The online racing simulator
Better Grafix?
(42 posts, started )
Better Grafix?
Hey im not tryin to be mean but could you atleast give or video cards a run for the money? We buy almost $200 video cards and here they say its a racing sim...but in other sim's they are 300 times better than this...like Flight Simulator X couldnt you get grafix like that?
sure.. 1 man.. just give him a few nights... try a few years; already LFS is taking advantage of many graphics cards, mine can barely keep up; there are a ton of people out there that can't play games because their graphics card cant keep up, and LFS is deffinetly coping with it ... well.. had been

hope for some graphical updates when S3 gets released.. in a few years
have you turned up Antialiasing and antisotrophic settings all the way? That should increase graphics, and lower fps....

And why not get S2 instead of a $200 dollar card?
haha....well i had to get one b4 i started even playing lfs...but i had lfs s1 demo a long time ago..so i might get a license after christmas...wheres this Antialiasing and antisotrophic settings at?
wherever your graphics card settings are
To quote the developer of this simulator:
Quote from Scawen :... All in all you are better off and LFS runs well and stable by not overusing the memory. It MUST be optimised as a racing simulator, not a screen shot generator. ...

I have ATI Radeon 200 Series
#8 - DeKo
Quote from scoobyrbac :I have ATI Radeon 200 Series

the onboard one? tbh, that will struggle with LFS as it is. if you turn up the graphics to FX10 levels (which, for the record, a x1950XTX has trouble playing at a good ****ing frame rate, which is just a disgrace, it doesnt look amazing), you will actually barely scrape 1 FPS.
lfs looks much better with some AA and AF. i cant wait to see how lfs looks with some shaders

run lfs with 4xAA and 16xAF and adaptive antialiasing and see if you still think lfs looks bad.
#10 - JJ72
Quote from scoobyrbac :Hey im not tryin to be mean but could you atleast give or video cards a run for the money? We buy almost $200 video cards and here they say its a racing sim...but in other sim's they are 300 times better than this...like Flight Simulator X couldnt you get grafix like that?

lol and people complain about fps in FSX.
Quote from DeKo :the onboard one? tbh, that will struggle with LFS as it is...

Nope, that statement is completely wrong. I'm using the onboard ATI X200 sharing 256 of 1 gig of memory and have some AA/AF as well. I see very playable 35-50 FPS. I also play nightly on 56k dialup. That is the beauty of LFS. GTR/GTL I get 10 FPS all by myself in single player and probably wouldn't be able to go online with anyone. LFS I play online with 20 other cars. Race starts are a bit nerve racking, but that's why with 18-22 cars I spectate then drop myself at the back of the field. With 15 or less other cars, no problems at all with both the onboard and the dialup.

Sure, most play with $200 graphics cards. But then, as new games come out, either you pay an additional $200+ for another new card, or start tweaking graphics down every time a new game comes out. I have priorities and can't do that. I don't want a fake shiney over saturated look to my games. I want them looking realistic, but playable. If I wanted all eye candy, I'd go out and get a new console game every 5 years.
I play everything up on high..i got my computer in feb of this year..it was top of the line then... I changed some settings and it doesnt look like its GOOD but its...ah i guess alright...i can see a small change..
dont expect NFSU here; because LFS's devs is only comprised of 3 people, so dont expect to good looking of a game visually
yeah im not expecting NFSU....maby some others could be joined in like 2-3 people for grafix 2-3 people for track layouts and maby 2-3 more for track making?

dumb ideas but im going to go to collage for this type of stuff...so maby in about 5-6 years they will still be making it...
LFS does look good visually, it just lacks some effects. Which, when we get them, will be used subtly and not weilded like a childs crayon, like many other games on the market.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Yeah well...There is some things that need to be better....Like tyre smoke without use the smokemod would be nice like in S2 they can view everyones skins..be nice if they can do that in the demo...and change the cars up some..becaus those 3 cars get boring and there slow....and a couple more track selections...
not boring enough for you to buy s2 though?

most games give you one or two cars and no online play.
scooby, the demo is a free sample of LFS S2. Like any demo it gives you a taste of what the full version is like. If you want S2 stuff like skin-downloading (I think that's what you were getting at) and faster cars then - prepare for a no-brainer - buy S2. The LFS demo has pretty much been the same since pre-S1. Why should they start adding stuff? So you can play free for longer? As mentioned, you're lucky the LFS demo even has online play as most demos don't offer that.

It just seems a little unreasonable to ask for more demo content after you've had it for a whole year. That should have been more than enough time to save the money for a license
Please tell me that this looks bad for todays standards
Attached images
LFS 2006-12-02 03-41-32-37.png
It's too "simple" for today's standards, that is the only problem with LFS in my opinion. The car models are very simplistic, not very many 'extra' details to the tracks and other things...

But that is the limitations LFS has always had with DX8 and wanting to make the game flexible for so many users /w old PCs in the gaming market. LFS still looks fine to me, and I'd hate to see it look worse. If it looked any better than what we have now, sure why not, that would really be nice. But give or take 1 more year at the most before LFS moves into a new grx engine... by that time everyone should at least migrated to a new PC with better hardware to handle some better quality graphics.
adding some higher res textures and a reflection mod can work wonders IMO
#22 - Jakg
Quote from scoobyrbac :it was top of the line then...

bollocks. You have an ONBOARD graphics card, thats is NOT top of the line for once second.
Quote from scoobyrbac :would be nice like in S2 they can view everyones skins..be nice if they can do that in the demo...

its a demo, doing that wastes bandwidth and costs more money!
Quote :and change the cars up some..becaus those 3 cars get boring and there slow....and a couple more track selections...

Well then buy the bloody game!

I have a 4000 (Running at FX-57 speeds) and a very overclocked 7950GT (Which is just a slightly tweaked 7900GT) - even with that i can't get full AA/AF, i run at 4xAA, 16xAF and still dip to 35 fps with a full grid!
Quote from scoobyrbac :Hey im not tryin to be mean but could you atleast give or video cards a run for the money? We buy almost $200 video cards and here they say its a racing sim...but in other sim's they are 300 times better than this...like Flight Simulator X couldnt you get grafix like that?

The graphics don't make the game- they only make it better. If they make or break it for you, then you're not playing the right one illepall
LFS gfx are better then other race sims i believe.
#25 - Vain
LFS's performance is already pretty bad, considering the quality of the graphics we have. I'd hate to see how much the fps will drop when more detail is included.

Vain

Better Grafix?
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG