The online racing simulator
Engines you want in S3
(112 posts, started )
Engines you want in S3
Well for me, i want the 13B-REW... how about you guys?
Bah, rotaries! More torque please

Cosworth DFV, 1969 :up:
Internal Combustion ones please. And external ones if deemed appropriate. But none of these electric rubbish things that do their best to destroy the environment please - lets keep LFS green and oil burning!

P.S. I'd quite like a wankel engine, but wouldn't bother to drive it all that much if it's anything like an RX-7 or 8 (gutless). And I'd like a proper rotary engined car too, just to say we have one, but they're aren't a very popular engine config for most cars.
I want a hybrid UF1.......
Some Vtecs, some inline 6's (Supra style) Maybe some rotarys. It would also be nice to see some v12 sports car style engines.
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :Some Vtecs, some inline 6's (Supra style) Maybe some rotarys. It would also be nice to see some v12 sports car style engines.
~Bryan~

I agree, Vtec would be nice. I also think a few more larger, normally aspirated road car engines would be welcome, as we are quite heavily focused on small high-revving units or turbo'd engines right now.
I like this post. I have alot to say about it.
XR-GT Turbo-13b-TT RX7 rottary
XF-GTI: 2.0l L4 Gti motor
RB4-GT STi EJ20T Version 7
FXO-Turbo: B18C1 vtec gsr motor or K20A nsx motor
LX-4: LT1
LX-6: LS6 Vett motor
MRT5: GSXR 1000
UF 1000: K8Z8 Rottary 1.8l V6
Raceabout: 3.8 H6 inline 6

Will post more later, gotto go.
We have the NA inline 6 on the LX6. VTEC imo, sure why not, but i'm sure it will conflict with the patents with Honda. We should rip out the LX4's inline 4 for a Rotary engine! And Inline 6 TT sounds nice. 2.6L TT please
Rotary.

Just for its sheer Power/ Weight ratio
Some really nice noises to test out the fantastic new S3 sound engine with (Matra V12 *hint* *hint).
Quote from -DrftMstr- :We have the NA inline 6 on the LX6.

The LX6 should really be replaced with a four pot, either Vauxhall Lotus or bike engined could absolutely fly. Hopefully we'll get a straight 6 engined saloon (ie 3 series) and maybe a V6 engined car.
I just want more "TBO" series cars, a heavier weight I6 NA Salloon would be fantastic, a more americanized style pony-car would be nice, 300 break horsepower, 3300 pounds, a midship "TBO" series car would be fantastic as well.

Honestly though, I'd love to see variable timing simulated, vtec-style lobechanges, and all that, but there's plenty more to be done, other than that with LFS
We are really missing a big V12, 600 + bhp road car.
/me wants rotaries!
Quote from dropin_biking :some inline 6's (Supra style)

Supra was V6, and
Quote from TypeRCivic :UF 1000: K8Z8 Rottary 1.8l V6

Are there any rotary engines with more cyl. then inline 2?

+1 for any new car with normal reving
I think the Mazda Cosmo had a 20B tri-rotor thingy in it ...
wrong post
Yeah, the old 3.0 BRM H16 was quite a lump. Sounded utterly spectacular and had loads of grunt, but it weighed so much they probably would have been better off cutting the fat bastard in half
electric power MOTOR!!!!!
I would like a...

SR20DET
RB26DETT
RB25DET
4AGE Supercharged
EJ22 Turbo
4G63 Turbo
VQ36DETT from GTR Proto
2JZ-GTE
13B

Can we have a 90 degree 8 litre v10 like my baby?
Quote from pasibrzuch :Are there any rotary engines with more cyl. then inline 2?

you've made a serious faux pa by using the term "cylinders" in conjunction with "rotary"

they dont have cylinders at all
Cold water fusion please... Tristan, save me the time on google: aren't wankels and rotaries the same thing? Or are there other variations on the rotary theme?

Engines you want in S3
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG