The online racing simulator
STCC servers down?
(57 posts, started )
STCC servers down?
Title says it all. I wanted to pick up my silver license today (only 8% left ) and I can't find a single STCC server .

(you're probably already trying to fix it, but I'm impatient ).

Edit: nevermind, I suppose the answer to my question is in the "what's up" thread ...
#2 - Bean0
Nah mate, they're intentionally down.

STCC round 6 tonight, so the other servers are taken down.
It says in a big notice at the top of the STCC forums
oops, totally overlooked that notice . Thx for the hint.

Too bad, my silver license will have to wait a little loger I guess ...
What I can't find out at the STCC site is when the public servers are due to be up again? I imagine soon after the league races are finished? or maybe tommorow?

Who knows?

SD.
#5 - SamH
We had some.. erm.. technicalities this evening, and decided the best solution would be a hardware restart, and launch *only* the applications needed to support the STCC event for this evening. We'd originally planned to leave them ALL open, but unfortunately the hand of fate turns out to be left-handed

We're getting them up and running now that the event is over. Better late than never, and our sincere apologies for any annoyances this evening has caused!
#6 - SamH
Okay.. LOTS of technical (i.e. numpty) problems later, we're back up and running!
But are you?
#8 - SamH
Am I what? Up and running? Nope, I'm sitting and typing
i too cant see a single stcc server.... either on s1 or s2...
#10 - SamH
Someone's going to come and ask it, so before they do...

YES.. the servers are down.

It appears to be a problem at the datacentre, rather than our server itself. We're trying to get things back online and will do so as soon as possible
As I posted in the previous thread, I believe that the servers are up, based upon the fact that I'm in the Platinum server. Anyone else want to verify my claims?
Yes they seem to be up, as I just did a few races but it seems there are no points awarded atm?!

the servers are running, but the licensing system is not!?
I guess we have to wait for Sam to wake up and start the licencing applications, or maybe I can shout at John loud enough.
Update: Licencing Applications restarted
The Point- and Race Restart Tool is not running again Why? Thus I never come to Platinum
The software has not been updated and suddenly has started crashing, I suspect something has changed in the configuration in some way. I will be doing some diagnosis later today.
Quote from Becky Rose :The software has not been updated and suddenly has started crashing, I suspect something has changed in the configuration in some way. I will be doing some diagnosis later today.

Good Info
and again,the Public Server Silver/Gold has big Problem - it is Laggy and the Tool for Points and Restart Race not running
Hello,
I am again the server silver / gold has a problem again, the tool for the points Assignment does not run and him Lags has.

I could put STCC a server and we do the tool there on it, thus this you are able to do your general overhauling.
Software restarted - start your engines!
Hello,
So Teammate wrote to me which does not run the tool for autostart and points on the Copper/Bronce server
There's a spot of development/testing going on at the moment. Please bear with it during this period - it'll be back up when it's up.
ah schmeegle.

I'm taking out the commands and seeing if that fixes it.
It turns out to be fine... ?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG