The online racing simulator
XP Pro 64 and LFS
(14 posts, started )
XP Pro 64 and LFS
Building a new computer that will be running XP Pro 64, will I have any issues running LFS with this OS?
Shouldn't do, I use the exact same OS no probs at all.

Good luck with the build
if u need tips on the build, contact me on msn, if u dont have it, pm, i olso need tips for my build
I've heard of lots of people having problems with XP-64. I personally don't see any point to it. As far as I know, there is no performance improvement.
You wont encounter any problems, I had it running on my computer for a while and the only problems I had were getting RAID drivers working
I run a Athlon 64 X2 dual core PC with dual boot win64 pro and winXP I found exactly the same as mentioned above (probs with raid drivers & little or no performance gains over XP) I very rarely even bother booting into the 64 version, for me it was a total waste of money.

SD.
same here ... unless you want to use more than 3 gigs of ram and without having to use vista i wouldnt bother with the driver monster that xp64 is
Quote from Shotglass :same here ... unless you want to use more than 3 gigs of ram and without having to use vista i wouldnt bother with the driver monster that xp64 is

That is basically my reasoning for switching to the x64, wanted to be able to run 4 gigs. Thanks to all for the feedback.

@kiss me: You were asking for tips for your build, I am by no means an expert (have built a few systems for myself, but that is the extent of it and am also partial to AMD). But PM me anytime if you think I could be of some help to ya, will give it my best shot.
#9 - RaDuS
lol
I was running XP64 prof and the only problem I had was that the centerspring of my DFP wasn't working properly.

CU,BlasteR

P.S. The drivers for Logitech-wheels are still beta-Status under XP64.And it's useless to ask Logitech if there will be a new driver in the near future!
#11 - FRED
Windows xp pro x64 (service pack 2)
amd 4600 x2
2 gig of memory
2x 7950 GT in Sli

im using a DFP and my old ms sidewinder wheel(for clutch) and have never encountered a problem whilst running LFS
XP64 SP2 and G25 here, no problems whatsoever. You just need to search internet for 64bit drivers for your hardware.
When I sarted playing LFS I was having real problems with ramdom disconections in XP64bits. LFS worked fine, but I couldnt play "safe" online. Since then I always have a XP32bit partition for games (some other games wont work in 64bits at all). Maybe tonight I`ll try again and see if I can stay in a server for a complete race since people here is having no problems That way I dont have to switch to 32bit mode everytime I want to play online (not too often if you ask me )

BTW I use XP64bits for memory advantages at work.
DO NOT buy x64.

I bought it and had compatibility issues. I had problems with, my webcam, printer, AVG, Samsung phone thingy, etc.

I had to pay £100 for XP Pro.

Just buy XP Pro mate, there is no huge difference that I could see.

--EDIT--

When I say problems, I dont mean a few isssues. I means I couldn't install them full stop.

XP Pro 64 and LFS
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG