The online racing simulator
STCC servers down?
(57 posts, started )
ok, a long term problem has been identified and solved with the license system. It turned out...

A while a go Sam "Wrong Server" Hopkinson, who was out of fuel at the time, renamed the manager files to remove spaces. He did inform me, and I updated the updater accordingly - but I did it in a rush, so BeckyRose (without a space!) didn't make the transition to filenames without spaces correctly.

Every change I have made since hasn't auto-updated. Instead the updates have only worked properly when things have crashed and we've gone to the server to manually restart things.

This was unnoticed because the release has been stable for a while and there hasn't been new features - just tweeks and fixes for things that where not broken...

Anyway, it's all sorted now so hopefully there wont be any more midnight crashes, as the update which fixed that was some time ago and is now finaly live
Good news!
Good mornings,

Also the Tool for Restart and Pionts not running on Silver/Gold Server - Admin must look for that and repair plz.
-
(Becky Rose) DELETED by Becky Rose
Good morning, STCC 2 Silver & Gold doesn't count points! Doesn't restart race automaticlly and doesn't change track.

STCC admins can you fix this?
#30 - SamH
Should be okay again now
I will be removing the text based commands, I believe the problem is related to a unconventionally formatted LFSWorld name by somebody coming on the servers late at night.
poins system down again, can ya fix it
Sorry, I will fix this shortly.

The console commands will be removed for around 3-4 weeks until our new server goes live where i'll have the ability to run the license tool for extended periods in debug which will allow me to trap the errors.

It's always crashing overnight which suggests that the problem is to do with a particular driver, the only place the driver names have any processing on them is in the text commands, so this will surely solve the problem by removing them. Then when I have better debug facilities I will reintroduce them and trap the error, or recode that entire section of the program.

This will be happening today.

EDIT: This is done.
unfortunutly still not working

edit: server is totaly down! When you connect you got kick emidietlyđ
edit2: i'm tolking about stcc server2, SILVER & GOLD
ok the license system has been taken down. Something has gone wrong some time ago whilst we where having trouble with the auto-updater and i'm not sure when the problem was introduced. I dont have time to deal with it right now, so it's down until further notice.
we are racing and some get points some not. 2 got points of 10 racers

this is 2nd race in row that i didnt get points!

becky can you fix it
I suspect it's just the new messaging system which isn't working, you are probably getting points (check your license page).

I'm going to change the messaging system tonight I think, as the old method worked better.
yey your right, i had 12,5k now it's 14k

oh yea my licence goes up - still long way to top
just the Moment the Servers goes down
ALL SERVERS ARE DOWN! What happen?
#42 - Jakg
the server screwed up and is being restarted
#43 - SamH
We're not sure at the moment. Either a power outage at the datacentre, or there's a problem with the network within the datacentre. We're still waiting to find out what's going on
I was mid conversation with Sam, I turn my back for 2 minutes to sort out the cats litter tray and look what happens!

On the plus side, the new dedicated STCC server is running fine on soak test. Shame it isn't installed at the datacentre yet ...
#45 - SamH
Okay, it's all back up and running again. It turns out to be one of the main network providers, Rapidswitch. Their network shows the period as around 90% outage. Sorry for the outage!
Extremly fast soluted solved problem. My ping is very normal. So anyone come on STCC 2 race me

Admins you could come
Sorry, working on new features with the changes that LFS V3 will allow
I don't want to open new tread so I'll post it here, cuz we have some conversation here:

Why is automatic restart so fast? It's like 1-2 minutes after finish it restarts!

We need at least 5 minutes brake!

Becky can you do something whit this?
(This is not problem only to me, many racers want some short pause)
What reason is there for needing lots of time between restarts?
I can't explain it properly. But I'll try. It's really hard to drive non stop, when race finish I need to rest my hands a bit. And legs too. I want to rest my mind. It's extremly hard to have full focus all the time , I want to talk whit others, about that race, or about something else... And so on. You can tell me now: You can take one race brake. And I'll tell you: I can't. If I take one race brake, I'll start last! Starting last is not fun at all. You need to overtake bunch of noobs, and they usualy wreck you, or you wreck them. This is special problem on SO and FE. Starting in top 5 is fun. And on back of feald you got low points! I hope this is enought for 5 min. brake between races. Thank you.
Edit: please tell me will you change it or not

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG