The online racing simulator
Need a 3D car editor...
(63 posts, closed, started )
Quote from TigerClw :Like i said a milion time .. it is for personal use .. NO PUBLIC RELEASE ...

I doesn't matter if it's for personal or public use.
Kegety's created a tool to edit LFS cars and the DEVs aked him not to release it, so he wont. Not to ANYONE! Beit for public or private use.
The only chance you have of getting an M5 or EVO 9 into LFS is by writting a program yourself.
Quote from Hurts2bStock :I love how "bored" the Demo racers seem to be, always mucking about with this and that instead of just buying the game....lol.

LOL, me too
Quote from Hurts2bStock :I love how "bored" the Demo racers seem to be, always mucking about with this and that instead of just buying the game....lol.

I'll tell you exactly why the demo users are bored.

They crack the game, mess around with the (crappy) AI and then get bored of easy wins. So then they go back to the demo to play online, but because the demo cars aren't that fast they get bored again. Then they look for something they can do offline that's going to fill up their time.

That's why so many demo users are obsessed with Tweak/Patch Q or keep asking for new content.
Now watch as they try to deny it...
BUY THE DAMN GAME ALREADY!
I figured as much, with the way warez are so easy to download these days, I can't see many demo racers not having a LFS cracker......I think demo should just be the full game with no online play at all...but thats just my $0.o2
It's too bad they refuse to buy the game and use crappy Patch Q though :hihi: :ouch:

:haha:
#31 - Pig
Quote :I think demo should just be the full game with no online play at all...but thats just my $0.o2

I wouldn't agree with that. If done this way, they'll miss out on the most important part of LFS - Online gaming, away from the messed up AI.
I was a demo player - as were all of us i guess - got the crack to see if there was reason enough for me to buy the full game (I Know most will say that is wrong, but that is what i do. I try a game full and if i like it i Buy it. Hell, i've even bought games after i've finished them but that is just me). And trust me when i say this, if i hadn't had some wonderfull moments on the demo servers, cause admitedly some of them were really bad, i'd just have uninstalled the game and went on with my life.

I think the way it works now is as close to perfect as possible. And allthough people keep complaining about the certainly not perfect AI, it turns out that it is one of the best reasons to buy the game.

And that's my 0.02 €
Quote from Pig :I wouldn't agree with that. If done this way, they'll miss out on the most important part of LFS - Online gaming, away from the messed up AI.
I was a demo player - as were all of us i guess....................And that's my 0.02 €

GREAT post, you have all the my respect....

Quote from Dajmin :I'll tell you exactly why the demo users are bored.

They crack the game, mess around with the (crappy) AI and then get bored of easy wins. So then they go back to the demo to play online, but because the demo cars aren't that fast they get bored again. Then they look for something they can do offline that's going to fill up their time.

That's why so many demo users are obsessed with Tweak/Patch Q or keep asking for new content.!

I am a demo racer, but I am not bored to use the cars of the demo, my objective is to become fast and when I will think it are it I will buy the game. To be a S2 licensed and slow being like many of you does not have sense for me.....
To win AI is easy, but tried to compete with a XRT from 247 HP against a XRT from 750 HP 4WD drived from one (crappy)AI....
Quote from XCNuse :actually i have to say tristan is wrong here (well.. any of us are really), but by buying LFS now, your actually SAVING money than if you were to buy it later on because of inflation, when i bought S1, it cost me about 21$, now it costs 23.5$

Actually, that's not inflation, that's the economy of your country taking a crap.

With inflation, it will actually be cheaper to buy LFS. Inflation means everything gets more expensive, and salaries raise to counter this. LFS stays a 12 pounds per stage and does not increase with inflation, thus, it becomes cheaper in the relative sense. So, in fact, depending on how much inflation occurs between now and S3, it could be cheaper upon the release of S3; if your economy either keeps up with that of England or surpasses it.

Of course, we all know that inflation won't influence the anything over a short term (figure 2 or 3 years till S3?) so it doesn't matter, and the enjoyment of buying it now would counteract any conceivable savings you might have from inflation.

Did that make any sense? Anyways, it's not important, the point is that there are no public tools to put new cars/3D models into LFS, and none will be released by anyone for personal or private use in the near future. Don't bother asking again, you will not get the "tools."
Quote from Pig :I wouldn't agree with that. If done this way, they'll miss out on the most important part of LFS - Online gaming, away from the messed up AI.
I was a demo player - as were all of us i guess - got the crack to see if there was reason enough for me to buy the full game (I Know most will say that is wrong, but that is what i do. I try a game full and if i like it i Buy it. Hell, i've even bought games after i've finished them but that is just me). And trust me when i say this, if i hadn't had some wonderfull moments on the demo servers, cause admitedly some of them were really bad, i'd just have uninstalled the game and went on with my life.

I think the way it works now is as close to perfect as possible. And allthough people keep complaining about the certainly not perfect AI, it turns out that it is one of the best reasons to buy the game.

And that's my 0.02 €

Good point, but maybe some limit to your online career would work? Like you sign in, and after 30 minutes your ip dosn't work for a few days......kinda like a crack head, you'll find a way to pay..lol

Quote from imamura72 :I am a demo racer, but I am not bored to use the cars of the demo, my objective is to become fast and when I will think it are it I will buy the game. To be a S2 licensed and slow being like many of you does not have sense for me.....
To win AI is easy, but tried to compete with a XRT from 247 HP against a XRT from 750 HP 4WD drived from one (crappy)AI....

Well either you only want to be competitive with the 3 slowest cars, or you have the cracked version like almost every demo player out there.

With the tweaks and addons making the demo/cracked game so grotesque nowadays, even if you do finally buy S2 you will have no idea what the game is even about..

Now I'm out $0.o4 lol
#35 - Pig
Quote from Hurts2bStock :Good point, but maybe some limit to your online career would work? Like you sign in, and after 30 minutes your ip dosn't work for a few days......

Good Point also - But what if during those 30 mins you were mostly surrounded by wreckers? If that happens, most of the users would just leave it at that. And lets not forget that after all, LFS is an ONLINE racing simulator.

P.S.1 And with many people having a different IP everytime they log in, we'd only get more people upset..

Quote from Hurts2bStock :Now I'm out $0.o4 lol

And now i'm out 0.04€. Damn this thread is getting expensive!! :spin:
Yea im gathering all the money from here, so i get rich and buy myself a S3.
i just asked a simple question .. and look what it turned out to be:P. Now i have a new question. What would happen if womeone would release a tool to edit cars??
#38 - Jakg
They would have to ask a moderator on the LFS Forum first, and that request would most likely be denied
#39 - joen
Quote from TigerClw :i just asked a simple question .. and look what it turned out to be:P. Now i have a new question. What would happen if womeone would release a tool to edit cars??

Probably banned forever, get to be the shame of the community, and Scawen would probably make an update which would render the tool useless within a short period of time. You wouldn't be able to play online with modded cars anyway.
Not on the forum. On a public tool site.
#41 - joen
It doesn't matter where one would publish it, it doesn't make it any less bad. Why do you need to know anyway?
Just asking.
#43 - Gunn
Quote from TigerClw :i just asked a simple question .. and look what it turned out to be:P. Now i have a new question. What would happen if womeone would release a tool to edit cars??

They would be breaking the law.

Permission is not given to modify the LFS cars or add new cars into the game. LFS does not use a common format and the devs have their own modelling tools.
They don't want you modifying their cars or adding your own, that's pretty much the end of the story, at least currently.
Quote from joen :You can't import the LFS models in a 3D modelling program, it uses it's own format and can't be extracted from the game.

ALL YOU NEED IS A CMX IMPORT DERRR!.
#45 - joen
Quote from l1k3z0mg :ALL YOU NEED IS A CMX IMPORT DERRR!.

The CMX files are NOT the car models used by the game itself, that is just a special filetype for use in the CMX viewer.
And yes, I am perfectly aware of the possibility to import the CMX files into 3DS for example but that isn't what he's asking for, he's asking about putting new or edited models INTO the game.
i dont like threads like these illepall
#47 - Nard
I don't like Original Posters like these.

Seriously, hasn't a mod like warned him he was talking about the most evil of evils of the LFS community?
#48 - Gunn
It is a perfectly reasonable question to ask ("can I edit or inject 3D content?"), and for LFS the perfectly reasonable explanation why you can't should suffice.
delete please, error

Totally agreed.

@TigerClw: YOU WON'T GET ANY TOOL FROM US, NOW STOP COMPLAINING OR BUY THE **CKING GAMEillepall
And if you have done it before, converting cars from a game to another game, then why not make the tool yourself..?
This thread is closed

Need a 3D car editor...
(63 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG