The online racing simulator
Any BF1 No TC leagues?
(24 posts, started )
Any BF1 No TC leagues?
I'm starting to find out it's my favorite ride.
how u should know if the guy has TC on or off? u can turn it on / off with a single key within a half second.
Good sportsmanship?
This sounds like a job for...

Fixed-Setup-Option-Man

Quote from Bob Smith :Good sportsmanship?

yea....but hard to find enough of them to run a league.
should be an server option...maybe anyday
One, as an admin, could get everyone to send their setup to the admin at the starting grid, or view them from replays, or something. It's not impossible, I don't think, but tedious.
the setup thing wouldnt work, like i said u can turn the TC on / off with a key (no i dont say which 1 ).
they replay thing may work, but thats alot "work".
Yes it would work, all you have to do it make the traction controll useless anyway, like have it practicly off, or have it practicly on at all times so you will still be slower with it.

Common sense provails?
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :how u should know if the guy has TC on or off? u can turn it on / off with a single key within a half second.

Could check the replay to check everyone's usage in the race. But generally the blue light on the dash should stay solid when they have it turned OFF. That's an indicator
yea.. is that shown in mprs? dunno.
Personally, I've yet to see anyone who can even drive 1 lap in the BF1 . Though I don't go hunting for the car, only see them in all-car servers.
If you're using TC it's going to be very hard to do a lap, much less a race, without blipping the limiter. If you're not, same difficulty in completing a session with out a little wheelspin.

Usually, when we are talking about leagues, the group mindset is strong. That leads to people not wanting to cheat against friends, rivals, and aquaintences. It's hard to be an idiot like that and stick around for a season. You just don't fit in.

Besides, the fun is in dicing at the very limit and staying on the track for 60 laps.
Quote from mrodgers :Personally, I've yet to see anyone who can even drive 1 lap in the BF1 . Though I don't go hunting for the car, only see them in all-car servers.

Ahh... not so quick. Last night I was in a few joyous races at SoLong with 4 or 6 people. We all made it round and round.
Just after the patch was released i was doing KY NAT BF1, and some guy (can't remember his name) was pretty fast allready and actually drove a fuell race and won without TC, I tried it and it wasn't all that hard, you just have to know the limits of the car, and not have a set which slides alot.
Quote from Bawbag :Just after the patch was released i was doing KY NAT BF1, and some guy (can't remember his name) was pretty fast allready and actually drove a fuell race and won without TC, I tried it and it wasn't all that hard, you just have to know the limits of the car, and not have a set which slides alot.

and a wheel
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Slartibartfast :Ahh... not so quick. Last night I was in a few joyous races at SoLong with 4 or 6 people. We all made it round and round.

Hehehe, there are a select few that I know that I imagine could drive the BF1, just haven't seen them .

Doesn't matter to me anymore. As of tonight, I am finished with LFS. I just can't take Aston National in the GTR's anymore. Everywhere else is just drifting or hotlapping. Even the AS3 server is hotlapping for half the race due to the stupid forced pit. Can't get a race started anywhere else for my life. And when one does start, everyone leaves halfway through the race. It's a sad day for LFS for me, LFS is finally dead at eastern time in the US .

If only the new physics didn't mess up the FOX. I liked that car with the old physics. There is a server or 2 running it (with connections), but I'm not interested. It's AS3 or nothing I'm afraid .

Cya all in the next patch.
#17 - Tube
Quote from thisnameistaken :Do you all run with the virtual mirror on in the BF1? I can't see the actual mirrors unless I make my FoV stupidly wide, and if I do that I can't see the track properly.

And: Even if I'm really careful with the loud pedal I find the rears get red hot in no time. Should I be running R3s with higher pressures or are R2s manageable if you're careful?

R3 or bust on most tracks.
other than that... well, brake, full turn-in until the tires scream for help, full throttle. TC will do the rest. It's really no rocket science.
#18 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :Do you all run with the virtual mirror on in the BF1? I can't see the actual mirrors unless I make my FoV stupidly wide, and if I do that I can't see the track properly.

It's the only car I run with virtual mirrors for the same reason. I actually tighten up the FOV so I can just see the inside tyre labels, but I can see the road ahead. I can't drive it successfully unless I do that.
mmmm... Old Peculier....

R3s for any distance. But I can get the odd 5 lapper in with R2s.

Tube - No TC, remember?

For me, virtual mirrors on every car that does not come with one in the same place.

MrRodgers - Take a break, man. Then come back and retry the FOX. 9 out of 10 will say it's a sweety. Even more so after the physics thing. Check out the ThornZ_test setup. Is very even. You're a hard core LFSer. Breaks work good.

This Name - I've yet to sit down and work up a no TC setup. The rear end is going to have to be modified. Tad softer for tire wear. Tad quicker to squat for lauch out of corners. It will be a late apex machine for the most part. That being said, my everyday set with the TC turned off and the engine braking reduction turned up is doing OK. That SoLong set is closish as it is. 1:18xxs after 10 laps, not too shabby.
Attached files
FORMULA XR_Thornz_test.set - 132 B - 122 views
BMW SAUBER_PSoLonQ_NoTC.set - 132 B - 126 views
Not off topic at this point. Sitting more rearward in a sim gives you a better feel of the rear wheels. Let's you be more dynamic with the boot.
#22 - SamH
Quote from mrodgers :It's a sad day for LFS for me, LFS is finally dead at eastern time in the US .
Cya all in the next patch.

Mike, I just started up a server (iB) Aston GTR No Pit

It's not US-based, but it's running your combo with 6 laps and no pit required. I'd rather not see you disappear!
I've been practising the BF1 w/o TC on Fern Black for some time now and I'm doing pretty well. It's a lot of fun, adds a nice challenge. Definately improved my throttle control.
There is a BF1 league starting soon :-

www.sonicrealmsracing.co.uk

visit the forum section for more info

It's not exclusively NO TC but you may find lots of fun & challenging racing there.

Any BF1 No TC leagues?
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG