The online racing simulator
LFS Manual translations
(56 posts, started )
LFS Manual translations
Hi all,

As you may know, we have a Wiki LFS manual. This manual has for a long time only been available in English and German. Now, the wiki has been reconfigured to allow for any number of translations. This is done by means of sub-sites; one for every language.

The following sub-sites are currently available and editable :

cz.lfsmanual.net (Czech)
da.lfsmanual.net (Danish)
de.lfsmanual.net (German)
ee.lfsmanual.net (Estonian)
en.lfsmanual.net (English)
es.lfsmanual.net (Spanish)
fi.lfsmanual.net (Finnish)
fr.lfsmanual.net (French)
hr.lfsmanual.net (Croatian)
hu.lfsmanual.net (Hungarian)
it.lfsmanual.net (Italian)
ja.lfsmanual.net (Japanese)
nl.lfsmanual.net (Dutch)
no.lfsmanual.net (Norwegian)
pl.lfsmanual.net (Polish)
pt.lfsmanual.net (Portuguese)
ru.lfsmanual.net (Russian)
se.lfsmanual.net (Swedish)

Right now, these sub-sites have just been created, meaning most of the wiki's are still empty. We are hoping the community will help fill in these gaps. So, feel free to grab a piece of text from the english manual and translate it onto a page of your own language, if it's not yet available.

Thanks to all for helping us build a better manual!

(ps, if you would like to translate the manual into your own language, but there is no sub-site available, just leave a message in this thread. I will then create the sub-site.)
If a Norwegian manual possibility would be unlocked, I would think alot of the NO players would put an efford into it...
Sure - if you think that's feasible and worth it, just give me a holler and I'll set it up.
-
(Victor) DELETED by Victor
#4 - filur
Quote from Victor :I've added a bunch of subsites. These are all publically available so that anyone can just start a translation if they wanted to.

Currently available and editable LFS Manual subsites :

en.lfsmanual.net (English)
br.lfsmanual.net (Brazilian-Portuguese)
cz.lfsmanual.net (Czech)
de.lfsmanual.net (German)
es.lfsmanual.net (Spanish)
fi.lfsmanual.net (Finnish)
fr.lfsmanual.net (French)
ja.lfsmanual.net (Japanese)
no.lfsmanual.net (Norwegian)
pt.lfsmanual.net (Protuguese)

Where is Italian? illepall
added both se. and it.lfsmanual.net (and some more - more coming)
Quote from Victor :added both se. and it.lfsmanual.net (and some more - more coming)

lol thanks, really fast

But for having forgotten Italian in the first post now you should ban yourself for 30 seconds

edit: is it possible to invert the order of the words on the webpage title?
i mean changing from "LFS Manuale" to "Manuale LFS"
done

the title change i mean
Thanks again

However, the creation of lfsmanual domain should not go on liveforspeed.net main page news? (at least with next patch).

This is a thing that don't understand yet of LFS:

It has lot of features of possibilities, but for having some of them you have to search them by yourself (like LFS Join, SMX files for telemetry, LFS Music Addon files, lfs manual in that case, etc...). And that cause the lot of players that started playing during the lastest months does not know yet about these things.

Why dont include them directly in the LFS package?
well, those SMX package and the likes aren't included to keep the download size of LFS itself down. But yes, some web shortcuts could easily be included. I've mailed scawen about that now.
Good to hear

However, imho obviously, the fact of keeping download dimension down will have sense only until LFS will not reach Final state.

The final pack should have all of these
I've added the interwiki links to the main site. Unfortunately there is a problem with Czech (cz), it doesn't appear on the left.
it looks like we have to use the language abbreviations rather than the country abbreviations.

Czech's language is Česky (cs)
Brazil Portuguese is Português do Brasil (pt-br)
Swedish is Svenska (sv)

The urls remain the same though. The above is just for interwiki linking.
-
(GP4Flo) DELETED by GP4Flo : no need for this post
#14 - Don
i wonder if its ok to use the images from english wikipedia? or do we have to create our own?

EDIT: solved in irc...yes it is ok to use them.
yeah I already added those mentioned config lines to the settings, but i'm not sure how or what they impact, so I don't know how to verify these settings. I guess that if you ever run into some generated-text grammar problems, that could be it.
The swedish page title reads 'LFS Manuell', which i guess is a straight translation of manual as in manual gearbox, manual as in instruction manual should stay 'manual'.

(should be LFS Manual)
#17 - dev
hr.lfsmanual.net (Croatian)

How about that?
Added. You might wanna tell me the correct title to use though (or should it stay LFS Manual?)
#19 - dev
Quote from Victor :Added. You might wanna tell me the correct title to use though (or should it stay LFS Manual?)

Let it be LFS Manual, I can't think of any translatio for the word "Manual" at the moment
great job, Victor. I love that I can login everywhere with LFS login/pass!

In Russian site so far I've placed links to the websites that were made by the enthusiasts from Russian community (liveforspeed.ru). I hope that's ok. We have a lot of material already, and I think the guys will contribute it to the manual.

LFS Manual in Russian will be Руководство пользователя ЛФС

[edit] Also, can I make corrections to the wiki translation file? Some lines in the top line (user - my talk- watchlist - etc) are excessively long.
garr - no matter how i try I can't get the title to display properly. Do you have any tips or tricks for that? I tried utf to ansi conversions (for adding the title to the config file), I even used the wiki installation procedure to enter the title, but even then it doesn't come up properly.

About you changing system messages, I don't think you can, but that's just because I never saw a facility for that.
I can edit the file and send it to you. I see, cyrillic string that you've inserted, is spoiled by recoding.
what you see atm is what mediawiki generated btw.

looks like this in the config file :

Ð Ñ^ÃководÑ^ÁÑ^Âво полÑ^ÌзоваÑ^ÂелÑ^Ï Ð^ÛФС
i mailed you the settings file btw.
I remember, my mail server didn't accept your letters. I've emailed long ago to their support, but no reaction from them. Ehm, maybe you upload it here, and I email it to you?

The line is UTF-encoded, but there are some extra bytes inserted.

LFS Manual translations
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG