The online racing simulator
Telemetry in a laptop
(123 posts, started )
There's a couple of 'seperate screen dashboards' which will show relevant data on a second display
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Sounds like you want something akin to LFS spectator. If you only want something just numbers based, I'm not sure if OutSim / OutGauge can feed to an external local IP, if they can then all you need is the same app that runs locally and it will pick up the network feed.
-
i was looking for something like what you want, to make someone to be a "team director" by using lfs spotter and this application, to see the "telemetry" of all the cars of his own team and talk to them by teamspeak app, but i really dont find anything like that, is there anyone developing something like that, it will be a extremly useful for making this sim more real in tournament

i hope that you understand me, my english is not great
Such a program really would be nice to have. It would be great if my wife could be my crew chief, watching the race and my car on a second machine. She could let me know if my lap times are going off the pace, if I need to stop for fuel soon, how my tires are doing, etc. Like LFS Companion, but a real person.

It would be even better if that person were able to decide how much fuel would be added and whether or not tires are changed during a pit stop. That would leave the driver to do the driving, instead of doing the driving and managing the pit stops.
yes someone should make something like that
this is exactly what i am looking for our team if nothing exists we need to do it! the big question is: is it technical possible ? and then: what we need to do that ? i wanna help to code such a prog, but never done for lfs yet, so need some help ?

but for leagues this would be a great improvement!!
I posted a suggested something like this for leagues a while ago. Some people seemed to have mistaken it as being forced on everyone when I said it should be a option to use or not to use.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=17545
i feel this is something that would be good to have

now although the server infomation you get off lfsworld while on a server is good (it tells you what laps people are on and wether there in pit or not)

it needs to be expanded

i can't program so i have no idea but i thought i'd brainstorm some ideas
tire infomation
Suspention infomation
Lap times
Average Laptime
Lap times in a graph

Things that can only be dreamed about

being able to adjust things like tire removal during race
fuel that will go in
tire type changes
wing adjustment

things like that
I made something like that. But never brought it to an end.
You can watch the outgauge-data on any PC in local network or internet. The only thing you have to do is giving LFS the IP of that PC.
But things like tire temperature or damage are not visible for anyone but you.
Only things are.
Lap and split-times.
Fuel.
Speed, Gear, RPM.
Race Information like who is pitting.

With all that data you can play around.

Wow, I think I have to go to school for a little. My English is not getting better.
is your "something like that. But never brought it to an end" easy convertible to PDA compatible ?

or maybe you could realese the source code, so someone could develope it.

I know how to programme, but don't know how to programme for a PDA compatible.
a psp version or something like that would be great

here is my dream for this project

for people like me to be able to download a program run it on a secondary computer have all that data
Lap and split-times.
Fuel.
Speed, Gear, RPM.

and in lfs just type insim/2999/192.168.2.3 (remote ip)

that would be great, can it be done
Quote from hughesie89 :a psp version or something like that would be great

for people like me to be able to download a program run it on a secondary computer have all that data
Lap and split-times.
Fuel.
Speed, Gear, RPM.

Yes, in fact something like this is almost already here.
Their a quite a few out gauge stuff floating around the programmer forum.
That and with the up coming releases of luaLFS, and lurLFSd we can expect things to develop quite quickly. Let's not forget the C# library that pretty much has the out gauge stuff for you already.
Quote from DeXteRrBDN :is your "something like that. But never brought it to an end" easy convertible to PDA compatible ?

or maybe you could realese the source code, so someone could develope it.

I know how to programme, but don't know how to programme for a PDA compatible.

It is made with vb6. So nothing very popular. But i try to write it in vb 2005 at the moment.

Link to last Version.
http://lfs.foren.4players.de/download.php?id=22816

Quote from hughesie89 :

Lap and split-times.
Fuel.
Speed, Gear, RPM.

Up to "Race Information like who is pitting." the tool show this.
Quote from riskredruM :It is made with vb6. So nothing very popular. But i try to write it in vb 2005 at the moment.

Link to last Version.
http://lfs.foren.4players.de/download.php?id=22816

Up to "Race Information like who is pitting." the tool show this.

that's the kind of thing im talking about maybe an english version would be good (aren't i picky)

or maybe a manuel on how to run it
Ok …
Let’s give it a try ….
Send Port: 29999
Password: nothing
Recv Port: 50
Abweichende IP: The IP of the network PC where LFS is running. Nothing means 127.0.0.1 à Your PC

If you want to run it in Network first of all you have to open your cfg.txt.
At the end you will find this:

OutSim Mode 2 Replay and Multiplayer
OutSim Delay 1 Packets are sent every 1ms
OutSim IP 127.0.0.1 there you have to write the IP of the PC the tool is running
OutSim Port 50 ok
OutSim ID 0 if you want to control more than one LFS

OutGauge Mode 2 same as for OutSim
OutGauge Delay 10
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 50
OutGauge ID 0

After done this you can start LFS. In LFS you have to open Chat (T) and write “/insim 29999”.
You also can edit your LFS Link with “/insim=29999”.
Then start the tool on other PC. Fill the Text fields and click on connect.
The LFS Version has to be shown in Status bar. Then you are connected. Port for Firewall is 50.
Remember to mark “Informationen abrufen” and click on “Racetracker starten”.
Click the Button “Analoganzeigen” and see what will happen.

It´s not perfect but it was my first try.
that works great for me, although i hate havin lfs on a small screen and dont really wanna set up a second pc just to use something like this.
would it not be possible to make a flash version or something similar? so that we could view it via psp?
maybe even1 that we could send to the psp location free player via wireless??
-
it very great. i think it's the basics needed but one big question anyway: is there a possibility to set values via protocols in lfs ? watching the values is only one side i think.

u wrote this is done with visual basic ? perhaps we should try to port to lfslib ?
Quote from haelje :it very great. i think it's the basics needed but one big question anyway: is there a possibility to set values via protocols in lfs ? watching the values is only one side i think.

That is the important part. There are already some tools that will let someone watch the car, but being able to work as a pit boss and adjust what is done during pit stops is the big step. If my friend is watching with one of these tools he can tell me that I'll need new rear tires at the next stop, but it would be even better if he could use some sort of InSim command to make sure they got changed when I pit, without me having to mess with the F12 menu.
perhaps someone can say something about that technical aspect ? without that yoou could think about needed improvements suggested to the devs and if we have look nothing much have to been done, but we will see ....

does anybody knows about such remote features for lfs (OutSim, InSim, OutGage ????)
what do you think if we start to do a list of these requirements/suggestions to present it to the devs, because I dont know if any of them are reading this and maybe they dont notice that there are many users insterested in have some like this

hope to understand me
yeah, we should do so, but i think we should use this thread to do the basic stuff and some experiments, before we tell the devs, so for me technical help with lfs developing is my main need,
Quote from haelje :..... u wrote this is done with visual basic ? perhaps we should try to port to lfslib ?

Today i played around with lfslib and vb 2005. But i always get an "System.InvalidOperationException " when creating the InSim.InSimHandler.

There is no chance to control LFS from other PC´s at the moment. Only camera Position can be controled.
hmm .... you can send text messages.

Sure you can store all data given by InSim OutSim OutGauge.
With the latest Testpatch (and perhaps Patch X) InSim includes Pitwork.
wat is pitwork ?

Telemetry in a laptop
(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG