The online racing simulator
LFS Manual translations
(56 posts, started )
fixed the title

I saved the title-text in a separate file, as UTF-8 and then in the localsettings i read the file and set its contents as the title.
victor

we need arab Language ^_^
If possible, an estonian subsection would be appreciated. We're small, but at least I would have something to really put my energy in.

Thanks in advance
(sorry forgot to mention it was added couple of days ago : ee.lfsmanual.net )
Thanks.

Maybe et.lfsmanual.net will be more approriate.. don't change it yet, I'll discuss it with others.
Hi

I thought on having a go on translating the lfs manual in the Português section.
Although i believe i can easily make the translations, i have major issues regarding page formatting and all the stuff regarding the struture of the page.
I started by copying the welcome message in the main version and directly translated it to portuguese, all good until the save changes part, it doesn't close the frame just like in the main. How do i fix that? And how do i create a new frame? (can't figure that out just by "seing" the main english page).

One possible solution could be making a copy on the english version on the portugese section. That would allow me, or we in case i get any help, to press "edit" and easily edit the content.

Cya
meh..

Guys is my iniciative that not interesting?

Is it so difficult to copy the english build into the portuguese section?
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69 : unneeded off topicness :P
Thanks illegal for trying to help, i appreciate that. The problem is that i dont want to edit it, i just wanted to translate the manual, that's why i ask for a english copy on the portuguese section, i dont have time to learn it and dont even intend to learn, i would translate it if made possible.

As to you kev, you're an idiot
#36 - hda
Quote from indie :Thanks illegal for trying to help, i appreciate that. The problem is that i dont want to edit it, i just wanted to translate the manual, that's why i ask for a english copy on the portuguese section, i dont have time to learn it and dont even intend to learn, i would translate it if made possible.

As to you kev, you're an idiot

Your translation in the starting page seems pretty neet.. I'm very picky with translations but I got nothing to add on yours. Looking forward to help you..

edit:

I've been translating the Introduction and I noticed that the instalation section is a bit outdated. AFAIK LFS is dowloaded in a self-extracting file and there's no need to visit lfs.net to dowload patches anymore

Am I free to change and just not translate it?
#37 - hda
can i get an answer please?
Here is mine at least

Yes i would appreciate your help in this matter, i hope you understand something of editing wiki's.
Anyway, check your pm box hda pls
massive bump i know, but is it a problem to have bg.lfsmanual.net ?
it's no problem if you are up for the task (ie. no sense in having a separate language section that remains empty - I've recently had to remove a couple of sections that did not enjoy any interest whatsoever)
why would i be asking if i wasn't up for it
well euhh .. :P

ok, I'll find some time soon to setup the new section. Will post here when it's done.
tr.lfsmanual.net (Turkish) ?
Quote from Victor :alright, give this a go : http://bg.lfsmanual.net/

Sorry for bumping, but I saw a small mistake there...
Its not "LFS Вики" its "LFS Уики"
"Вики" is used as a name in Bulgaria.

Уики = Wiki (Wikipedia = Уикипедия) => "Википедия" should be "Уикипедия"

p.s. I didn't find how to edit it, thats why I replied here.
Quote from r3zp3k7 :Sorry for bumping, but I saw a small mistake there...
Its not "LFS Вики" its "LFS Уики"
"Вики" is used as a name in Bulgaria.

Уики = Wiki (Wikipedia = Уикипедия) => "Википедия" should be "Уикипедия"

p.s. I didn't find how to edit it, thats why I replied here.

You have to log in with your LFS username and web password there. Then you can edit the pages by clicking Edit at the top.
I tried three times, but...

Quote :Login error
You have not specified a valid user name.

Probably only S1 and S2 users can edit the wiki
Quote from Whiskey :Probably only S1 and S2 users can edit the wiki

Yea, you're probably right.
I'll wait for Victor then
I have the feeling that I always answer to your posts

LFS Manual translations
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG