The online racing simulator
Maybe you should change the name of this thread to:

"How some "seasoned" players can stuff their heads into their arse"

Newbies are newbies there is nothing you can do about it. So stop your whining and go play LfS. Do it off-line so the "noobs" can't harass you!

If one does NOT know how to drive then how are they supposed to learn if they can't go online? Against the AI? Give me a break! You can't learn how to race against people with the AI, in the state it is now. It's like racing against a train.

If you have no idea of the line you should take then the easiest way to get this knowledge is to go online. Yes you could watch replays but not many newbies know how.

Maybe nextime I have someone flashing me the BLUE FLAG bullshit I will slam on my brakes when he is a few meters from my rear...

"What you mean I crashed you? I only braked to let you pass."
Right on, Brother!
Racing for folks who don't want newbie's in their midst..
Why not just set up an agreement with a code and a password which only invited racers will be told of. Surely this will give you the racing environment you want rather going on the free and open trackers via the Multiplayer list.
I've got one where I race head to head with a friend - we agree after speaking on SKYpe which one of us will be the host and then bingo, we're all set up in a minute to race.
Then the rough and ready newbies and demo racers can drive how they will and everyone's happy.
Quote :Why not just set up an agreement with a code and a password which only invited racers will be told of. Surely this will give you the racing environment you want rather going on the free and open trackers via the Multiplayer list.

Didn't we have this back in the day? CRC kinda died, though. I remember it was all good for a while...
#80 - Jakg
Quote from peejayh :Why not just set up an agreement with a code and a password which only invited racers will be told of. Surely this will give you the racing environment you want rather going on the free and open trackers via the Multiplayer list.
I've got one where I race head to head with a friend - we agree after speaking on SKYpe which one of us will be the host and then bingo, we're all set up in a minute to race.
Then the rough and ready newbies and demo racers can drive how they will and everyone's happy.

CTRA severs?
*sigh* This thread hs gone way away from the original premise. Quit bashing noobs and newbies. There's nothing you can do except

a) help them, in which case they will rave to everyone about how good LFS is and keep racing, becoming members of the community

OR

b) keep on as you are, the noobs/newbies will get disillusioned, and leave LFS and tell everyone how bad it is and how unfriendly the players are (sort of like CS)

Ball's in your court S2 racers.

DK

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG