The online racing simulator
how do people get real looking people in there car?
how do they???
Wow, alot of people sure are asking for this hack lately!
Quote from mutt107 :i dont hack.

Eh..this is nothing illegal. Not "hacking" with this meaning. Its ugly, but not illegal.
#6 - Ian.H

Hacking (can be): quick solution to a problem.

The app just makes a quick edit to your player profile (.PLY file) to obtain the plain clothes drivers. This sort of edit I class as 'hacking' hence the name of the app.

Hacking is _not_ what the media would have you believe

Nathan: I think the Caribbean Cruise etc servers are a big reason for the seemingly "constant flow" of requests (and downloads) as obviously it'll suit those servers pretty well

Regards,

Ian
#7 - SamH
Frankly, I'd like to be able to force the plain clothing option off on our servers. There is absolutely nothing more stupid-looking than someone driving in a 30+ car race with a bald head, a beard, and no helmet. It just cheapens the place up. Nahh I mean it.
Quote from mutt107 :how do they???

Wow, you could ask for permision for using my self made avatar..
Quote from SamH :Frankly, I'd like to be able to force the plain clothing option off on our servers. There is absolutely nothing more stupid-looking than someone driving in a 30+ car race with a bald head, a beard, and no helmet. It just cheapens the place up. Nahh I mean it.

Has idea during next team meeting...
Quote from Ian.H :Nathan: I think the Caribbean Cruise etc servers are a big reason for the seemingly "constant flow" of requests (and downloads) as obviously it'll suit those servers pretty well

Regards,

Ian

Yes i know. Its just i have seen about 4 threads requesting it in about the space of one day!

Actually, one question about this. My player has the racing suit but does'nt ave gloves, instead i downloaded gloves which have made them look like high-res hands. MY question is, will you ever update this hack? im not to bothered about the body being updated, i just want the hands to be updated, there a little "jagged"

Still a great app though

Frenchy
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Actually, one question about this. My player has the racing suit but does'nt ave gloves, instead i downloaded gloves which have made them look like high-res hands. MY question is, will you ever update this hack? im not to bothered about the body being updated, i just want the hands to be updated, there a little "jagged"

LFS would have to be altered itself.

The model is actually already within LFS, it's not inserted by Ian's tool. Any modification would cause LFS to (J)OOS.

All Ian's tool does is to set the bit within the player file to a setting that isn't available in the GUI.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :..MY question is, will you ever update this hack? im not to bothered about the body being updated, i just want the hands to be updated, there a little "jagged"

Hey Frenchy. I doubt Ian H. can modify them...
Quote from R1K89 :.....
Oh and if you are wondering where these models are comming from? They are all ingame , just have a good look around @ the tracks in LFS and at some places the models are located. (for example at autocross, at the skidpad)

Until the LFS devs change them - I reckon they will stay low res....

edit: Angry Angel was too quick...
Attached images
lfs_00000921.JPG
Quote from the_angry_angel :LFS would have to be altered itself.

The model is actually already within LFS, it's not inserted by Ian's tool. Any modification would cause LFS to (J)OOS.

All Ian's tool does is to set the bit within the player file to a setting that isn't available in the GUI.

Oh that is a shame

Oh well, i'll stick with my F1 honda suit

Frenchy
Quote from SamH :Frankly, I'd like to be able to force the plain clothing option off on our servers. There is absolutely nothing more stupid-looking than someone driving in a 30+ car race with a bald head, a beard, and no helmet. It just cheapens the place up. Nahh I mean it.

And I'd like to ban all stupid skins with text the wrong way on one side of the car........................

Dude... it's a G A M E... c'mon, say it with me.... G A M E... see, not so hard :rolleyes:

You want real, buy a ticket to a track day where people will be wearing the proper attire.

I really don't understand how people can get so worked up about it. Having a dude without a race suit is no less immersive than a car on a trip to the moon from a 5mph shunt. Just get over it :rolleyes:

Ian
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Oh that is a shame

Oh well, i'll stick with my F1 honda suit

Frenchy

Yeah there's a few glitches when using a "custom driver" like this.. lower poly and the model doesn't look right at some points when steering. I _think_ the civilian clothed dudes were from an early pre-s1(?) version originally but have been left in the game. The game settings allow from choices 1-6 for arguments sake.. LPH will allow you to pick 0 and 7-20 or whatever the range is.

All LPH really is is a very basic hex editor that only works on changing 1 byte

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :And I'd like to ban all stupid skins with text the wrong way on one side of the car........................

Dude... it's a G A M E... c'mon, say it with me.... G A M E... see, not so hard :rolleyes:

You want real, buy a ticket to a track day where people will be wearing the proper attire.

I really don't understand how people can get so worked up about it. Having a dude without a race suit is no less immersive than a car on a trip to the moon from a 5mph shunt. Just get over it :rolleyes:

Ian

ditto.

Personally, I'd like to be able to change my driver's uniform/appearance to something else, I think every part of the car and driver ought to be skinnable. What business is it of anyone else's If I wanna have a... a... an Elvis Presley driver with a red velvet dash? I don't understand why alot of people want to limit the true potential of online racing by trying to imitate something that's just not possible. And on that realism kick, just where is the line drawn on something like that? I mean would a fantasy car skin that "looked" realistic be acceptable? And just how realistic would racing UF1s on the oval be??? LOL Just what does a paint job for a real life RB-4 race car look like?
You know one of my favorites skins I seen done for a LFS car didn't look at all like a race car. It was a skin of a Pontiac Trans Am that fit on a GT/GTT (XRT?) car. I don't remember who made that one, but it really was cool.

If someone really wants a race with all the limitations of a real race, then they should form a league where that's in the rules. And on the concours or skin requirements that the skin should be done to scale with numbers meeting certain size requirements and the placement of decals regulated.
and of the driver uniform as well. As I imagine race teams would like to have race uniforms that set them apart from the other teams.
@sam - When I had a bronze license, I was actually working on a gti skin that was to look like a weekend racer with fictitious local sponsors. Not that i thought that view should be forced upon others, but I thought that with only a copper license, no one like Mc Donald's or Virgin would wanna sponsor your car, so I thought the car skin should reflect on that.

That's IT!!! I wanna be able to have a gorilla skin and use it for the UF-1 convertible... a Gorilla with a beanie... racing against the Beatles (all four in one car) and Darth Vader in a car sponsored by PETA. OK maybe not that far gone, but hey.....

You know, I really don't like seeing someone's car skin with the text backwards on one side either.
Without a helmet in a racing server I feel naked, not to mention feel silly. So I put it back on. Not that hard. Just a click to change players and the helmet is back on. Ready to race. I can understand where SamH is comming from. Safety first ladies and gentlemen. Don your helmets when racing. Someone flying by in a BF1 with no helmet...looks kinda dumb.

I do use the Player Hack - where appropriate. Like cruise and carpark type servers.

i love this sort of reaction When people ask me how i get this player model i always fear to say: "look at google.com for lfs player hacker" because some people really think its something illegal which this word usually implies.

Besides, i also dont understand why people care/moan about other peoples player model.

Quote from Ian.H :And I'd like to ban all stupid skins with text the wrong way on one side of the car........................

Dude... it's a G A M E... c'mon, say it with me.... G A M E... see, not so hard

I really don't understand how people can get so worked up about it. Having a dude without a race suit is no less immersive than a car on a trip to the moon from a 5mph shunt. Just get over it

Ian

+1

Wrong. Nothing looks more stupid then someone driving in a UF1 with a helmet. As far as I can see most people that are using lfs now are cruisin on LTC and others. No helmets needed there. As long as you stay away from the white/red barriers.

But your right with the beard. Having a clean shave before the race can improve your laptimes because of the better aerodynamic.
#20 - Jakg
Nothing looks more stupid than someone driving on the road in a crappy Mini with a helmet, except maybe someone trying to drive competitively on a track without wearing a helmet.

Does it not look SLIGHTLY odd on your server that guys are breaking 210 MPH without wearing ANY sort of protection besides a T-Shirt and a dodgy haircut?
As long as you brake the virtual 210 mph... nope!

I agree, it just looks stupid. The most ridiculous instance of this I found while watching a oval race replay and the BF1 drivers had no helmet.
#23 - SamH
It's implemented in the CTRA X-System, btw Scrutineering has arrived.. the CTRA is T-shirt-free
So what happens if somebody does join? Do they get kicked or warned?

DK
#25 - SamH
If someone leaves the pit without putting on their helmet, they get spectated immediately, with a short explanation of what's wrong.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG