The online racing simulator
Engines you want in S3
(112 posts, started )
Quote from wheel4hummer :Yep, I understand that it is lb-ft. Torque isnt measured in mN lol.

EDIT: And, ft-lb is a measure of work!

EDIT2: Also, to whoever is suggesting "V8", we already have two.

And those two are Formula 1 cars, not "ordinary" cars which atleast i want..
Quote from keltern :And those two are Formula 1 cars, not "ordinary" cars which atleast i want..

Only one of them is a Formula 1 car.
Yeah ok, BF1 = formula 1, FO8 = formula 3000?

Anyway, i think you got my point..
Quote from wheel4hummer :Torque isnt measured in mN lol.

It's in Nm. Just lengh isn't measured in foots

btw, is there any difference between: bhp, hp, PS?
lbf.ft = ft.lbf
Nm = mN
kgf.m = m.kgf

lbf.ft != lbf/ft != ft/lbf
Nm != N/m != m/N
kgf.m != kgf/m !=m/kgf

bhp = hp (the brake bit just indicates how it was measured - against a brake)
PS is the metric equivalent of hp, and is basically the same thing really. The conversion factor is 0.98632 (i.e. 1hp = 0.98...PS). For the most part (i.e. any car engine where the error will be tiny) you can ignore the difference.
Two words:: Environmental Damage

No thanks, lets keep LFS green
Hmmm... How a bout a nice big block American V8 that's made in Canada?
Like a 455 C.I. Buick. and no, those pistons are too small, so have it bored out
to a I dunno a 470 c.i. displacement. What the heck, it's not like we're using real fuel. And none of that wimpy turbo- fuel injection crap for this monster. It needs two 4bbl carbs with really big jets hooked up to one big super charger that makes the carbs stick out of the hood (bonnet). A big crank shaft and short stroke pistons. And replace the timing belt with gears. I dunno if they make those for 455s but I seen them for 350's, 351's and 302's.
Quote from tristancliffe :I'd quite like a wankel engine, but wouldn't bother to drive it all that much if it's anything like an RX-7 or 8 (gutless). And I'd like a proper rotary engined car too, just to say we have one, but they're aren't a very popular engine config for most cars.

You, amigo, must not know much about rotaries then... Yes, compared with, lets say, a BNR (Skyline), an RX-8 WOULD be guttless, but take a well maintained and propery modified/ tuned FD3S,(around 380P.S.) then it will take off so fast, your eyeballs will get logdged into your brain!

Also, there is this fact, that, i like driving the XRG, which is way slower, MORE than i like driving the XRT. Thing is, i can get a run that most xrts get "average" ie: 1.35 best for XRG, vs 1.25~7 best for XRT. But losts of the people driving an XRT don't set ip up properly= hence, on a track with no huge straights, i can keep up with most of them. (BTW, getting a S2 licesnce again soon)
Quote from enzfrrr :Two words:: Tesla Roadster.
100% Electric 0-60 in 4 sec. Top Speed 135mph. Range 250miles.

You know, that it's pretty much an electric ersion of a Lotus elise, right?

Also, the guys who made the raceabout, are planning on making a "S3" (series 3) RA with a roof, and an electric engine too? While a great car, i always HAVE wondered how you would drive the RA in the rain, lol.
350ci Chevrolet
302ci Ford

Something a little more classic/American. There is a great selection of cars in LFS, but none of them are as wasteful as they could be, I mean, they are racing/sports cars.

Where are the big blocks? Where are the small blocks?

You have the coolest map, the drag strip, but no classic draggin' cars. No Max wedge 426's, no Tri-Power 389's,

I'm a sad panda. I'd love to see some muscle, modern or classic.

Engines you want in S3
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG