The online racing simulator
Hy ddo you now when is going to be DEMO race
Never?
It is easy to see into the licence points that you are playing with racer that are strongest than you. So I think when you race against racer better than you it is logical to let them ahead and to do your possible to respect there level.

In other words it sounds stupid to try to pass a better driver than you especially if after you become a slow down for him !.

Of course unfortunaletly some times even when trying to be as clean as possible, we makes some fault and apologies for that...

We all need to remenber that we love playing all together, so we should try to respect and play in peace !

I know that you are a great diver col , so all other people are going to know that too....

I love you phrase Moose :
Quote :
People need to calm down a little and just enjoy the racing without going all out with silly moves just to gain a couple of points imo.

Ps : sorry for my english, it looks like my driving ! I do my best but sometimes I fault !....
#29 - col
Quote from MikeBlue :...
I know that you are a great diver col , so all other people are going to know that too....

hehe, I really hope that was a typo
Quote from thisnameistaken :but in the "silver" ones you've got a metric shitload of FXO drivers who think they deserve to be infront even if they can't get there without driving like dickheads.

Quote from Gabkicks :yeah, alot of the FXO drivers are very willing to hit other cars to pass. I've never confronted any of them though. I think I've only reported 2 people since stcc-ctra has been around.

So, it was those pesky FXO drivers all along? I just knew it. I didn't have any proof but this has totally convinced me of their evil intent. Damn their supremacy.

Lets go round their houses and arrest them in the night. We could also burn their cars out while we're at it and then we won't have any more trouble from them. Races will be so clean now with just the totally fantastic XRT and RB4 drivers left. Can't wait
fxo's do cause alot of prolems tho. with the xrt and rb4 u can keep some very close racing but then u get the guy in the fxo who's faster down the straights yet they still seem to wanna ram you through bends......
Quote from AndroidXP :Uhm, I don't know if you posted this as a change suggestion, but the CTRA rules state otherwise.............

You are absolutely right...i've actually taken that rule from another league and another game completely :rolleyes:

Time for me to re-read the rules of CTRA and shut up then

I'll get my coat....................
Quote :hehe, I really hope that was a typo

Oh sorry Col yes it was a typo.... lol :ashamed:.
#34 - Jakg
Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :fxo's do cause alot of prolems tho. with the xrt and rb4 u can keep some very close racing but then u get the guy in the fxo who's faster down the straights yet they still seem to wanna ram you through bends......

isn't that more of the driver picking the fastest car than anything else though? i drive the FXO (because i love the looks and loved the sound) and love it, and i don't drive it "just to win" and i'd think i'm fairly good with it
Quote from AndroidXP :Uhm, I don't know if you posted this as a change suggestion, but the CTRA rules state otherwise:

those miss a very important point btw which especially needs some application on the new&bronze servers ... you only have the right to the line if you have significant overlap at turn in + (and this is the important bit) slowed down enough to have a remote chance of making the corner without using the other car to slow you down
#36 - SamH
Quote from Shotglass :slowed down enough to have a remote chance of making the corner without using the other car to slow you down

Absolutely, although I have been enforcing this rule arbitrarily since the year dot
#37 - col
Quote from Shotglass :those miss a very important point btw which especially needs some application on the new&bronze servers ... you only have the right to the line if you have significant overlap at turn in + (and this is the important bit) slowed down enough to have a remote chance of making the corner without using the other car to slow you down

Hehe, very good point... no good saying "But I had overlap at turn in point" if you were still hard on the throttle

regarding fxo drivers

The issue here is not related to good drivers - _usually_ they wait for a fair passing opportunity then speed off into the distance

Its the guys who are a 1.5 - 2.5 secs off fast fxo pace... so they are running at a similar pace to the better xrt drivers...
What often happens is the fxo guy is generally 'over driving', braking too late and losing time (even while alone) - so he thinks he can easily outbrake the other cars when in fact he is running a bad line and breaking rules of corner rights.... if he still manages to lose the corner, the superiority of the car helps him catch up for another go in the next lap until he makes one of his 'moves' stick (this often involves an 'accidental' tap).
What's this a recipé for ?
Stick a reasonably fast xrt behind two slower rb4s both battling for position, put an inexperienced but aggressive fxo driver behind the xrt mix well and add plenty of seasoning...
There are other problems... on some tracks, fxo can take lines that are not possible in xrt... so a less experienced driver may think the xrt in front has slid wide or is 'all out of shape' and barge through...
Yesterday I had someone tell me after a race that I pulled a nice 90º drift 'but don't do it again' - that had me scratching my head because during that race, I don't remember getting that badly out of shape at all (other than when I was tagged)... in the next race I realised that the line I was taking and the style required to get the most out of my setup meant that to a less experiences driver used to FWD cars it might have looked like I was show drifting at a couple of corners ... unfortunatley some drivers seem to think that an xrt at an angle has lost it and its ok to barge through.

cheers

Col
#38 - SamH
I'm fairly critical of people "drifting" in the CTRA servers, I must admit. Someone today was hanging his ass out around SO City. It wouldn't be an issue, except that it's a lot slower than racing and it interferes with other drivers. I watched 2 people lose positions, coming across someone with his arse swinging mid-corner today. They had nowhere to go, having committed to the corner before being confronted by the butt-wiggler in front of them.
I have to disagree there Sam. Come see me drive on SO with the RB4 and you'll see a lot of that. Slightly less on endurance races though as it tends to eat my tyres...
But I doubt you can just compare it like that. My style involves as much throttle/brake control (trailbraking) as steering input to point the car in/out of the corners.

Showdrifting is another story of course, although it might take time to separate the two.
#40 - SamH
The RB4 is a slightly different story, and in order to drive it competitively you have to be prepared to rely on a certain amount of 4w drift out of corners. I'm specifically referring to XRTs setting up slides as they enter a corner. It simply isn't as fast as maintaining grip, which is quite clearly underlined when the XRT is caught and collided with, in the middle of a corner by an RB4. If you're hanging your rear end so much that a hefty lump of an RB4 is catching right up to you in a corner, you're definitely hanging your rear end out too much.
Quote from Shotglass :those miss a very important point btw which especially needs some application on the new&bronze servers ... you only have the right to the line if you have significant overlap at turn in + (and this is the important bit) slowed down enough to have a remote chance of making the corner without using the other car to slow you down

How very true. I always felt that the overlap rule is unfair to the car in front, because you can get enough overlap by braking insanely late. Especially when it's FWD against RWD, because the FWD car gets out of a skid quicker than an RWD, and is easier to stabilise after a tap.

I think it needs to be stressed that when you take the inside line, it's your responsibility to keep that line through the turn. I've seen too much BTCC-style driving lately on Copper & Bronze.
#42 - col
Quote from teaz-R :I have to disagree there Sam. Come see me drive on SO with the RB4 and you'll see a lot of that. Slightly less on endurance races though as it tends to eat my tyres...

yep its the city courses, reverse particularly... more than one of the corners are fast in xrt if you use four wheel drift... often its as much about exiting with a better angle alowing earlier accelleration... I wouldn't do it if it was slow
I do it a little, but I watched Moose a while ago getting some really fast laps in with the tail hangin' loose
Quote from wsinda :I think it needs to be stressed that when you take the inside line, it's your responsibility to keep that line through the turn.

well yes and no
if every driver would take a perfect inside line youd never have a chance to switchback
so id put it differently and say that its the overtakers responsibility to make sure he can apex the corner one way or another

Quote :I've seen too much BTCC-style driving lately on Copper & Bronze.

what the hell is wrong with these guys ? and thats just part 1/3
Quote from Shotglass :what the hell is wrong with these guys ? and thats just part 1/3

They're just goddamn wreckers
#45 - Tomi
Quote from Shotglass :what the hell is wrong with these guys ? and thats just part 1/3

Nothing. They're human.

1. They are paid to win
2. The cars performances are very close
3. These cars have way too much grip compared to the speed in the straight

Result : drivers can't just win because of their talent, because there are few passing opportunities (braking zones are too short, like in Formula 1). They are paid to win, so they don't give a damn about being fair. It is a bit like war : kill or be killed, the rules are simple.

Give them good old Ford Sierra RS500 and you will see them fight normally again, because the fastest drivers would make the difference.
Still wsinda is right about the driving style on bronze servers. I understand copper and bronze servers are for more unexperienced racers compared to the other servers. I am a newbie myself, so I do my mistakes, but when you add to mistakes some very aggressive driving and disrespect of rules and education all you have is a perfect recipe for mayhem.
To add something more, I will no longer try to talk to racers when they do something wrong because simply it doesn't work. Straight to the report site: no cheap excuses to buy, and some judgement better than mine at work.
#47 - col
Quote from Tomi :Nothing. They're human.

1. They are paid to win
2. The cars performances are very close
3. These cars have way too much grip compared to the speed in the straight

Result : drivers can't just win because of their talent, because there are few passing opportunities (braking zones are too short, like in Formula 1). They are paid to win, so they don't give a damn about being fair. It is a bit like war : kill or be killed, the rules are simple.

Give them good old Ford Sierra RS500 and you will see them fight normally again, because the fastest drivers would make the difference.

In reality, they will do what they can get away with - just like CTRA servers.... I guess with BTCC, the organizers feel that plenty of 'action' crashes aggression etc. is what the 'punters' come to see, so they will take a more relaxed view of over aggressive driving.
If the paying public wanted to see fair racing and less crazy idiot driving, then things would change damn quick after a few drivers lost their licences!
Quote from col :but I watched Moose a while ago getting some really fast laps in with the tail hangin' loose

Are you calling me a driftor?

I know what your talking about, a certain section at so4r/so5r where if your taking it as fast as you should in the XRT the back end just steps out naturally and slides all the way.

I never drift on purpose unless I'm playing RBR
Happy to see the problem is going to get some more attention. Was just coming here to right a post about this.

I too have found impossible to race anymore in the Silver license server.

I think there are two problems, one is the fxos, which is going to get fixed in the new patch with the new balance system, yaaay! As said previously the problem is people that aren't good enough, and pass you aggressively, crash, repass you aggressively etc...

The other problem is that as Ctra gets older, the more people advance in the Silver category, even if they aren't good and clean. Even if you always end up last, you will eventually get your license. The solution would maybe be a change in the points system? Reward much less drivers in the end, and more the drivers in the front?

As for reports not getting through, I've sent two reports too with no answers. One of them was a person that disregarded a Blue flag for 2-3 laps, obviously slower but still blocking, then when apprehended was told to shove the blue flag up my **s. Unacceptable behaviour for a supposed pro server. These people should never ever ever have been able to get passed a copper license.

I appreciate the effort you are doing towards cleaner servers! Thanks
Quote :Even if you always end up last, you will eventually get your license. The solution would maybe be a change in the points system? Reward much less drivers in the end, and more the drivers in the front?

This is actually a common misconception, I hear it quite a lot - I also hear people saying "I got no points, wtf?". The points may not be perfect, but they do take this into consideration.

Anyone on the silver servers has earned a place there on performance.

What the system cannot do is detect clean drivers. It does however track some stats that may be considered when reports are evaluated - but it makes no automated decisions on driver cleanliness. That's all dealt with by reports.

I gather in the last week there was a problem with the email system on the UKCT server which may have resulted in reports being lost - but as i'm not that involved in the running of the servers any more I dont have much information to impart on that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG