The online racing simulator
Quote from SamH :Just to get things clear, there are not many servers out there actively ASKING for complaints. The point is that we're asking for replays to substantiate those complaints. The fact that we're not GETTING the replays is a thorn in OUR side as much as in the side of anyone who is trying to get a decent race in the CTRA servers.

I haven't sent any reports because I figure you're kept busy enough, but if you like I could start sending them. I could probably submit a report for every race I run if you really want them.

Maybe that's an exaggeration, but not a huge one.
#102 - Dru
Quote from SamH : The fact that we're not GETTING the replays is a thorn in OUR side as much as in the side of anyone who is trying to get a decent race in the CTRA servers.

If ANYONE is considering complaining about the driving standards of other drivers, or drivers in a particular server in general, you'd better turn on MPR autosave to back it up. If you don't, I'm simply not interested in hearing about it. If you wanna TAKE a bit of a stab, then bloody well GIVE a bit of an MPR to TOTALLY back it up too. Otherwise you're just making noise, and I'm not even REMOTELY interested in listening to just noise.

This autosave - is this the one that you press 2 to save?

or is it different Sam, cause i must admit, when i've been hit and out on the track, i tend to go to pits or spec immediately so i don't cause a seconday accident

but then can not save the replay as it's lost..
iirc, you can still save after spectating in multiplayer lol.
Quote from Becky Rose :I sucked tonight. I took 500pts off myself when I logged off! lol.

hehe, admin power
Quote from Dru :This autosave - is this the one that you press 2 to save?

It's in options > game. If you set it to auto save, the mpr will be saved every time the race is restarted/ended or you quit. So you'll never miss anything, and you don't have to worry about pressing '2' - it's done for you.

Just remember to delete the ones you don't want or after (quite) a while they'll fill up your hard drive
Quote from thisnameistaken :I haven't sent any reports because I figure you're kept busy enough, but if you like I could start sending them. I could probably submit a report for every race I run if you really want them.

Maybe that's an exaggeration, but not a huge one.

I'm all for it. If consistently bad drivers, OR badly inconsistent drivers, are in the servers, I want them out. Ideally, if you can point me at who to look for then it helps to accelerate the reviewing process, but it's not absolutely necessary.
Seems like you've been saved by the patch X!

I doubt I'll see much LFS before Friday, got people staying with us.
Quote from SamH :I'm all for it. If consistently bad drivers, OR badly inconsistent drivers, are in the servers, I want them out. Ideally, if you can point me at who to look for then it helps to accelerate the reviewing process, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Now that I am back in force hopefully I can take some of load =) If people are honestly having issues with the drivers on the servers we need to know about it or else we cannot help the situation!
Just adding my 2p here

I was on the silver/gold server last night for what must be the first time in months. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Yes, there were the occasional taps in braking areas, but on the whole everyone on the server when I was there was behaving well in line with the rules.

I think I've only ever made one report in the past anyway, and within minutes SamH popped into the server and demoted the guy concerned back to the lower ones. Proves the system works, if it is used

I should hopefully be online a bit more regularly now, and will keep my eyes peeled.
:banghead:Some idiot reported me come on get a bleeding life not like it was intentially,so annoying,now I am back to silver licence and 3,000 point's short.Reall pis*ing me off
Yes, but even if it was unintentional, they apparently deemed it as unsporting enough to reduce your license. You should be lucky they only reset it to silver, so it probably wasn't a that severe offence anyway. Be a man, suck it up and drive better next time.
Quote from 11SuLLy11 ::banghead:Some idiot reported me come on get a bleeding life not like it was intentially,so annoying,now I am back to silver licence and 3,000 point's short.Reall pis*ing me off

It wasn't me (although I did report somebody else last night), but I'd have to say if you got docked 3,000 points you probably deserved it. Or at least the admins thought you did, which is the whole point of their servers.
Quote from thisnameistaken :It wasn't me (although I did report somebody else last night), but I'd have to say if you got docked 3,000 points you probably deserved it. Or at least the admins thought you did, which is the whole point of their servers.

Yes,ok here is the truth,I think the track was AS Cadet,we were all going through the chicane after start(hence everyone in big pack)some people lagging also,I touched off a racer,just enough to get small bit sideway's which was accidental,then he start's calling me names,didn't bothar me kept racing he rammed me off and then I discconected,ask anyone I have raced against (not possible:razz if I am a wrecker tbh I know they will say no,I have never been banned or anything,I race karts so I do know the rules to an certain extent,also check my CTRA/STCC record and you will see no reports about me for misbehaving etc,I wouldn't be complaining if it was through,I would take the penalty but the fact it's some idiot acting childish it's pissing me off
i would like to link to the replay here and let everyone make up thier own decisions, but i can't - this stuff shouldn't be brought to the forum, and it seems SuLLy's view of the incident was different to the admins - either way, arguing on the forum will not help so just drop it.
I got set back over 5500 points for tapping some ppl... not bumping not makeing em slide of... just close raceing tapping since im mouse thy are wheel
i cant break as "nice" as thy can and thy know it and prebreak just to make me hit em... anyways il be back on gold soon enuff again did 30% today so i dont care that some ppl act childish thy get what thy deserve in the end anyways.. but i think the whould report system is abit flawed or need some work for example i only got a msg after i joined a new host after that i checked my licence to se i lost points did not know for what.. The one of admins should Send a mail to the user useing lfsworld and notife with replay and why and if you got anything to say where to replay.

(sorry for bad english i got dyslexi) :/
Quote from darkfate :I got set back over 5500 points for tapping some ppl... not bumping not makeing em slide of... just close raceing tapping since im mouse thy are wheel
i cant break as "nice" as thy can and thy know it and prebreak just to make me hit em... anyways il be back on gold soon enuff again did 30% today so i dont care that some ppl act childish thy get what thy deserve in the end anyways.. but i think the whould report system is abit flawed or need some work for example i only got a msg after i joined a new host after that i checked my licence to se i lost points did not know for what.. The one of admins should Send a mail to the user useing lfsworld and notife with replay and why and if you got anything to say where to replay.

(sorry for bad english i got dyslexi) :/

Yes this has been a problem for me since the whole system was brought online... no way to let the drivers that were penalized know automatically what and why they were penalized. This is not saying that you cannot PM one of us to pull your license notes, we would be more than happy to sent you a copy of the notes that we, as UKCT admins, thought about the replays.
+1 I got no notification about this,also I can't view the replay for some strange reason,a box comes up asking me what program to use
(1) internet
(2)program of your choice

I chose Window's media player but could play the file

anyone know what too do ?
Since its a replay download and put in LFS's MPR map
open LFS and choose replay and MPR, i guess....
Quote from Viper93 :We would be more than happy to sent you a copy of the notes that we, as UKCT admins, thought about the replays.

Fast replay Viper but main problem there is There is no info who is "judges" on page its nice that we can ask (SamH got mine out) and there is no info how mutch points you will lose by doing XXX thing i mean i heard ppl geting all from 1000 points to 200 points to in my case 5500 points for tapps / bumps and "race accidents" .. there most be some set rules and some clear line how ppl are judge so its not just a bad day mood that make some one go point lose crazy, and a way to counter talk the judgement only talking from my own case but i think loseing 5500 points is abit harsh for what i did compare to what i see everyday raceing and i raced alot on ctra servers uf1 mostly and that can be realy bumpy ride
Quote from darkfate :Fast replay Viper but main problem there is There is no info who is "judges" on page its nice that we can ask (SamH got mine out) and there is no info how mutch points you will lose by doing XXX thing i mean i heard ppl geting all from 1000 points to 200 points to in my case 5500 points for tapps / bumps and "race accidents" .. there most be some set rules and some clear line how ppl are judge so its not just a bad day mood that make some one go point lose crazy, and a way to counter talk the judgement only talking from my own case but i think loseing 5500 points is abit harsh for what i did compare to what i see everyday raceing and i raced alot on ctra servers uf1 mostly and that can be realy bumpy ride

Yes we understand that situation. For virtually every replay their is at least 2 people reviewing replays of acts of questionable driving. Most are blatant and do not need the redundancy but, like your circumstance, there are at least two people verifying the penalty to ensure the system is not being abused by any certain admin. For various reasons CTRA will not ever give out who specifically gave out the penalty, but the main reason is to create a governing body that is above any single one person. One way to do this is to prevent anyone saying that they gave out the specific penalty.

This would be like asking the FIA to tell you the name of the person that is penalizing a team for breaking a racing regulation. They just would not do it.

When a decision is made regarding a license and another admin does not agree to it there are systems in place for a discussion to occur so we can minimize giving too many/harsh penalties. You all can rest in peace On the flip side of this there has also been discussions about admins being too lenient.

I agree there should be a "clear line" for us to judge replays with, it would make our jobs much much easier. But the problem is that every incident is unique in it's own way and cannot be judged like "X contacted Y, 50 point reduction" Every race is different, every driver is different. Thats what makes racing for me so interesting, but because of that there cannot be a "blanket" rule for much of anything, only guidelines, which makes everything grey and fuzzy, much like the sight of an old person =)

:Edit: I would like to say that we are trying our hardest to bring everyone a fair and just system, but we can only give as good as we receive. If we do not receive any replays we cannot do anything about any issues that you might have. So please if you are having an issue with drivers on the CTRA servers please send us a replay using the wrecking reporting procedure, thank you =)
I would say one important thing (for me anyway) is to hold your hands up when you make a mistake and let the driver you just barged past take his position back. If a driver does that, I forget about the contact. It's when someone nudges me out of the way, maybe sends a quick "Sorry", then demonstrates that they're not really sorry by disappearing off over the hill while I'm still getting back up to speed. Those are the sort of people I'd most likely report.
Aboslutely, say sorry with actions not words.

I've been tempted to make that a server message reply whenever someone says sorry actually! lol.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I would say one important thing (for me anyway) is to hold your hands up when you make a mistake and let the driver you just barged past take his position back. If a driver does that, I forget about the contact. It's when someone nudges me out of the way, maybe sends a quick "Sorry", then demonstrates that they're not really sorry by disappearing off over the hill while I'm still getting back up to speed. Those are the sort of people I'd most likely report.

I'll just affirm that CTRA admins also take this into consideration when reviewing accidents. Admins take a very dim view of keybinded "Sorry! "s as the culprit zooms on FTW.
[edit]did I really take that long to type my post?
On the positive side: If you do wait and let your victim past you again, you at least get another chance to try to pass him cleanly, and given that you hit him the previous time you could probably do with the practice, so: You're doing yourself a favour too.

Making mistakes just means you're learning, it's not giving a toss what happens as a consequence of your mistakes that marks you out as a bad driver.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG