The online racing simulator
Time change
We have had a number of requests to change the start time.
if this was a problem you should of posted in the start time dicussion thread but anyway....

Please post what time would suit you best and hopefully we can find a time that suits all teams
18:00 or 19:00 UCT - for me personally
To be honest we've already made a schedule taking the 10.00h UTC start time into account. I vote for no change.
#4 - Mauni
18-20 UCT. At 10 o'clock I think many have other things to do.
#5 - arco
To be clear - it's 10:00 UTC in the morning, which means 11:00 Central European Time and 12:00 midday in Finland.
Sorry i cant at those times.
I have kids and family.
In evening it could be ok but not so early.
So what's the verdict: time change yes or no, if so: what time ?
what about 21UTC?
Quote from Arrow. :what about 21UTC?

That´s a little bit too late for me. I would prefer something like 16-17.00 UTC. That way I can sleep in the morning, go out during the day, come home and race LFS and then still go out in the evening. Would be perfect for me but I guess not for others. Damn timezones!!!
As i mentioned in the other thread:

Make it 12 hours later (22UTC), 3-5pm in USA, 10-12pm Europe, 8-10am for Aussies
Any earlier means that the aussies are required to get up rather early on a Sunday morning, any later means the Europeans are racing fairly late at night.

Alternatively, go 3-4hrs later instead. 13:00 UTC, 6-8 USA, 13-15 EU, 11-2 AUS.
US timezone isnt too important as i dont think many would be taking part, that still puts the EU folk square in the middle of 'Saturday afternoon shopping with the missus' territory though.

The 10hrs time difference between Europe and Australia will always make it tricky for these two to organise races at convenient times.
Ultimately you have to suck it up and accept a time that isnt *ideal* for either, but is *do-able*.

@ Fusion folk
Its a tricky situation, not helped by the fact that your a predominantly (exclusively?) Aussie based team wanting European teams in there with you, and i cant help but think your fighting an uphill battle getting this series started, though i'm pleased to see your at least looking to address these issues rather than pull the 'its our series and thats the setup' card.
Mercury has had 2 good 2 track races with [SCR] some time ago, both in S1 day i think, and organising something suitable wasnt easy, i think in the end we went with a mid afternoon AUS time start, with the EU folk racing 2-4am as most of Mercury are zombies (the rest are aliens!) so it wasnt ideal but it was managable for one weekend. On a perminant basis its going to be a tough call.

@ Rest
calling out times its ideal for *yourself* isnt going to help too much, it needs to be a time that your team can commit to taking part while also taking into consideration everyone elses needs.

From Mercury's POV (even though technically not in the team, im still the bossy f***er i was then!) 10:00 UTC isnt do-able, striking half the team out as were 50/50 EU/NA isnt too big a problem, but it is when the EU folk either have family commitments or planning on getting some ZZZZZ's then, so a 1000UTC start would definately rule us out, but i wouldnt say that should stop you from running the event then if thats what people want, its just an inconvenient time for members of Mercury.
What about 20UTC? thats
7am for us Aussies it would just mean i would have set the alarm
5/18 of us are Australian so it is not to bad. I would rather get a good time for you europeans as that is where most of the members are from in these teams

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG