The online racing simulator
have you ever tried turning the pitlimiter on and off with 499 fps?

'' but its best to limit frame rate to 150 constant so that the life of the graphics cards is longer. ''

are u serious?..
pit limiter off and on? what do you mean, i dont see no difference :S.

and yes i am seriouse. LFS isnt a graphical game compaired to first person shooters which i normally play.

and yes 500 fps with a full grid of AI.

i was in a 38 man race once (i think it was 38). and i got a lowest of 420fps. allways stayed above that tho, but on the streight where i could see every one else in rear view mirrors, i got 420 fps. and when i pressed rear view i got 420.

you should play games like Oblivion, or Armed Assault.

then you would know what its like to have a good machine.

lfs isnt a verry high spec required game compaired to new games like farcry, crysis, ETC.
38 man race?
first. max is 23 players so u surely didnt play with 38.
also i couldnt find anything interesting in ur post, are u only here to show off?
somthing like that i remember there was alot of cars.

+ im not trying to show off. im saying that LFS should make the game more higher resolution textures + more modern game graphics

never mind..... SHEESH, i wish i didnt post now
Because you realize there's definitely a good reason LFS doesn't have pixel shaders and kitchen sinks yet.
theres the texture database for high res textures..
i dont really care about the graphics till i get such a quality game like this for my money. you wont be faster with pixel shader 4, nor with hdr
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon : im saying that LFS should make the game more higher resolution textures + more modern game graphics

and u expect every user to have a 3000$+ system? lol.
the graphics are fine as they are, surely will improve with S3.
until then better hardware will get cheaper and ppl can afford it actually and be up to date with the requirements for S3.
thats the way how it goes atm and i dont see any good reason why that should change.
and imo the graphics could be worse too, its mainly bout the racing not the graphics, thats just eye candy what u rarely realise while beeing in a "hot" race.
all correct.

i never said they was bad, i didnt mean to cause every one to be like ..

im just saying, for those users like me, there could be some more settings to advance the graphics.

but like i say. the game is the best one iv ever played for realistic physics.

no other game i can think of has things like the tyres that the side wall wobbles etc from the force

lfs for the win
the fact that LFS can hold the interest of someone who can run it at 500fps is a testament, wouldn't you agree?
#63 - Jakg
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :and yes 500 fps with a full grid of AI.

unless you've got no AA i HIGHLY doubt this (even with your twice as fast CPU and about 3x more GFX power, it still doesn't explain why you get 16x my full grid FPS.

Firstly, enable AA and AF for gods sake! And some (aka a shed load!) of custom textures - my PC is hardly ancient (3 GHz AMD CPU, a single barely oc'ed 7950GT), but it can only do 8xAA with a full grid with all the custom textures, and it sounds like it will look a hell of a lot better than your 500000000000 fps no AA'd copy
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :i get about 70fps on games like them low fps

70 fps is by no means low, and with the refresh rate on your monitor it probably looks the same as 5000000 fps
I was just wondering if this happens to everyone else now that we have such large races, if there is a full grid (20+ cars) then when the camera pans around so that almost all of them are in full view the framerate drops significantly? My computer will go from 90+fps constantly to 30-45fps for a ton of cars on screen. In order to get it to not drop I have to set the car lod so low that cars nearby now look horrible.
I have a radeon x1900gt and amd 64 x2 4200
#65 - Jakg
you shouldn't need to alter the settings, just ramp down the AA (4x will do fine).

The AI places a LOT of load on the CPU, so it is normal
Noob question here... Where can I change the AA settings?
Quote from Gil07 :Noob question here... Where can I change the AA settings?

In-game you can't. If you have NVidia's graphics card, you can do it from drivers in Windows. With Ati's cards, I think you need program called AtiTool (was it AtiTool? :shy.
#68 - Jakg
ATiTool does overclocking.

I think you can do it in the drivers in ATi, but its much easier with ATi Tray Tools (in the same way its easier with nHancer for nVidia)
Thanks.
Quote from BrandonAGr :I was just wondering if this happens to everyone else now that we have such large races, if there is a full grid (20+ cars) then when the camera pans around so that almost all of them are in full view the framerate drops significantly? My computer will go from 90+fps constantly to 30-45fps for a ton of cars on screen. In order to get it to not drop I have to set the car lod so low that cars nearby now look horrible.
I have a radeon x1900gt and amd 64 x2 4200

thats pretty normall and AA/AF has nothing to do witzh that if you have something like X1900GT or 7900GS and up.
So, after installing new latest test patch the frame rate is about 30-60

With W i got about +100

ASUS M2N-E
X2 +3800 2.0 @ 2.7
2x1Gb A-data Ddr2 800mhz
ATi X850XT
VSync activated?
Would it be possible for people complaining about framerate issues in the newer patches to do a comparison using the Unofficial LFS Benchmark. The old replays can still be viewed when running the latest patch, so it should be very easy to tell EXACTLY how much faster or slower each new patch is. In addition, we can tell if the maximum frame rate or minimum frame rate is the most affected. That should help narrow down LOD problems if the minimum drops significantly but the maximum is relatively unchanged.
I just noticed this thread. I posted the following in the main test patch thread yesterday, but it seems like this is a better place for it.

People have mentioned the FPS issue caused by new, larger grids. At the moment there is a "Multiplayer Car Draw" setting, the purpose of which is self explanatory.

I think another option to limit the number of cars which can be drawn at the same time would be much more useful. If I only had 10 cars drawn at the same time, then I wouldn't get the game slowing down massively on the grid. However, I would no longer need a low draw distance and, on a long straight with a few cars spread out infront of me, I would be able to see those cars and not experience fps drops.

At the moment, if your PC can only cope with 10 cars on screen at once, you have to set a very low draw distance to avoid unplayable frame rates at the start. However, it can be quite frustrating to have cars flickering in and out of the draw distance when you only have one or two in sight, and it simply isn't necessary.

Sorry to bring up a suggestion in this thread, however, I think it would be a great help to a lot of people.
I need help. Whenever a pop up (windows updates; MSN, etc..) comes on, i get down to about 2fps. Normally it runs perfectly, but now its otherwise...

I usually get about 40fps

Spinoff : Frame rates / graphics cards
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG