The online racing simulator
Live for Speed Shirts!
(169 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Read post + view pics then vote for any shirts you would buy or the reason why not :)

Closed since :
Black LFS T-Shirt with Coloured Logo
Black LFS T-Shirt (no collar)
Black LFS Polo shirt (with collar)
White LFS Baseball Shirt with Blue Sleeves
Black LFS Long Sleeved + Website on Sleeve
White LFS T-Shirt (no collar)
Black LFS Long Sleeved T-Shirt
White LFS Polo Shirt (with collar)
NONE - I will wait for more interesting designs
White LFS Long Sleeved + Website on Sleeve
White LFS Long Sleeved T-Shirt
NONE - I am a naturist
NONE - I would simply never wear a branded shirt
NONE - I think the devs just want my money
NONE - But I would if there were coloured shirts
Live for Speed Shirts!
Hello LFS Racers!

Something that has been requested for a long time by many community members is some official LFS clothes. Due to time constraints and the location of our business, we weren't able to find a suitable way of doing this in the past. However, Victor has come up with a new idea that makes it possible.

Victor's shop :

Victor will run his own business that creates shop websites and runs the whole service, from stock to delivery, for small businesses like ours, that want a truly official shop but don't have the resources to run it themselves. And we will be his first customer! We will order our stock in fairly high numbers, so will be able to sell high quality items at a reasonable price.

What we will sell :

We will start with a line of "official" LFS clothes - a small selection, mainly shirts with a simple design - just a logo and website address - intended to be subtle enough that you can wear it in most places without looking like a walking advertisement. We realise that this doesn't cover all the clothes that people will want to wear. Victor plans to add more items to the stock in future, often as a limited edition run of a special shirt, sometimes new permanent items.

Voting :

Our intention is to stock less than 5 items for the initial run. But it's hard to decide exactly what we should stock as people's taste in shirts varies widely. So we have prepared 10 shirt design sketches for you to vote on. On the actual site there will be photographs of the real thing before you buy. We will use the voting results to help plan which shirts to stock and the numbers of each item to stock. You may vote for more than one shirt - but please vote for shirts you really would buy. If you wouldn't buy any of them, please choose one of the responses at the bottom of the poll. It's secret voting - no-one can see who voted for what, only the number of votes is visible.

Thanks!
Attached images
TSHIRT_LFS_BLACK.jpg
TLONG_LFS_BLACK.jpg
TLONG_LFS_BLACK_2.jpg
POLO_LFS_BLACK.jpg
TSHIRT_LFS_WHITE.jpg
TLONG_LFS_WHITE.jpg
TLONG_LFS_WHITE_2.jpg
POLO_LFS_WHITE.jpg
BLACK_T_COLOUR.jpg
TSHIRT_LFS_BLUE_BASEBALL.jpg
lol victor's shop, i love it!

i want a hat

lol looks like these were done in MSPaint , i do like the polo though

edit- the poll haha! NONE - i think the devs just want my money hahahahhahaa
lol someones going to select that one for sure i just can't wait to see who it is
Not a bad idea at all

Although I don't wear logo'd t-shirts I'd definitely consider some kind of zipper or dress shirt with the LFS logo on.

Of all those my favourite is but would be better with a full colour logo and black sleeves with white text. If you ask me. Which you didn't, but meh
#4 - JJ72
Yeah I think it'll be a good idea to do some market research and get some quality designs.
Quote from JJ72 :Yeah I think it'll be a good idea to do some market research and get some quality designs.

To be clear : these ones you can vote for here are not intended as "designer" shirts - they are simple plain designs for official shirts. As stated in the post, Victor will do more "design" fun shirts designed by various people at a later date. Most of these ones you can vote for are just high quality white or black shirts with a discreet LFS logo and website address.
What is the difference to a Baseball shirt as opposed to a T-Shirt?

They look the same to me and I like the coloured sleeves on the Baseball shirt.

Also, I hope the supplier is European based.....I got a polo-shirt from work which had been supplied from America, it was nearly as wide as it was tall
If there's a discreet logo option as you say, then that'd appeal to me.

For example, I've an Avon Tyres polo shirt that has a discreet logo on the left breast, and a small one on the outside of each arm. It's branded, but doesn't scream "BUY AVON TYRES!"

If there was maybe a full Live For Speed logo on the left breast, a small "LFS" logo on one sleeve and maybe a clever caption on the opposite sleeve ("On the line, Online" ?), that'd go in my shopping basket.
Quote from mrbogeyman :What is the difference to a Baseball shirt as opposed to a T-Shirt?

Yeah, as far as I can tell the baseball shirt is just a T-Shirt with coloured sleeves. Looks quite good to me though I won't be playing baseball.
baseball shirts as you can see are multicolored, the body is a different color from the arms, thats the only difference usually, and cost a few $ more but thats all the difference usually (they do look much better though than just a plain shirt)

dang.. scawen beat me
owell, they still look better than regular shirts
"Live For Speed: Kick Some Asphalt"
Quote from mrbogeyman :What is the difference to a Baseball shirt as opposed to a T-Shirt?

you answered your own question
Nice idea

Id buy the first black T-shirt if it had a coloured logo, with no back print. I think small discreet logos are the best.
#14 - axus
I voted for the white baseball shirt with blue sleeves but I'd like to see more coloured clothes.
A black polo shirt is very practical, I can see mine ending up meeting not terribly virtual oil so whites a no no. I wouldn't really want to go for a coloured design.
I know B/W printing is cheaper, but I really prefer coloured stuff, so my definite votes go to the Black T-Shirt with coloured logo and the blue baseball thingy one (it would be even better with a colour logo). I'd maybe take some of the other stuff too, but I don't really have a preference on those, and voting all would feel cheap

Do you have any rough estimates of the prices?
Quote from Christofire :If there was maybe a full Live For Speed logo on the left breast, a small "LFS" logo on one sleeve and maybe a clever caption on the opposite sleeve ("On the line, Online" ?), that'd go in my shopping basket.

Yes clever captions (that don't insult other developers) are the sort of thing that Victor will consider when he prepares some specials in future.
a hoody would be nice
my bedroom can get pretty cold beside the computer as the radiator is crap and on the other side of the room.
ooh i got it, an LFS sports jacket would be nice!

expensive, maybe this would be 'at a later time' deal, but a black sports jacket, with stripes down the arms (tripple stripe, that looks like this:III
(obviously you can't see the white, but two white stripes with a blue one in center)
then the LFS logo that goes across the front
Quote from Scawen :though I won't be playing baseball.

me neither! Its just nicer to have something other than the bog standard black/white. And I can see Black being the overwhelming colour of choice....this being a forum for black wearing Neo look-a-like geeks right?
any shirt with noddy?
I voted "NONE - I will wait for more interesting designs". Though that's not my real answer. The only ones that look interesting to me are the last two (the black two-sided tee and the baseball shirt). Those are the only two that are visually interesting, but I'm not a big fan of black shirts.

I think I would be more inclined to buy a white ring tee with the LFS logo on the back and a small logo on the front. I would also be interested in a long sleeve tee, but only if tall sizes were available. I hope that when you actually do offer these shirts that you have pictures of a real shirt on a model. It's difficult to tell how long these shirts are or what the materials are like from such an artificial picture.

Baseball shirts are not just different colored sleeves. They're also cut different. Normal t-shirts have a seam down the trapezius to the shoulder. Baseball tees have two seams instead, one on the front and one on the back so sometimes they fit a bit differently.
What about a baseball shirt with a coloured logo? I'd prefer that to be honest. And maybe a long sleeveed shirt with a coloured logo too.
#24 - Jakg
you start a place selling the 1st one, and ill open up my wallet
I rather like the idea of getting a shirt, and I like the colored logo on the black shirt. But I didn't vote yet, because there on thing on my mind: How much would it cost approximatly, and how much for shipping and handling to germany? (rough figures should be more than enough)
This thread is closed

Live for Speed Shirts!
(169 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG