The online racing simulator
Is there a replay Program to rewind or fast forward?
I guess I'm sick of sitting here watching replays for some time to get what I want and after sitting there for 20mins and have gotten maybe 10-20 of footage it gets annoying and even when you miss the footage you wanted, so now you have to restart the replay. Is there a program thats rewinds and fast fordward the replay, we have a pause button why not rewind and fast fordward? Let me know if there is something out there. Thanks- Mike
#2 - Jakg
No way to rewind, but you can speed them up by pressin F2 or F3
Sweet, I'll try it out.
#4 - Renku
Quote from TypeRCivic :Am I going to use it everytime I want to make a POST!!!!! NOPE

You should do if you want to make a new thread. Its common sense.
Quote from TypeRCivic :Am I going to use it everytime I want to make a POST!!!!! NOPE

Well actually, you should. Every time you have a question or a suggestion you should search first. Not only is that common sense, but it is also common courtesy and I believe it is part of the rules; which you were supposed to read upon joining.
Quote from MAGGOT :Well actually, you should. Every time you have a question or a suggestion you should search first. Not only is that common sense, but it is also common courtesy and I believe it is part of the rules; which you were supposed to read upon joining.

Rules?!?! There are rules here? Anyone has a link to the rules?
Well, actually it's not in the rules, but it's common sense, really.
#11 - joen

What's the trouble of using the search? Are you that lazy?
Quote from MAGGOT :Well actually, you should. Every time you have a question or a suggestion you should search first. Not only is that common sense, but it is also common courtesy and I believe it is part of the rules; which you were supposed to read upon joining.

Not to mention how dull it gets when repeating the same stuff over and over again.
Quote from r4ptor :Not to mention how dull it gets when repeating the same stuff over and over again.

and how quickly you can piss everyone off if you dont use the search either, especially when there are more than 10 threads on the exact same topic
Plus, you can usually find your answer quicker that way, rather than waiting for someone to reply to you.
#15 - MR_B
By seeing that there's quite a few posts about this issue. Surely it's seen as quite a large priority?!

I would actually pay hard cash to be able to rewind the replays! I have to sit there for hours on end watching replays over and over to ensure that I don't miss an incident.
Oh well, a true rewind will never be possible, as you cannot let the physics run reversed. However, a keyframe like system, so you can jump back and forth between each lap/split should be doable, though I understand that this is probably not top priority on Scawen's todo list.
That's an interesting idea, Android. Throw it up in the Improvement Suggestions and hopefully it'll get implemented. I'd love such a feature.
No, I won't throw it up in the improvement suggestions forum, simply because I would get rightfully flamed for not using search. You know, I can even remember multiple threads with this suggestion, and I posted in these threads, too
Haha, alright I hadn't seen it before (and since I wasn't the one to be posting it it's not my responsibility to search. :P hehehe)

If you can't be bothered searching, should anyone bother replying? The community isn't your own personal google assistant.
#21 - MR_B
That's a matter of opinion :P
In January, I just bought a new car (small SUV actually, it's a Mazda Tribute). So, of course I like to know everything about this vehicle I just bought. I found an excellent forum on the Ford Escape, since it is the exact same vehicle with some minor cosmetic changes. You know what I did? I browsed and read through the majority of the forum! It's not like this vehicle is brand new to the automotive scene just like LFS is not brand new to the sim racing scene. I imagine that any question I had with my Tribute was already asked and answered since the vehicle has been in production for at least 7 years now.

When I found LFS, I wanted to know about it. I found LFS 2 years into it's production. I read through the majority of the LFS section on the RSC forum back then. It eliminated many stupid questions I may have had and any suggestions that I may have thought of that were already thought of in the previous 2 years LFS has been around.

Last year, I took my daughter to an RC airfield. I got a bit hooked on RC planes and wanted to buy one. I searched the net and found RCGroups forum, all about RC flying. I read that forum as well. You wouldn't believe the amount of new threads produced there daily asking the same thing. "I'm new to RC, what is the best beginner airplane?" All you have to do is open your eyes, there are at least 5 of these question threads popping up daily. You would think that on a forum that has been around for years, that someone new would have asked that question before.

I never asked a single question on that RC forum. My first post was "I just bought my first Aerobird Challenger thanks to the informative posts by Aeajr and others that I found when I searched the forum...." After some talk about the airplane and some folks volunteering info without me asking, I was also praised for not starting a "what plane should I get" thread. I read the forum, saw a large selection of recommended planes, narrowed it down to a few, searched the forum further for info on my selection and chose the plane I bought. I am not disappointed with the one I chose to begin flying RC from searching the forum all on my own. I now know exactly what plane I am planning on getting as my aileron trainer plane from, again, reading the RC forum. "What is good as a 2nd plane?" is the 2nd most common question posted there and I don't have to ask because I searched all on my own without anyone holding my hand and guiding me around. It's really very simple.

The constant repeating of suggestions and questions on forums drives me and others up a wall with the laziness that folks have today on the internet.
#23 - sbeu
at least...
Quote from AndroidXP :Oh well, a true rewind will never be possible, as you cannot let the physics run reversed. However, a keyframe like system, so you can jump back and forth between each lap/split should be doable, though I understand that this is probably not top priority on Scawen's todo list.

He has said some time ago that he is working on it, so my guess is, it may come with the next official incompatible test patch
As a layman (ie knows nothing and will gladly admit it lol) cant this be done by simply retracing the cars position on the track? if you already know where a cars been surely you could reposition the car at any point where it was.

Like I said, I dont know anything so please dont flame me lol.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG