The online racing simulator
Telemetry in a laptop
(123 posts, started )
struct IS_PIT // PIT stop (stop at pit garage)
{
char PIT [4];

word LapsDone; // laps completed
word Flags; // player flags
byte Penalty; // current penalty value (see below)
byte NumStops; // number of pit stops
byte Sp2;
byte Sp3;

byte Tyres [4]; // tyres changed

unsigned Work; // pit work (see below)
unsigned Spare;

byte PlyNum; // player's number
byte UniqueId; // player's unique id
word VerifyId;
};

Pit work flags
--------------
PSE_NOTHING 1
PSE_STOP 2
PSE_FR_DAM 4
PSE_FR_WHL 8
PSE_LE_FR_DAM etc...
PSE_LE_FR_WHL
PSE_RI_FR_DAM
PSE_RI_FR_WHL
PSE_RE_DAM
PSE_RE_WHL
PSE_LE_RE_DAM
PSE_LE_RE_WHL
PSE_RI_RE_DAM
PSE_RI_RE_WHL
PSE_BODY_MINOR
PSE_BODY_MAJOR
PSE_SETUP
PSE_REFUEL

Pit lane facts
--------------
PITLANE_EXIT 0 // left pit lane
PITLANE_ENTER 1 // entered pit lane
PITLANE_NO_PURPOSE 2 // entered for no purpose
PITLANE_DT 3 // entered for drive-through
PITLANE_SG 4 // entered for stop-go
he thanks that program is great and after learning in english how to do it it made it great

now has anyone does something like this in english because i would love it if they had.............. that was so easy to do
I wrote new one but now ther is a totaly nw InSim Version.
So i will wait until InSim ist finfished and than we will see.
Quote from DeXteRrBDN :is your "something like that. But never brought it to an end" easy convertible to PDA compatible ?
[...]

I am currently "working" on an Insim / Outgauge App for my Windows Mobile 2003 and Windows Mobile 5.0 PDA. But Progress is really slow, because I have not much time. With Luck I can code the Application once a week for a few hours. And since I am learning programming while writing this Application I am really very slow. But I want to finish it... first I have to adapt it to the new Insim Version :-/
Quote from buedi :I am currently "working" on an Insim / Outgauge App for my Windows Mobile 2003 and Windows Mobile 5.0 PDA. But Progress is really slow, because I have not much time. With Luck I can code the Application once a week for a few hours. And since I am learning programming while writing this Application I am really very slow. But I want to finish it... first I have to adapt it to the new Insim Version :-/

And do you think you could release your early code ? So we could have a base to start with!

I'm really intereseted in!

That's sounds good...
Joining forces maybe we can develop so fast.
What about to open a Source forge project?
oh, yeah, i think an open source prog is a good solution and i would try to spent time to help developing some tool like that

it's so much needed for the leagues!!
Sorry for being so quiet. But I had a lot of work and was reworking my Homepage too. And since there where many changes announced in the Insim Protocol I decided to stop Developing until Patch X is released. As we can expect Patch X tomorrow I think I will start developing again and rework my whole Sourcecode until it works again.

Progress was slow but fine so far. I got a Outgauge App running on my Windows Mobile 5.0 PDA over WLAN. I am still learning because I never was a programmer, but it´s a challenge for me. When my Code is working again and I get something to show I will, that´s for sure! And when i think the Basics are working I will post the Sources here because I am sure there are a lot of People out there who KNOW how to code and could make things much better than me. But until now it´s a challenge for me to get it running.
And don´t expect a Killer App and be gentle to me when I release something and the Sources look like they where done by a 5 year old
It´s the 1st time I am trying to programm an Application.

Maybe you ask why I use it over WLAN. When using Activesync you can´t use UDP. And since UDP was the only Choice in LFS <= W I had to do it this way. And I can tell you, debugging is not funny this way! Since there is a Patch X which features TCP as well it should work with ActiveSync / your Cradle too if I can implement TCP. But without a cable it could be possible to fix your PDA to the Wheel like a real LCD in a Racecar... I think I should try this
Good luck with this, looking forward to putting my laptop or my PDA to some good use.
Is there any way you can make it so you can see the times (gap between) the car in front and the car behind, this would be useful. And can you make the Rev counter work better with the F1 car.
when i run lfs on my pc and the app on my laptop, i get this in lfs:insiminit: port 50
and
insim: packet recieved before isi packet

what to do?
all the settings r correct
Do you have set a password in LFS.
Ever tried to host a game from your local PC.
If so...remove it.
Quote from riskredruM :Do you have set a password in LFS.
Ever tried to host a game from your local PC.
If so...remove it.

the prog works if i run it on the same pc lfs runs at, eerr, do i have to host a game to do it over ip?
even with server etc, lfs sees the program, but the program cant connect with lfs :s
I did a mini app to work with PocketPC, but I was trying to use LFSLib.dll, and it won't work in a Compact Framework.

Anyonw knows how to "convert" LFSLib.dll into a Compact Framework? So it can work with a PDA.
Quote from DeXteRrBDN :Anyonw knows how to "convert" LFSLib.dll into a Compact Framework? So it can work with a PDA.

I think you have to do it like I do it currently with the VB.NET 2005 Code I found in another thread. Get the Sources and find different Approaches for all Functions in the Code which are not working with the Compact Framework.

The Compact Framework has not the same functionality as the .NET Framework on the PC. So you sometimes have to do a bit more complicated programming than when using the .NET Framework on the PC.

I got it nearly all converted until Insim Changed. And now I am working on adapting all to Patch X. But it´s no DLL. It´s just Sourcecode on which someone can build his own App then.

Please don´t ask when it´s finished. I am working on it, but my Programming Skills are limited and I have not much time. But I think I will get the Basics it working soon (hope so) :->
#41 - Jakg
Quote from JamesK :There's a couple of 'seperate screen dashboards' which will show relevant data on a second display

could you link me too some of these please?
#42 - Jakg
Quote from riskredruM :Ok …
Let’s give it a try ….
Send Port: 29999
Password: nothing
Recv Port: 50
Abweichende IP: The IP of the network PC where LFS is running. Nothing means 127.0.0.1 à Your PC

If you want to run it in Network first of all you have to open your cfg.txt.
At the end you will find this:

OutSim Mode 2 Replay and Multiplayer
OutSim Delay 1 Packets are sent every 1ms
OutSim IP 127.0.0.1 there you have to write the IP of the PC the tool is running
OutSim Port 50 ok
OutSim ID 0 if you want to control more than one LFS

OutGauge Mode 2 same as for OutSim
OutGauge Delay 10
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 50
OutGauge ID 0

After done this you can start LFS. In LFS you have to open Chat (T) and write “/insim 29999”.
You also can edit your LFS Link with “/insim=29999”.
Then start the tool on other PC. Fill the Text fields and click on connect.
The LFS Version has to be shown in Status bar. Then you are connected. Port for Firewall is 50.
Remember to mark “Informationen abrufen” and click on “Racetracker starten”.
Click the Button “Analoganzeigen” and see what will happen.

It´s not perfect but it was my first try.

i tried this and all i get is "InSim : first byte in packet does not match size" - i was using W39, does it not work with the new InSim?
Quote from Jakg :i tried this and all i get is "InSim : first byte in packet does not match size" - i was using W39, does it not work with the new InSim?

only works with W
it doesnt work with W39, tried it to
got it to work!!
with W
i can play lfs and the app runs on my laptop and recieves the info! now lets set up wired network so it goes smoother
#44 - Jakg
Ah - do you have any estimation (or plans!) on when it will be compatible with the new InSim?
since i know how the prog kinda works, for setting up...
any1 who needs help setting up, ask me, just pm
#46 - Jakg
can it really be that hard to set up?
Quote from kiss me :only works with W
it doesnt work with W39, tried it to
got it to work!!

Working on it for new InSim

At the Moment everything is shown in LFS directly. Later i will build a Form to show it in other PS´s.
#48 - Jakg
Well it's a very nice app, just a shame that without current LFS version support (X) it's useless to me - lets just hope you screw a "social life" and code till your fingers bleed
lol,
it isnt hard to set up, but like dumb me, your firewall could be a pita :s
i hope it will work with patch X
its just waiting for now
great app man
Quote from riskredruM :Working on it for new InSim

At the Moment everything is shown in LFS directly. Later i will build a Form to show it in other PS´s.

Ingame version sounds great Do you have a screenshot? I love your puplished lfs-info and use it on my Laptop. I would like to see an ingame or overlay (lfs windowed) version of the analoge part. Big shift light/gear/speed as an overlay or direkt ingame would be too nice

Keep up the good work! I love your "addon".

Cu,
Ciennon

Telemetry in a laptop
(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG