The online racing simulator
Birds!
(58 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Should there be birds in LFS?

Yes.
Will a double barrel shotgun be available?
Only if there is a Squirrel Addon pack.
Only if it includes flock behavior.
Not yet, but yes in a week or so should be enough time.
Birds!
an thing what came in my mind while playing TDU.
add birds!
right now the scene is pretty dead, the only things that does move are flags and cars.
add some birds flying around, sitting on houses, rails or else.
imo it would be nice
Yes, I often find myself driving around thinking "where are all the sodding birds?"

Quote from [RCG]Boosted :add some birds flying around, sitting on houses, rails or else.

What - you gonna start a fight or somethin'?
I don't like birds smashing on front window.
Add active wimpers then.
eyecandy stuff for S3...

but why not.

What about cats running across the street?
LOL, aslong as any of you don't hit my cousins!!!!!!!!
Quote from Anathema :eyecandy stuff for S3...

but why not.

What about cats running across the street?

id like to burnout on a black one :ambulance

Like in Rally Trophy .. Cow ahead!!!
#8 - wark
I honestly can't recall seeing a single bird flying while I was driving... a bat once or twice, but never a bird. :bat:
Just wait for a decent aero-physics patch. You don't want birds flying arcadey, aren't you

I'm not cleaning bird poop off my FZ5 every 5minutes
How about the odd streaker, rabbit or stray dog to liven things up!
Well one driver at Bathurst 1000 hit a Kangaroo at 160km/hr in recent histroy so dodging wildlife has to be in a Sim
Sod birds. Like you'll be able to see them when racing.

What would be cool: dynamic spectators that move around the track.
Quote from Bob Smith :Sod birds. Like you'll be able to see them when racing.

sure i would
but its not only about that, like i said the scene is pretty dead right now and surely that would make the whole scenery more interesting/nicer.
Quote from Anathema :What about cats running across the street?

Yes. I´d very much like to run over cats.
Quote :Yes, I often find myself driving around thinking "where are all the sodding birds?"

If that was sarcastic, then I'm quite embarrassed, because I sometimes think the same thing.
Quote from Glenn67 :Well one driver at Bathurst 1000 hit a Kangaroo at 160km/hr in recent histroy so dodging wildlife has to be in a Sim

BAAAAAHAHAHAHA and OH MAN did that thing fly!! LOL
I remember it like it was yesterday
Quote from Bob Smith :Sod birds. Like you'll be able to see them when racing.

depends on the birds,, if the devs tweked the aero a bit then maybe we could get osteriches flying, you'd sure notice those, especially if a lump of their mess landed on your windscreen
Flies splatting on the windscreen could be fun!
Maybe just put Bird sounds in the wind wav would be fine (on a low volume..)
i tried a number of ideas, i extended the original wind file (WindExternal.wav) using sound recorder, then mixed in some ambient bird noise. It works quite well, but only if you use recordings of a flock of birds, otherwise it sounds as if one bird is following you all around the track lol

The original wav file cant be much longer than about 16 seconds though, so you cant use anything that will be obviously repetitive. I used the sound of a flock of swifts
cool. Hopefully that helps... I am a birdwatcher myself...
Birds prefer quiet county trees and bushes, not noisy smelly race tracks. Maybe the odd crow jumping down to nibble off some piece of roadkill before the cars come round for the next lap...that would really complete my entire on-line racing experience. Watch the sicko's swerving off the racing line to clip the crow. Reminds me of Half Life 2 where you can go round wasting your bullets on the crows and the seagulls.
This thread is closed

Birds!
(58 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG