The online racing simulator
Quote from Vortex17 :Hi everyone.

Here is a v8 supercar for the FXR. it is based on Russell Ingall's 2005 ford falcon. I tried to recreate as best as possible but the shape of the car is too different. Plus i don't know much about the v8's either.
anyway i hope you like it.
I thought it would be appropriate to paint as he is sponsored by caltex VORTEX. and thats my username!

Enjoy,
Vortex.

really nice job, but the skin file is such low quality! do you think you could upload a much higher res version?
Quote from Vendetta :really nice job, but the skin file is such low quality! do you think you could upload a much higher res version?

ok will do!
it looks good in the game! dunno why its a bit dodgey here?

edit: done it now! i just put the 2048 skin up.
My first creation
Attached images
FXR_WU3d4.jpg
So here are mine, whe have the classic Scotland () Verses England (:hbomb, skins. In 2 versions, with a number or without.
the 5th skin is more aimed at the Scottish NHS staff as the Tartin Is the NHS' one.
Comms and suggs welcome
Attached images
FXO_saltire1.JPG
FXR_ENG.JPG
FXR_eng1.JPG
FXR_saltire1.JPG
FXR_scotalpha.JPG
Nismo Skyline
Hey

This is my first attempt at skinning so advice / criticism is what I need. I realised after I finished that u can skin in higher res, hopefully when I get the time ill update this to max res as I only chose 512*512 DOH! :banghead:

*UPDATE* I have now uploaded a 1024 version after making the skin again with the wireframe skinset (which is amazing by the way, so much easier

Anyway here it is Skyline influenced but I just made the design up myself then added logos and tried to keep it simple for my first go!

FXR_Nismo_1024

Thanks in advance - J
Quote from hardcoreobscure :Hey

This is my first attempt at skinning so advice / criticism is what I need. I realised after I finished that u can skin in higher res, hopefully when I get the time ill update this to max res as I only chose 512*512 DOH! :banghead:

Anyway here it is Skyline influenced but I just made the design up myself then added logos and tried to keep it simple for my first go!

Thanks in advance - J

It quite nice could you post the template?
-
(hardcoreobscure) DELETED by hardcoreobscure : updated skin
Another well made skin but looks like your another victim of Mcdonaldization!
Oh trust me I'm not lol. It's a replica of the team Rosberg DTM Calibra from 1996...
My CoRe Racing Team FXR skin:
Attached images
FXR_CoRe56.jpeg
Here's one more FXO GTR skin. Preview and skin below.
Free to edit/use. Just don't remove the "created by" -text

To download the skin, click the smaller picture, right click the picture that opens up and select "save as...". Save to your LFS/data/skins folder.

EDIT: Again forgot the ...blaablaa
EDIT2: made "a render" (had a little accident while making it )
Attached images
FXR_hyperfree1.jpg
ren.jpg
Amazing. top notch.
Love that Finnish touch with those logos. Finlandia Vodka and Defa car cabin heaters are the best friends of Finnish men in winter time. :frosty: :snowman:
I see you've used the master skinnerz template so I presume you are registered for that forum.

http://skinnerz.proboards26.co ... lay&thread=1135206271

I would suggest you read this link in which Bunta the master skinnerz admin explains how to compensate for the fact that when you make your skin, you make it a 1:1 aspect ratio, but the game displays it at something more like 4:3. This stretching is always most noticable in decals.

I like your design, very "cool" if you'll excuse the pun, sort out the stretching problem and it'll be even better.
Not bad. But I don't like cigarettes

Honestly, it looks a bit plain, maybe needs something else done to it. I'm not too fond of that creme colored roof especially
Carlsberg FXO
@Vilante -- Nice clean design, fresh and light colors. Would look great at Fern Bay!

I love green
Quote from Tweaker :@Vilante -- Nice clean design, fresh and light colors. Would look great at Fern Bay!

I love green

Thank you Sir

Think I need to do a photoshoot at Fern Bay!!
Quote from beefyman666 :I tried the method you mentioned and tried another skin. I have to say it makes a hell of a difference.

This being my 3rd skin I think I'm getting the hang of it now.

Preview:
http://img376.imageshack.us/im ... 58/fxrcamelpreview3ed.jpg

Skin in 2048 resolution:
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5753/fxrcamel0gb.jpg

What do you all think?

From a technical point of view you've pretty much cracked it, I must admit that design doesn't appeal to my personal taste, but nevertheless it's "better" than your previous attempt
This is a skin I did ages ago for S1. It's only a quick port over to S2 so it's not anywhere near as clean as the original. (lost the psd file in a HDD crash and had to reconstruct from the skin itself)
Attached images
FXO_genetic.jpg
geneticscr.jpg
test reality ??? any patches ??? done when iz done
n!ce sig ... skinz are public...feel free 2 use, DONT change plz
Attached images
FXO_C1.jpg
FXR_c1.jpg

FXO Skins (& GTR)
(2596 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG