The online racing simulator
Red Bull Air Race - San Francisco!
(9 posts, started )
Oooh, I was just told about this Air Race in SF and it seems it is the last race of the 2005 World Series . It looks like they have been all over the world. People tell me (after witnessing their practice today) that it is really a sight to see. I've never seen an air race before.

Looks pretty cool. Free to watch, and they will race in the bay along side the piers.

Race is on Saturday along with the Blue Angels, I think I am gonna go, and take pics But they will probably be too fast for my camera, hehe.

http://www.redbullairrace.com/

There will be a live webcast of it on their site.

Current points standings are:

30pts --- MIKE MANGOLD (USA)
28pts --- PETER BESENYEI (HUN)
... (and all the rest are too low to have a shot at the crown, heheh)
saw a commercial for this the other night, it looks pretty frightening! quite close to the ground, but then again im sure those guys arent really afraid of anything.. even reno scares me to see how close some of those guys get!
Ive seen the commercial too. Amazing stuff! Ill definatly watch the webcast

Nevermind its today at 3:45 pm
Just about a hour drive away, but traffic would suck, probably just gonna watch the webcast.
What I am thinking too. My father who works in the city tells me that even during practice on Friday, the parking was terrible, all the streets were filled. And knowing the city, you will be required to pay a big parking garage fee to get a decent spot. Oh well, I will watch the webcast too... would be nice to see it live though.

I DO have parking where my father works (right near the Bay Bridge), but nobody else can go with me to this event so I don't want to go by myself .
#6 - P1lot
Saw a couple of the other events on telly (repeated very early in the morning here in the UK). It looks fast and exciting! I'll keep an eye out for you in the crowd ;-p
Nah, I didn't go.... just gonna watch the webcast Which I think I missed lol.

There will be a rebroadcast if you miss it they say.

http://www.redbullairrace.com/
Hi.

@#$%!!!!! I had made plans to watch this, Redbull commercials had been advertising it since late August, But NOOOO! I had to spend the day going back and forth to an electronics store because my @#$@%!!!video card decided that was the day to crap out on me. Funny thing was Going back and forth to the store (next card I bought was crap and the second one i replaced with was
for PCI express - whoops!) They had the Airshow, Wings Over Houston and I had to drive right next to the airfield. Oh well I got to see some WWII reenactment and the Canadian Snowbirds (they blow away the Thunderbirds
and Blue Angels)
But that sucks. we had planned to watch it and the @#$#%!! card blows up THAT day....

LOL at least I got a decent card now.
#9 - MR_B
what i wanna know is, when's the next RedBull Soapbox Race in the uk? hasnt been on for a while and i'll be finally old enough to enter!

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG