The online racing simulator
Save replay, submit replay, it won't happen again by the actions of the same person on the server.
Quote from Polaxis :What shall I say?
This evening we had a guy that ignored blue flag and rammed me (because I was leading the race).
Next race there was some guy who changed his nickname identically like mine and started ramming and flaming at people. I suddendly left because I was pretty angry.
I really hope that these people get what they deserve...

That's an old wrecker tactic I read about ages ago that went on in demo servers where a "wrecker team" would dopplegang other drivers and have them alienated by the rest of the drivers in the server so that they would be booted. Once everyone was booted from the server they would then pose about the track taking screenshots of themselves once they had the server to themselves.

Completeley dispicable behaviour that can be dealt with in one replay, you did save a replay didn't you :doh:
Quote from Swiss_Tony :you did save a replay didn't you :doh:

I see, looking at the CTRA admin database, that he did indeed. The culprit responsible has had his last ever race/wreck on CTRA servers
Quote from SamH : The culprit responsible has had his last ever race/wreck on CTRA servers

Nice work Exterminated by the mighty Mr H.
Wreckers beware
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments.

I was just so "surprised" yesterday. I couldn't imagine that people can really do something like that, because I don't really get it. I don't pay money for LFS and a wheel to go on server, fake my nickname and insult people.
LFS is just too great that to spend time like that If I'm on a server, I wanna race...

So, thank you all again and good luck adapting the licence system to patch X.
this must been said:

after a few hours of testing the new patch X last weekend on quite full public servers i must say: I WAS SHOCKED of the behavior some drivers had

well most of the time of my lfs "career" i was driving in leagues or on league-train-servers and for the last 4months i drove mostly on ctra-servers,
so maybe i was a bit spoiled over the last 2 years...

but what i saw the last days was so deterrent that i thought the whole
dispute about the standards on the ctra-servers must have been a bad joke.

even the "bad" driving on ctra-servers was never down on this evel... in my eyes.

thats why i decided to join a summer-fun-league to bypass the time, till
the ctra´s a up again...

edit: btw, the server-status-thread should´ve been updated
OMG! I thought it was just me that thought that! LOL! I've been sitting on my hands since Patch X was released, thinking to myself "am I the ONLY person who's shocked at all this!?" LOL! I figured if I said anything, people would just think it was arrogance, and trying to make out that the CTRA servers are better than anyone else. Honestly, I don't think that at all..

There are some public servers that I love going on, because there are always admins online. Yeah, sometimes they try to admin from the driver's seat, and that's a cardinal sin IMO.. you can't admin unless you're watching a replay or unless you're spectating and see the incident happen (not just the aftermath). But there are servers where an EFFORT is made to get things right, and to be fair and not just to say "my server, I'm right". I guess it's a case of trial 'n' error.. shop around.. but I agree, the safest place to be right now is in an organized league event. I think UKCT are going to try hosting the occasional CTRA-style evenings of fun in the interim period, just to keep our foot in

Quote :edit: btw, the server-status-thread should´ve been updated

OOOPS!! LOL!! Fixed!
Quote from SamH :OMG! I thought it was just me that thought that! LOL! I've been sitting on my hands since Patch X was released, thinking to myself "am I the ONLY person who's shocked at all this!?" LOL! I figured if I said anything, people would just think it was arrogance, and trying to make out that the CTRA servers are better than anyone else. Honestly, I don't think that at all..

Your far from the only one Sam.
Give me the occasional crazy period on CTRA any day over the guaranteed mayhem every race on some of the the servers i've tried in the last couple of days.
If your starting from the back you can just wait 10 seconds and let half the field wreck themselves on the grid and T1, then start and find yourself in the top 5 out of 32 drivers before the end of lap 1.
Easiest way is to just start dead last and let the field sort itself out. You may lose a couple places in total but the experience will be much more enjoyable.
Quote from Viper93 :Easiest way is to just start dead last and let the field sort itself out. You may lose a couple places in total but the experience will be much more enjoyable.

Isn't that what i just said
I was LMAO the other evening spectating on a certain server at Aston National 5 times they restarted before they could navigate the first half a lap

Try jumping on the full servers just to spectate while taking 20 minutes out and I guarantee you won't believe what your seeing as mass grid pileups are common
Quote from SamH :... I figured if I said anything, people would just think it was arrogance, and trying to make out that the CTRA servers are better than anyone else. Honestly, I don't think that at all..

thats why i waited a few days before making this post (could´ve done
it 30min after patch x was released). but nothing changed, it wasn´t just
"a" bad experience.... i was on a couple of different servers and it was
always the same.

and i´m very relieved that i´m not the only one and that i´m not marked
as an arrogant "wannabe" (what i am, LOL).

it´s great to see the ctra community is a "brother in spirit" (no idea if
you know what i mean, its just the english-translation of a german saying).

@moose: i read somewhere you joined gentlefoods league. he´s a long time
mate of myself, as we were both driving in the owrl. so if you like driving
open-wheelers, i´d be glad to welcome you there!
it should be the biggest open-wheel-league in lfs (as far as i know).

www.owrl.de (international)

atm i´m done with the open-wheelers, but i´m still there as a race-marshall and moderator.
It's a jungle out there. Open the door and let me back in

Think I'll hang up my helmet for a while. It's not racing, it's more like a rugby match with no ball. Just a meaningless scramble. Oh, and those who moaned about the "sorry" with no meaning. Well, you won't even get the key press now. Funny, I don't remember it being as bad as this

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG