The online racing simulator
Unfortunately my Dad chose to give away far too much info about me on the internet and refuses to remove it so I can say anything about my on the web and it doesn't really matter.

So Suffolk, not Norfolk...
I know it's been my current avi for a while but here's a larger version of the Summer 2008 Edition of Becky Rose. I'm not to happy with the style as is, I dont like my hair when it just hangs down and I want a fringe as that works better with my face shape - sadly the girl who did it got so fixated on my choice of colours she set about creating the Adams Family rather than actually styling my hair, which is frustrating as I paid for styling too, but i'm far too British to complain!

I'm going to get it restyled over the winter, probably something medium length, on the colours i'm not sure yet whether i'll have the roots done or just let it grow out a bit and have something totally new next spring. I've been thinking black with red 'clumps'.

First I need some new glasses though, these old ones suited the prim look but so don't match my recent more eccentric style.
OK, I am talking about the example I set to my kids. If you want to know about me I have no problem with it. I don't question other people's parenting skills. I teach them to tell the truth, for reasons I teach them to keep the truth from the internet. I think you would do the same in my position. I don't think anyone can judge me for it, even though I'm sure you will. Alarm bells rang in my head when I walked into my daughters room to find her talking to "Father Christmas" on MSN.

I could have the attitude "do as I say, not as I do" but I choose to lead by example.
Quote from Psysim :OK, I am talking about the example I set to my kids. If you want to know about me I have no problem with it. I don't question other people's parenting skills. I teach them to tell the truth, for reasons I teach them to keep the truth from the internet. I think you would do the same in my position. I don't think anyone can judge me for it, even though I'm sure you will. Alarm bells rang in my head when I walked into my daughters room to find her talking to "Father Christmas" on MSN.

I could have the attitude "do as I say, not as I do" but I choose to lead by example.

Hint - if you ever buy your kids a domain don't put your full address on Whois and then not remove it when someone asks.
Quote from Jakg :Hint - if you ever buy your kids a domain don't put your full address on Whois and then not remove it when someone asks.

Good thing I am not planning on buying my kids a domain.
I think ultimately it is up to each person to decide if they want to post stuff. Personally I have no issues doing so, i've no kids to protect and if someone from this forum wants to stalk me they're more than welcome to come in for a cup of coffee to warm up.

Of course there are horror stories on the net, but I have the advantage of not being drop dead gorgeous which protects me from most of it . I've "locked horns" with a number of people over the years, but I highly doubt i'm going to get someone turning up on my doorstep with a cricket bat. Not that i'd mind if they did, i've got a sword and havnt practiced hand arms combat with it in ages, but the point is i'm an adult.

I've met somewhere over 40 people that I first met online, the only time I was scared was when LFS Forummer Nihil arrived at my house to give me a lift to the LFS meet, it turns out i'm way more dangerous than him though so all was well. I was scared because our first meeting was inside my house and I wasnt terribly comfortable with that.

Predators aren't after people like me. People like me attract abuse but not stalkers. Kids however, are far more vulnerable.
its me...
itsPhilthy
Attached images
Darth Philthious 2.jpg
Well said Becky, I can agree, when it comes to myself I am not too worried, never had a problem and doubt I ever will. I have met people from the internet on many occasions and overall its been a great experience. I don't let my kids know that I have done it, I'm probably a huge influence on there lives. If I had been a dope smoker as a teen, I wouldn't want to give my kids the impression that its a good idea. I try to protect them, shelter them and provide the best for them as I can. They are all I have and I love them dearly. Thankfully adults are not often the victim's of predators and its hard to express it to kids. A lesson I learned was when I found Cigarettes in someone's school blazer, the answer I got was "but you smoke them", it made me realize the risks of "monkey see, monkey do".
Well monkey see monkey do is one way to look at it, though they are just as likely to do something because it's what you wouldnt want them to do, as they are to emulate you. Sooner or later you realise it's all just an excuse for the kid finding out stuff for themselves. If your kid wants to smoke, they'll smoke, they'll just hide it from you - the excuse given was just that, an excuse.

My folks where always dead set against drugs and I still did bucket loads of them when I was younger.

I do agree that advising kids not to post personal info online is a good thing though, but sooner or later the kid has to start taking responsibility for whetever harm they are doing themselves and stop blaming their parents for thier mistakes, and that's about the time they can post their address ;P
Your more on the ball than I am, sure your not a secret parent? I can see now, it was just an excuse, the smoking continues, I know for a fact my Rollie ends do not have an orange filter and I don't flick them out of a bedroom window onto the garden. Yes, they hide it. I don't support them smoking, and I know which one smokes thank god, but better smoking than getting up to some of the things I see other kids doing.

My parent's expressed no views over drugs, for some reason, I dabbled a couple of times but the appeal was never that great, I guess I got the curiosity out of the way. It could be because they didn't sit about telling me "don't do this and don't do that". I fear kids making mistakes I have made and others around me have made, I think its what parents do.

I don't think they blame me for anything, or I would hope not, if they do I am sure they will reason with it at some point in there lives. All I can do is be the best parent I know how to be, even if it involves popping my head up every five seconds to see if its them walking past the window and arriving home safely. People say kids make your hair go gray, its not the kids, its the rest of the world and it can stop you sleeping at nights. Do I worry too much?
no i'm not a secret parent, i'm just exceedingly synical, and by co-incidence viewing a child with the most cynical frame of mind happens to give a pretty good insight into what they're actually thinking. Interestingly the same technique works wonders on politicians too.
What the hell is this thread now ..
Yeah, this thread spun wildly off topic...

.... BACK TO FACES, YAY!
Quote from Psysim :Yeah, this thread spun wildly off topic...

.... BACK TO FACES, YAY!

Okay. To start: here's half my face.
Attached images
Me!.JPG
Quote from mr_x :I'm always a bit wary when lads wear pink shirts!

my pic is me looking quite lazy/relaxed/whatever about 2 years ago, it's the only pic that exists of me. Apart from one where it looks like I'm about to eat my girlfriend (which I can't find).

its either you look like Fred, or Fred looks like you? . idk?
This is meh.
I was smiling on the inside
Attached images
Picture 1.jpg
:splat:
sad to say, but im really a...ostrich, the ostrich in my avatar is me
Ai lol!
Quote from batteryy :sad to say, but im really a...ostrich, the ostrich in my avatar is me

Sad to say, but that is pure spam to this thread. Also remember, ostrich begins with vocal os it's AN ostrich, not a ostrich.

Quote from Bawbag :Tomba 2.0

hah best quote so far.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Sad to say, but that is pure spam to this thread. Also remember, ostrich begins with vocal os it's AN ostrich, not a ostrich.

no, im really AN ostrich. and yes, it may be bit kind of spam. sorry for it
Oh it matters so much.
batteryy that isn't an ostrich... it's an Emu

Post Your Face:)
(5123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG