The online racing simulator
Quote from felplacerad :Suggestions: 428
total votes;3972
-Negative: 2192

And this is the problem: Everybody is just voting (negative), almost nobody is suggesting... Come on! You can't just put every suggestion down without proposing a better name yourself!
#52 - bhs
Can we call BL GP T1 "jockstrap?"
Quote from bobvanvliet :This is a damn fine initiative.

I'm voting for all the STCC names 'cause I think those guys (and girl ) deserve some credit for their hard work and aside from "dingel dell" (explain that one to me sometime...), they all sounded really good in the spoken commentary.

Furthermore, I wholehartedly agree with the comment on the BL legacy, T1 and the Blackwood Esses are already established terms in my book, so luckily they're winning the vote.

IMO almost all of the STCC names are rather sucky - the Rallycross ones specifically.
Quote from joshdifabio :By the way, i keep getting the following error. I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

Worked fine for me until I signed up, now all I get is that...
That is a very nice website. I love the idea of LFS corners having names. I only blipped through quickly, but intend to investigate further when i have more time. Only one thing missing in my opinion:

Corners named after drivers.

Scawen, Victor, Eric, Tweak, Tristan, RMachucaA, Amp88, Viper, Gunn, Gimpster...

Any famous battles out there? Or funny vids? Anyone we would all agree should be celebrated in some way?

(Westhill H should be called "Sack". Because you have to grab it every freakin' time you go through there.)
Quote from bbman :And this is the problem: Everybody is just voting (negative), almost nobody is suggesting... Come on! You can't just put every suggestion down without proposing a better name yourself!

Maybe it is because there are some bad corner names. And yes you can
---
I don't know about you but if this is going to get any more official, the corner names should be a bit more personal than just the Eau rouges and parabolicas. T1 at AS3 is nothing like the Parabolica, for example
...and just to make things more difficult for you:

Perhaps some way of naming straights and complexes of corners.
Quote from Bob Smith :Worked fine for me until I signed up, now all I get is that...

Any chance of a more detailed report?

Quote from Slartibartfast :...and just to make things more difficult for you: Perhaps some way of naming straights and complexes of corners.

You can suggest the same name for different corners, which could be a way of naming complexes.

I'd also like to suggest for suggesters to avoid adding names like "esses 1" and "esses 2", unless you actually mean the name is supposed to include the number just go with "esses" for both corners.
Can't suggest more than one name for a corner?????
Quote from _Jeremy_ :Can't suggest more than one name for a corner?????

no!!!!! You can suggest another one if your first suggestion gets enough negative votes. But if your 1st choice was that bad I bet your second one wont stand a chance either.

Edit, sorry about the 'tude, dude! I am just tired. To answer your question in a more civil manner, Well, no, you can not suggest more than one name per corner, its an attempt at keeping the suggestions as good as they get, and the site spam-free. Hope you understand and are able to forgive my previous statement.
Small update, at corners where you've made a suggestion you'll now get an info box with vote stats instead of the add-new form. A delete button will be placed here later on, letting you delete suggestions with zero positive votes and / or a low enough score.
#63 - Nard
Holy crap, some of my suggestions are still holding! Nice!

I guess I had good inspiration yesterday!
lovely website guys, good work!

suggestion: on tracks like aston & fern bay, some corners can't be named properly because they are shared between track configs... A good exampel is where it's suggested as "snake" on one config, but in another it looks nothing like a snake :\ I really think you should make such corners unique (or every corner infact) for each track config.
Why? It's the same corner, no matter what config, maybe snake just isn't appropriate for that corner... And I've never heard of corners having more than one name in RL...
I don't think you get my point here... they are 2 completely different corners that share a bit of tarmac. People are in a track config making suggestions on the site, unaware that these suggestions are for all other configs as well - resulting in names that make little sense!
#67 - Nard
Well that's why names like "Rocky Crest" or "Kingston Cove", that are referring to the surrounding environment are always better names (in case of very few physical references, then common track configuration names are better).

For example, two of my holding suggestions at Fern Bay are turns Z and V ("Sugarcane" that leads into "Fern Thicket"). Those corners have nothing special in themselves, so a name like "the magnet" or "horseshoe" are pretty bad. Look around the track and there's like a gazillion landmarks around the track there. On the inside of turn Z, there's a patch of sugarcane-like plants. And turn V circles around a small thicket that looks like Fern trees. There you have two corners that do sound good when you say them out loud and make sense in an original and unique way.

On the other hand, my Aston turn E suggestion ("Corkscrew") was pretty easy but I couldn't apply the same method. No landmarks. But the track in itself is special there. I mean, everyone can relate that turn to the kind of dip that the RL Corkscrew at Laguna Seca has. It fits the corner great, because anyway it feels like going through a corkscrew riding it!
I agree with most of you guys (I'm too lazy to go back and quote posts).

In the same respect, maybe it would help if the FLP site had screenshots of the corners so we can look for landmarks. Normally I'm paying too much attention to the road and the other drivers flying past me to see much of the scenery
Quote from Dajmin :I agree with most of you guys (I'm too lazy to go back and quote posts).

In the same respect, maybe it would help if the FLP site had screenshots of the corners so we can look for landmarks. Normally I'm paying too much attention to the road and the other drivers flying past me to see much of the scenery.

I am surprised how many days it took before someone mentioned that the site is missing in-game screenshots. Thing is we've tried that but it turned out to be too much work

We might add them if someone would send us an archive with a screenshot of each and every corner, from every angle etc since you race through the same corner from different directions depending on what config you're running. Until then i suggest you fire up LFS in windowed mode, shift U and scout around. That must be far superior when looking for landmarks any way!
I'd love to, but I don't think my line manager would be very happy if I tried to install and play LFS on this machine

Besides, I don't think this hideous lumbering monster would even run it

But hey, if someone else wants to take the shots then please share
Keep in mind that the corners shouldn't be named "Turn 1" or something, because we have reversed configs.

People are voting Blackwood's first turn as "The T1". But what about when you have a reversed track?

Some creative names are given here and there, but some really just suck to be honest .

And also the esses of Blackwood should not be classified as two corners in my opinion. Since S1 and even the beta days, those have been dubbed "The Esses". Because "esseS" is plural, meaning multiple turns or "S-turns" (ess). It is really only one S-turn, but it's better to call both those corners "The Esses" than to say Esses1 & Esses2.

Turn K on Westhill people are calling it the Carousel. Carousel is given to the name of a corner that is greater than or equal to 180 degrees.... or at least a long round bend. Turn K is hardly that.

And I've never recieved a message regarding registration on LFSW. Something wrong?
#72 - Gunn
How long does it take to recieve the registration PM?
Dajmin (and others) since I wasnt able to edit my post before replies were made i'll mention it again.

If you browse t.a.c. There are about 130 indexed corners, but we'd require far more screenshots than that since some corners are approached differently depending on what config you're running.

So before you begin, think about how much work it would really be. As I said, we tried but gave up
Gunn it _should_ be sent to your lfs world inbox immediately. Keep in mind that the lfsforum.net and lfsworld.net have separate inboxes.

If you didn't recieve it please PM filur, you might go ahead and remind him to turn apache back on. He might have turned it off last night when he was racing in the LXCC.

Don't expect an immigrate reply though, if i know him right he wont show up until later in the afternoon. But we'll get it sorted. Did anyone else not recieve their activation link?
#75 - Gunn
Quote from felplacerad :Gunn it _should_ be sent to your lfs world inbox immediately. Keep in mind that the lfsforum.net and lfsworld.net have separate inboxes.

If you didn't recieve it please PM filur, you might go ahead and remind him to turn apache back on. He might have turned it off last night when he was racing in the LXCC.

Don't expect an immigrate reply though, if i know him right he wont show up until later in the afternoon. But we'll get it sorted. Did anyone else not recieve their activation link?

I don't think my reply will arrive now, it's been too long.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG