlies for causing crashes during Cautions becaus of unreasonable high speed.

you are right with the double file, but we did some test races right before the qualifying and the outcome was, lots of drivers had problems to follow the easy rule to stay in their file. i don't think it is a loss when we will have only singlefile starts and restarts in the future. it worked pretty good in the last event of season 1 but we can talk about it again in the 2nd half of season 2 to try it again.
[quote=yankman;436122]@Fischfix:

I felt a bit guilty after the testrace cause I was complaining about serveral things in vent.
[quote]

to be honest yankman, at the testevent i did not expect that much criticism even from you and i was really pissed off, but it has a good outcome: everyone tries now to keep silence during racing.

in all evil is something good
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG