The online racing simulator
Don't normally like Porsche's, but ohhh mumma....
Yeah I saw this a couple days ago... quite nice

But I'd still put my money towards this car :faint:

Gemballa Mirage GT
Nice, but a bit........obvious, the RUF CTR3 is a little more understated
#4 - AndyC
I'm not that keen on any Porsche really because they just don't have anything that makes you go WOW. They don't sound impressive when going around town (unlike a Ferrari for example) and they don't look like anything differnt/special (like a lambo) and if I was going to be spending that much on a car I would want people to notice.

However that RUF is really nice. The back-end is really nice much more suitable to that type of car.

BTW I saw a Ariel Atom on the road yesterday, it's really suited to the track. It just looks so out of place on the road, especially when the guy is going down a cobbled road and his head is bouncing like a nodding dog!

Andy.
#5 - Woz
Hold on, whats going on here. No new design on their cars for 20 years and now they go mad. Has the company been taken over?

The back end looks great, front still has too much of the 911 look in it.

Best looking porker in a long long time though.
#6 - AndyC
RUF is a company which takes the chasis of a Porsche but then builds the rest from scratch, well mostly I think.

I must say it far better looking then any standard Porsche.
RUF will kill you if you call it a porsche, most of their cars bear a resemblance to their porsche underpinnings, but the vast majority of the oily bits are RUFs own, and in the case of this CTR3, the body is too.
Dunno. A porsche (or RUF) with a Lotus Exige type back just doesn't appeal to me
RUF went for a sequential box. If that is as crap as the one Sabine had in her Porsche on the ring (vs the Caterham) that would be enough for me not to buy this one! (err )
#11 - S0ul
All I can say is....Thats one ugly ass
The first CTR

Was an outrageous car. 470hp, twin turbo, 1150kg, somewhat 'oversteery' if you wanted... That in 1987 where it in some ways outperformed and matched track pace of a F40.

It looks understated, just a 911 really.. but man was it incredibly insane at the time.

Since then, cars have gotten more outrageous and there isn't as much to improve / make more insane about todays top models. The point of RUF / AMG etc is just not as obvious as it was in the old days. Porsche has that new orange GT3 (?) which is sublime.. They have the Carrera GT which probably can't be improved..
Attached images
ruf_ctr-4.jpg
Ugly... that new "Porsche" I mean
I love the RUF RK Coupe

mr period cries at the sight of that topic

and omfg is ugly
Quote from ColeusRattus :Dunno. A porsche (or RUF) with a Lotus Exige type back just doesn't appeal to me

I see nothing at all that looks like an Exige in the CTR 3

I quite like this, actually. This is bound to be one of those 'love it or hate it' designs. I'm on the former end of it, I think it's beautiful.
Shame the front doesn't match the rear, from behind it looks like a beast...the front looks like a cheap Boxster.
KKK supercharged.

It looks ok in a novel way, like the Dodge Viper did when it came out. That hood on the back, though, has a reflectivity that looks a little cheap. The difference with the rest of the bodywork makes it look improvised.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG