The online racing simulator
2 Exhausts
(34 posts, started )
2 Exhausts
Hi guys, today surfing on the internet I found this pic. Is the XRT with 2 exhausts, I never saw that. Is possbile to make that?
illepallillepall

no, that is a picture from S1
Why did they change it? Looks better like that.
Quote from nrgetik :Why did they change it?

The devs decided to tone down the overal riceness of the cars.
#6 - herki
has been discussed before, you would have known if you used the search function...
inline 4s usually don't use double exhaust, because another pipe only creates extra weight to carry around with no benefit. use the search for further information
I think that now TBO class looks much balanced than in S1. In S1 FXO was looking almost like FXR in S2. And RB4 was looking like "family car" compared to FXO.
the fxo in s1 had the ugliest wing ever concieved by man
I realize that dual exhaust provides a lot more flow than is needed for a four cylinder engine with small displacement, regardless of the arrangement.

I'm speaking purely from an aesthetics point of view. Considering the XRT is most likely modeled after the 2nd gen RX7:

They should have just stayed with the duals, and ignored the extra weight as far as the physics are concerned (ie - don't add it in. Yeah, it's a sim, but it can only get so accurate - you can cut corners in places to make it more appealing). It's not bad (ricey) unless they're enormous.

No reason to be condescending pricks about it.
It's more like a Starion.

And no, twin pipes won't make it freer flowing. If anything they'll just slow the gas velocity down or add backpressure (if the pipes are small enough to maintain gas velocity).

Twin pipes on such a small engine are nothing but rice and weight. We're not condescending pricks, we just don't approve of rice.
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D
Quote from tristancliffe :It's more like a Starion.

I suppose it is.

Quote from tristancliffe :And no, twin pipes won't make it freer flowing. If anything they'll just slow the gas velocity down or add backpressure (if the pipes are small enough to maintain gas velocity).

I never said they would. In fact, I agree with you on this point. It's in my post.

Quote from tristancliffe :Twin pipes on such a small engine are nothing but rice and weight. We're not condescending pricks, we just don't approve of rice.

It isn't rice. It's tasteful as far as aesthetics go, and like I said in my previous post, who the hell cares about the weight issue? You can modify the texture and just keep the physics the same, as if it had single exhaust. Jesus.
speak for yourself tristan, all of us have different tastes as far as what "rice" is called, you say an itty bitty spoiler that does nothing is rice... i dont, we are all different so.. doesn't matter
well, i think if is useless (the seciond pipe will be completely useless in a engine like the XRT) its ricer thing , like putting spoilers in a slow car O_o

someone said that the TBO cars are balanced, but that is just in apearance
2 pipes looks good on a rx-7 and work cuse rx- 7 pipes are not XRT size.It is teh uber awsomeness that is... ROTORY
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
see you dont see it either.... its in the designer's eyes, not its usefullness, and no i dont have a server, but yes i have a crappy computer anyway
Dual exhaust really doesnt do anything for rotary engines anyway other than make them quieter. Only having the 2 exhaust ports to vent from means one pipe is enough, and well for an engine so dependant on freeflowing intake and exhaust theres certainly no harm in dual exhausting one.

short version of a very long conversation about a project RX7 i was building.... too bad the money ran out
The nicest looking cars in the world don't pander to looks by adding spoilers and extra exhausts than required. The only cars that have that 'style' are econoboxes. Truly beautiful cars have it without needing bolt on extras.
Newsflash: this is a video game. Try to keep that in mind.

We're not dealing within the context of "we're an exotic automaker, what do we do with our newest model?"

In the real world, obviously you'd have a purpose-built car FIRST, and do what you can with style SECOND. However, when we're dealing with the virtual world, you can have it all, as in both. Like I said, yeah it's a sim, but there's got to be -some- fantasy, otherwise there's no reason to play the game.
Quote from nrgetik :Newsflash: this is a video game..

NEWSFLASH: AFAIK The developers claim it's not a game but a simulator
what about the poor ricers? its nothing wrong with ricing up the car
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
IMO, the XRT doesnt suit dual pipes, it doesnt look like a car that would need them either, neither does a FC RX-7 (shame it does have them, would look better with 1), or a Starion, or a Porsche 944, or all the other "XRT's".

On a nicer note: The RAC would suit dual center mounted pipes perfectly like a Murcielago
I know this is o/t but has anyone got any pics of the S1 FXO? Sounds funny.
I created a dual tail-pipe upgrade for the conversion I was working on.. but again, anything like this would really be for vanity purposes (although I increased the bhp by about 1 or 2 in the physics to accompany it.. just because I could)

Regards,

Ian
Attached images
lfs_02.jpg
Thx guys for replyes, now, I have another question. I know that question is not about this topic but, is possible to add custom music to lfs??
Quote from harlen :I know this is o/t but has anyone got any pics of the S1 FXO? Sounds funny.

Here you go.

OT: I <3 this BH skin, can anyone convert it for S2 by any chance?
Attached images
FXOS1-1.JPG
FXOS1-2.JPG

2 Exhausts
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG