The online racing simulator
Ati Radeon 9800 Pro, cheap (today) but powerfull. I still use it, although it´s starting to get old. But for LFS it´s enough to run it with full Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering.
#27 - d6nn
Quote from LRB_Aly :Ati Radeon 9800 Pro, cheap (today) but powerfull. I still use it, although it´s starting to get old. But for LFS it´s enough to run it with full Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering.

and how much fps do u get then? and what resolution`?
I´m using 1280*960 Pixels, 32bit colors, frames are over 70-80 constantly. Only time where I´ve had troubles was when I used the smoke mode (from Kegetys?) when a lot of cars went in the dirt.

I think this starts to become off topic, may be we should discuss this in the tech subsection.
Quote from mosquito25 :lol, and he can play with that

yes i can but i must admit that it's not easy
well, i saw that with U28, FPS increases again .. so i will try it
concerning framerates
are you aware that smoke causes a massive frame rate drop ?
dont know if you said this because i havnt rea everything, in options somewere it says Max FPS100 or something like that,, if you take that of you can still gain some FPS...
the same problem here.. (with patch u 28 also)
and i have radeon 9800 XT ...

plssssss help meeee...
hope I will help with this :

Asus A6Km
AMD Turion64 @ 1.8GHz
GeForce 7300GO @ 450/766Mhz, drivers 91.47
512MB DDR
Windows XP SP2

no framerate drop, I have same(I could say even little bit better) FPS with U28 comparing to U
I have:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 Processor
GeForce 7900GTX
Creative sound Blaster Sound card
Windows XP SP2
1GB DDR. (normally have 1.5GB)

With that, I am running a steady 140FPS (with other cars) and the lowest it drops to is 85FPS (auto-X)
I have not had the Frame rate drop or gain at all from U20-U28. (got new system at U20)
I suppose that this is the best palce for it, as it concerns framerate....
running U28, on my 3400+ Athlon 64 with a nVidia 6600GT and 1 Gig RAM, I get a 15-20% boost in framerate on Windows XP x64 over Standard XP Pro, but when I switch to Vista RC2 (also the 64bit version) I get a 50% DROP in framerate.
I should point out here, that I have a few less things running in the background on x64, no Trillian, and a different AntiVirus program, but not a considerable difference in resources used...
I did notice that my RAM usage 'at rest' (ie, on the desktop with just standard background apps) is about 75-80%, which doesnt leave a lot for other stuff...
what I was wondering is whether anybody with more (say, 1.5 Gig) RAM has tried running it on Vista RC2 64 bit, and what were their findings?
I have a P4 2,8GHZ , ATI 9600 256MB,2GB DDR......XP SP2 LFS run in 1024x768 in max graphics.....In SO sprint 1,i have (with 5-6 cars) 60-70-80fps.....but when i press view back button i have 5-10fps....wtf?
P4 3.2 Ati x800xl 1024mb

My fps drop a lot since patch U...
Athlon 2600+, 1gb ram, GF6600GT, XP SP2 in 1280*1024, same settings as ever...i got a 5% fps boost.
#40 - lyd
Quote from KENWOOD :when i press view back button i have 5-10fps

I noticed this also. C2D 6600 @ stock speed (2.4Ghz), 2GB DDR2 800, EVGA 7900GTO. I usually run with with vertical sync on so my framerate is pinned to the 60Hz refresh rate of my lcd, but when I look behind me it drops into the 40's. 1680x1050 32 bit. I have AA, AF and everything else cranked up as far as it will go.

On the other hand, it also drops into the 40's for just a second at a couple places on the circuit, like when approaching that big tire over the track (still a noob, mostly driving blackwood gt at this point), which it doesn't seem like it should do with the rig I've got, so it might be some problem on my end rather than in LFS.

lyd

EDIT: Argh. Posting before coffee, and I clicked into this from the "new posts" list so I didn't catch this was the patch test forum. The above behavior happens both unpatched and with U30, so I am pretty sure this post does not belong in this thread. I'm sorry about the spamming.

lyd
Quote from KENWOOD :but when i press view back button i have 5-10fps

I experience a similar thing, but not due to any test patch. My fps don't drop that dramatically either, but they get a noticeable hit when looking backwards. That might be worth to investigate...
Hmm, well i installed my SLI configuration the other day running patch 22 getting and was getting about 50fps on blackwood, installed the u30 patch and its gone upto about 80-140fps which is much more like it The new patch seemed to cure me ;o
Yep...big boost in FPS with patch 30 here too up to 170-180 on XP (32)..not tried in x64 or Vista.
..YET
Anyone who IS having problems with framerates, post as much truthful information you know about your system (drivers, manufacturers, etc.) so we can get to the bottom of this. It seems this is only happening with old systems that seem to be gpu and/or cpu limited.

While going through the U Test patches I didn't see much change in FPS but that was with switching different modified graphics card drivers. Either way I didn't have any big jump either way in FPS.

6600GT (AGP)
1.8Ghz P4
512MB of Ram
Soundblaster Live!

Also, the people that are having problems could run EVEREST Home Edition (freeware), then they can create a report (a list of their computer specs) by clicking Report -> Quick Report -> All pages. Or they could run the report wizard as well, selecting certain items to report on. Then you can see if it's hardware or software related or neither.

I attached mine using the Report Wizard to include everything but Network and Benchmark as an example.

EDIT: Here is a link to the .htm, alot cleaner and easier to read. http://dennisjr13.byethost32.com/report.htm
I have test patch 30 and I did some benchmarking and I had an over-all 12fps increase.
System Specs:
Intel Celeron 2.2ghz (Overclocked to 2.5ghz)
Asus PSX-Series motherboard
256MB SD-RAM
SiS 651 32MB Graphics card
SoundMax audio card
Windows XP SP2 with latest updates

With all graphics cranked I sit about 50 fps alone, and with 1-6 other racers I get about 30, and up to 12 racers I sit in the 20's. (That's only when all the racers are bunched around T1)
~Bryan~
#46 - Igor
Quote from Bladerunner :I suppose that this is the best palce for it, as it concerns framerate....
running U28, on my 3400+ Athlon 64 with a nVidia 6600GT and 1 Gig RAM, I get a 15-20% boost in framerate on Windows XP x64 over Standard XP Pro, but when I switch to Vista RC2 (also the 64bit version) I get a 50% DROP in framerate.
I should point out here, that I have a few less things running in the background on x64, no Trillian, and a different AntiVirus program, but not a considerable difference in resources used...
I did notice that my RAM usage 'at rest' (ie, on the desktop with just standard background apps) is about 75-80%, which doesnt leave a lot for other stuff...
what I was wondering is whether anybody with more (say, 1.5 Gig) RAM has tried running it on Vista RC2 64 bit, and what were their findings?

I have 2GB of RAM, and my fps went down from above 100 to below 50 (even below 30 at times) when changing from 32bit WinXP to 64bit Vista. I also have no sound in LFS (test patch U) with Vista. I will probably be trying 64bit XP soon, will let you know how it goes.
I`ve got over 80FPS in LFS, sometimes it goes to about 100, but when i have Girder turned on it lowers to ~60 or ~45 ... that program is for controling pc programs using an IR pilot. I don`t know why it lags so much, but it slows down the game like every 2nd second ;] (lol) so the best is to kill every needless apps before starting LFS
I got a Atholon 3400+
2 gigs of RAM
GeForce 6800GT graphics card
Vista 32bit Final
Running latest LFS patch.

getting below 30 fps.
Chaning sounds didn't do anything. Game ran fine with very high FPS on the same system when i had windows xp. That is before I reinstalled with Vista.
Not good.
when i run lfs, without the limiter i have 499 fps constant (nvidia drivers have limited my fps)

i have QUAD Sli, (2x 7950gx2 graphics cards) aka four GPUs (equiverlant to 4 graphics cards)

but its best to limit frame rate to 150 constant so that the life of the graphics cards is longer.

to see motion instantly you need a constant of above 60fps.

with that said, i think lfs should higher the quality settings for people with better graphics cards like I.

and have better graphic reduction settings for low end users.

by the way my specs:

intel core 2 duo (conroe) E6600 at 3.8ghz on liquid cooling. (dual core)
asus p5w dh deluxe Wifi motherboard
nvidia quad SLI 2x 7950gx2's (as above in my post)
creative sound blaster X-FI Fatal1ty FPS edition (with front bay drive) (the most advanced FPS gaming sound card)
2x 160gb maxtor hdd's Sata
1x 80gb spinpoint hdd Sata
1x 2tb backup hdd Sata (btw 2tb = 2000gb)
1000W tagan PSU

Do you still have 500fps with a full grid of AI ?

Spinoff : Frame rates / graphics cards
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG