The online racing simulator
Somthing that wouldnt be too hard. BLINKERS!
Alright, so we use 0, 7, 8, and 9 as our blinker controlls. For those of you who never knew, ill go ahead and tell you. 7 is left turn signal, 8 is right, 9 is hazards (both blinkers simotaniously), and 0 is to turn them off.

Now a good amount of us play with the wheel, and a good amount of us prefer the stick (or sequential) over the paddles. Im one of those people, and i really dont have any use for my paddles.

In the middle of Carribean Cruise, when me and approximatley 9 or 10 other people were having a massive XRG/T cruise, the leader (which was me most of the time), had to use signals to let the following drivers know if he was going to pit, or make a uturn, or pull over, etc.

Then it hit me! It would be awesome if i could use the paddles to controll my blinkers, since that is somewhat similar to where they are in real life, and i have no other use for them. I looked in the options, under controlls, then looked through everything, and couldnt find the option

Sooooooooooo, to my suggestion. Would it be possible to allow the assiging of blinkers to any button on the wheel, just like other things such as TCS and speed limiters? I would do left padle as the left blinker, right paddle as the right blinker, both at the same time (like view) as the hazards, and then hit whatever combonation again to turn it off.

Who else thinks this would be a usefull add-on in the next patch?
#2 - JTbo
I have blinkers in my wheel buttons, just did set from wheel software those buttons to type corresponding number, very handy when I'm on slower lap or if I happen to make mistake and it is safer to let car behind me pass so I can signal where I'm moving and they can overtake safely.
i would like to see that u can assign EVERY key to any key u want.
there are quite a few hardcoded keys id like to change.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i would like to see that u can assign EVERY key to any key u want.
there are quite a few hardcoded keys id like to change.

Yeah for sure. Removing hardcoded keys in favor of programmable ones, and of course a "DEFAULT" button to revert everything back.
Read up on the new commands people!!!

1) Goto the button controls list and click on the CTRL+ category
2) Assign one of the commands (left side) to /press 8
3) Do the same for another command using /press 7, /press 9, /press 0 etc
4) Then just assign a wheel control to each command, and violla! done.

No need for an improvement suggestion, this is all already possible
So i did that first part, then i went into logitech profiler, and couldnt figure out how to assign the left paddle to "/ press 7" etc.

any tips? Its a DFP btw..
Don't use Logitech Profiler! That program is not needed, ever even...

Its in LFS!
Attached images
ctrl_lfs.jpg
Quote from Tweaker :Don't use Logitech Profiler! That program is not needed, ever even...

Its in LFS!

Right, ive known about that, but that doesnt assign it to a button on a wheel, does it?

Anyways, wtf is lil miss cookies always doing on CLC? I shouldnt be talking thouh
Well the right column says "Wheel Buttons" after all, yes you can do it. Try for yourself
#10 - JTbo
I can't see what problem there can be with profiler, most easy to use, click where it says left paddle, then choose select keystroke -> new keystroke -> click record hit number for left blinker then hit ok and that is set.

I do use those round buttons at right as you need button to turn blinkers off too.
What I find strange is the button scheme, I think it would be better like this:

You press 7 and left blinks:
- if you press 7 again blinker goes off.
- if you press 8 left goes off and right starts to blink, 8 again to off.
- if you press 9 both start to blink, 9 again to off

I think this scheme would be better for assigning buttons to them, the 0=off button is something strange don't you think?
#12 - Davo
You'd need to srcipt it so that pressing the paddle would initiate the blinker then pressing the paddle again would turn the blinker off. Check out the scripts forum or thread for some samples. Just assigning the button to a keypress won't make the blinkers work like blinkers.
#13 - Dru
Quote from Davo :You'd need to srcipt it so that pressing the paddle would initiate the blinker then pressing the paddle again would turn the blinker off. Check out the scripts forum or thread for some samples. Just assigning the button to a keypress won't make the blinkers work like blinkers.

The Guy with the DFP can do that through the profiler.

I have something similar set on my wheel at the mo.

i button which cycles F9,F10,F11,F12

Also i have a 'shift' button assigned which gives all your keys a second function.

for instance then your gear paddles can then also become your blinkers.

The choices are unlimited.

there would be no worries about setting your left paddle to key 7 key 0 meaning one press to turn on, a second click to turn off.

Easy Peasey mate
#14 - Davo
Even easier then! I use profiler with my G25 so I can change the pit options on the fly easier than I could using lfs commands. Didn't know about the cycle command though, that's very handy
#15 - Dru
Quote from Davo :Even easier then! I use profiler with my G25 so I can change the pit options on the fly easier than I could using lfs commands. Didn't know about the cycle command though, that's very handy

yup i use that too...

on the DFP you can change and access your live settings if you create a 'shift' function, therefore the d pad turns from being your look leftrightback and 'you've just been ZWR'd bind into increasing the ARB or changing brake bias etc etc..

come to think of it, on the DPad would be a better place for this guy to have the blinkersleft right all and off whilst using the shift function.

i have the live settings on there from enduro racing, but on CLC it's unlikely that whilst cruisin you'll need to mess with that
For my G25, I have the line of four buttons above the shifter corresponding to F9-F12. The Dpad is to let me adjust the live settings on the fly much easier than the keyboard. Much easier to access information and change settings than fooling with the keyboard! But yes, scripts could easily be made to accomplish this task.
is there anyway i can resign the blinkers for keyboard? thx
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :
Anyways, wtf is lil miss cookies always doing on CLC? I shouldnt be talking thouh

She is delivering Cookies to everyone =D

And ... no more XRT cruising, I lost my XRt 3 times

refund plox?
What car has turn signals on opposite sides of the wheel?
Quote from wheel4hummer :What car has turn signals on opposite sides of the wheel?

What car has a "7, 8, 9, and 0" number key off to the right, for blinkers?
#22 - JTbo
If blinker operation would be made to push on and push again off then I seriously should start considering of building nice blinker stalk
Aren't blinkers something you put on a horse, next to it's eyes?
#24 - CSU1
Quote from tristancliffe :Aren't blinkers something you put on a horse, next to it's eyes?

Yes, but we are in a racing sim forum, c'mon giddyup!!! Tristan.
No; that would be blinders!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG