The online racing simulator
NOOOooooooo
some peaple like me can't buy license because we don't have money system to pay money for license, if we had i bought it 1 years ago
when i can't buy license, then i'll lost my demo too, then i should play pacman
then demo is better than nothing for me and others like me.
have a good time
My Suggestion For Demo players. plz READ!
Buy S2 - Fast as hell

Quote from Hotrodx199 :I think that LFS Team should add a free 15 day trial of S2 so the demo players have an idea what S2 is like

Easy:
S2 = Demo fun x 10
(easy maths)

If Demo is zero fun for you:
S2 = 0 x 10 = 0 fun
(dont buy it)
#28 - joen
Nope. It would open the door for wreckers and I think the demo is enough to convince players about buying or not buying.
#29 - axus
Quote from mrodgers :I'm surprised at this coming from one of the long time licensed users. Do you really want the iDi team having access to the licensed servers for free even for just 30 days? The only way to make it uncrackable, would be to put a monetary charge on a login name. If you only make them register a user name at the website, they would just continually recreate new names and continue to trash the licensed servers. Else, without registration, it's a crack.

The ONLY feature of being licensed that it VERY important is the licensed registered name keeping the wrecking to a minimum. Else, all you get is more content and a few more cool features like LFSWorld stats. But compared to demo servers, the lack of purposeful wrecking is the MOST important!

No, no, no. You didn't understand me correctly. You don't get to use S2 content at all (nevermind online). I mean, only allow access to online demo servers with the demo for thirty days, so that people stop being cheapskates and BUY S2. I spent a year on the demo. I feel really dumb that I didn't splash out the money sooner, and if online use had been disabled after 30 days, I would have purchased LFS much sooner.
Any type of time limitation on software can easily be exploited. I think the setup LFS has now is perfect. Although I think having a single seater in the demo would give better coverage of the game. Didn't know I'd love the FOX so much while demo, so it was a nice surprise when I went S2 .
Hotrodx199 You've ENTIRELY misunderstood the concept of the demo in its current state.

It's like going into a coffee shop and asking if you can have the whole cake, instead of a slice, but only paying for the slice - then promising you'll give the rest of the cake back; untouched.

You've made yourself to look a completely cock. Now goto the corner and think about what you've "said".
Quote from Hotrodx199 :I think that LFS Team should add a free 15 day trial of S2 so the demo players have an idea what S2 is like

Two misconceptions here:

1. The demo IS the trial version. It's giving you an idea of what S2 is like.

2. This forum is for suggestions for new features, to improve LFS. But the decision which of the existing features should be in the demo, is a strategic business decision. It's none of your business, or mine, or any other user's. The devs decide on this.

The demo version is the business offer from the devs. Use it for free. If you like it and want more, buy a license. If you think it's not worth the money, fine. But don't start asking for more.
Quote from axus :No, no, no. You didn't understand me correctly. You don't get to use S2 content at all (nevermind online). I mean, only allow access to online demo servers with the demo for thirty days, so that people stop being cheapskates and BUY S2. I spent a year on the demo. I feel really dumb that I didn't splash out the money sooner, and if online use had been disabled after 30 days, I would have purchased LFS much sooner.

My bad, axus, my bad. Misunderstood indeed .
#34 - VoiD
How about from start-grid to T2 and then switch to spectator..?
#35 - axus
Quote from mrodgers :My bad, axus, my bad. Misunderstood indeed .

I think it would actually decrease wreckers in the demo by some margin too because of the "effort" that wrecking will require. Let's face it though, no other game or sim has a demo "community". A demo "community"?! WTF? That doesn't make any sense. With a thirty day trial on online access to demo servers, this community would become much smaller and it won't constantly be the same people. You can enjoy the physics offline as much as you want and the limited online use period would give you a chance to experience the great netcode. It would be perfect, IMO. If not a thirty day trial, maybe a limit on the amount of time you can spend online: ie. every time you go online, it is timed and added up. When you've been online for a total of 24hrs (for example), your online demo server access runs out and you must buy S2 to use it online.
That is a GREAT idea
yes i think that should be good but the only probrlem is people may keep signing up for this so they should make a free 15 day trail for each ip address
Quote from probro_gwr :yes i think that should be good but the only probrlem is people may keep signing up for this so they should make a free 15 day trail for each ip address

Wow. Nice :bump:

It's really not a good idea to be honest. It's a DEMO already, a demonstration of what S2 contains. S2 is the game. One per IP address wouldn't work by the way, as lots of people have dynamic IPs that change every time they log on.

IMO demo should have a 15 day time limit...
Quote from probro_gwr :yes i think that should be good but the only probrlem is people may keep signing up for this so they should make a free 15 day trail for each ip address

15 days it's to much, 3-4 days
demo's should have 1 car and that BL1 track
And 3-4 days s2
For a trial, 24 hours of gameplay. That means they conserve the time they play S2. Then demo content is left.
Quote from Dalek0220 :For a trial, 24 hours of gameplay. That means they conserve the time they play S2. Then demo content is left.

yes
If it was 60 mins of S2 (and made impossible to crack), I would think that's a very good demo
30 days would be better than 24 hours, that's just stupid. Heck, one of my text editors allows for a 45 day trial.

People play games and don't like them for whatever reason sometimes quite quickly and say "bah, that's crap". The next person in the thread asks "how long have you played it for?" to get a reply of "3/4 of a day".

The next response is highly likely to be "hahahah you can't judge a game in that short space of time, retard.. GTFO".

I wouldn't buy a game with only 24 hours trial, especially something pretending to be a sim that really needs more indepth analysis.

Regards,

Ian
Yes, the time limit would need to be looked at, but I was just saying that limited S2 (or even S1) content would be better than an unlimited demo. ATM the demo is kind of like a free game, not a demonstration...
I guess there's 2 sides to the coin (ignoring that I personally do a lot of freeware / open-source stuff and prefer to work that way).

Atm, LFS is deserving of the alpha tag. God only knows when it might move into beta status, I've given up hope of a final release within the next 3 years.. so, on the plus side, it's a flexible demo and does allow for a lot of enjoyment (timescale wise). OTOS, I wouldn't buy a copy of Borland's C++ IDE for example at even beta stage, I'd wait for the full release.

All in all, as things stand currently, I think the demo is fine, but if it was myself, I'd probably look at changing it if / when a final release was born.

What I don't really get is how other players can get in such a hoohar about it.. it's not like veteran demo players are taking food off of our tables.. and very much leads to points I've made in the past, that too many people on this forum think that Scawen is their father when really, 99% of people here don't know him from Adam. I also wonder what the percentage is of people who have paid for LFS and are absolute zealots about it, and have cracked other software on their boxes.. my guess is it would be pretty high going by todays trends, which would make a lot of said people pretty hypocritical

While the community is kinda close to the dev process here (moreso than the likes of EA for example).. LFS isn't our game, why should we really sweat blood about it like it would appear some do (just general thoughts, not pointing fingers at anyone in particular ).

Regards,

Ian
-
(LiveForBoobs) DELETED by LiveForBoobs
No trial, the demo is enough. I think we need no discussion. And how to control if someone is using the trial more times so he can play S2 longer? The person only needs changing IPs and several e-mail-adresses.

Why does everyone want a better demo? I still don't see what is wrong with the current one...it already gives WAY more content and flexibility over any other game I can think of. This is the only game where I have seen people complain and bitch about a demo.

Quote :Demonstration / 'demo' - the physical presentation by the sales person to the prospect of how a product works. Generally free of charge to the prospect, and normally conducted at the prospect's premises, but can be at another suitable venue, eg., an exhibition, or at the supplier's premises.

If you ask me, the current demo does a pretty good job of doing the above. It just bugs to see a lot of people wanting something for nothing...

You get 3 cars, unlimited online/offline play, 1 track for free...that's plenty of content for a demo...that's plenty of content for anyone to get a feel of the game and understand what LFS is about...hell, us veteran LFS'ers who have been here since day 1 (pre-S1) had that for quite some time and never complained about it...

Quote :What I don't really get is how other players can get in such a hoohar about it.. it's not like veteran demo players are taking food off of our tables.. and very much leads to points I've made in the past, that too many people on this forum think that Scawen is their father when really, 99% of people here don't know him from Adam. I also wonder what the percentage is of people who have paid for LFS and are absolute zealots about it, and have cracked other software on their boxes.. my guess is it would be pretty high going by todays trends, which would make a lot of said people pretty hypocritical

I think everyone gets bothered by it because there's no point to even ask for more...people need to understand that it isn't 'their' game, it belongs to the devs and they are kind enough to share it with us. They have their own agenda and plans. If they take some of the suggestions and community input along the way, fine, but that is their choice. those wanting more content in a free demo are pretty ungrateful...just buy the game and support the 3 guys who have done a pretty awesome job as the small team they are...
wtf? why cant you just use those cars and track you arleady have...i think this demo is quite big already and you get a good look at lfs in demo too
Maybe it was mentioned before: the game could be cracked more easily

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG