The online racing simulator
You've said it yourself, we are in British Summer Time (BST) at the moment, which is GMT/UTC+1.

GMT and UTC are the same thing.
#52 - Vain
UTC is equal with GMT. They are british winter time. You are currently BST, british summer time, which is GMT+1 or UTC+1.
19:30 GMT is 20:30 BST, so the qualy starts on 20:30 your local time.

Vain
If you goto the league site the clock on all the pages is UTC/GMT time and its that clock we use.

It changes so the UK is UTC/GMT on 29th Oct so for 6 months we are the lucky ones who dont have to calculate the time.

Last night 2 people were 2 hours early yet 2 arrived with 4 mins to go

At 17:00 UTC i start 30min Qualifying and at its finish we run 2 races one after the other using a Randum Grid.

As i am in tonights qualifyers its perfectly OK if you dont turn up and take the zero points or turn up an hour or two late when we have gone. (Joke)

See ya tonight at 20.30 BST for the first race
Cant login to the member area with the pass u send. Dont have a server pass 4 tonight either

edit: removed pass request all solved.
Quote from ChristijaNL :Cant login to the member area with the pass u send. Dont have a server pass 4 tonight either

If some1 from group C reads this pls pm me the pass, thanks!

Please do not send a username or password to anyone whoever asks.

You should PM me direct
members stats
members stats

graphs are a nice touch
can somebody explain the "flags" section?
GMT = UTC

The Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) page:
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com

There you'll be able to find your time zone and then the corresponding local time. Just browse the site.
Some examples:
British Summer Time (BST)
Central European Time (CET) (Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands and much more)
Western European Time Zone (WET) (Ireland, Portugal)
Eastern European Time (EET) (Bulgaria, Finland, Greece, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine)
Russia
U.S.A.
Canada
Brazil
Australia
New Zealand

WARNING!
The UK, Europe, USA & Canada are on Summer / Daylight Saving Time until Sunday 29 October 2006.

So check the pages I've posted above to be sure about the GMT/UTC time.
There is also a GMT/UTC clock on the main page of the ConeDodgers site.
Hi all

Ive sent in my application form to conedodgers GTR league but have not received a reply even after 2 and a half hours. I know there is a race tonight at 7.30 so i would very much like to know if there is any possible way i could race at that event this evening as i am enjoying that combo imensly at the moment.

I would like some feedback, maybe even from the organsiers of the event.

Thanks, Tom
#59 - CSU1
looks like your barking up the wrong tree "LFS general discussion" why not go to the CD website and ask there?
http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75

There is the league mate .

Birder will get to you eventually, with 108 drivers to babysit, its expected for him to be a little grumpy . With all the constant questions asked when he just wants to race for a bit.

The slots are full at the moment, but knowing turnouts, I'm sure there will be a space availiable.
#61 - dev
Hy Tom Good racing we had a few hours ago... I also aplied, hoping to get that e-mail soon
HEY dev...yeh, hopfully we will be able to race tonight im going online now m8...c u there?
One thread is enough - threads merged. I moved this to the right section too.

Hope you get your reply.
Quote from tommy10101 :Hi all

Ive sent in my application form to conedodgers GTR league but have not received a reply even after 2 and a half hours. I know there is a race tonight at 7.30 so i would very much like to know if there is any possible way i could race at that event this evening as i am enjoying that combo imensly at the moment.

I would like some feedback, maybe even from the organsiers of the event.

Thanks, Tom

I spoke to you in chat on the server
So you are all aware i gave it 3 weeks to get in all the names in and then closed the list and said i would run the qualifying.

I added 15 after this before the first qualifying rounds last monday.

Since then anyone who enters will have to wait and see.

When you join you get an automatic email which says

This is an automatic email sent to you as your email address has been used to join the LFS ConeDodgers Aston National GTR multi-division League.
If this request was not from you please just reply to this email and we will not bother you again.
If however you did make the request we would firstly like to "Thank You" and your details have been added to our database and mailing list.
Full details of the league can be found on our web site where you filled in the online form but news will be sent by email.
Once we have allocated you a race number we will contact you with more information
Each division has a maximum of 20 racers and there are several divisions. As a new racer joining the league you will be placed in the lowest league but at the end of each season 5 are promoted and 5 relegated so all you need to do is get the best results you can at each meeting.
Our public server is listed as [CD] ConeDodgers Racing on the LFS master list so please feel free to go and enjoy some real close racing. There are a number of Admin Marshalls who have permission to ban racers who do not drive fair or constantly cause problems and we make you aware that we support them in any action they take without question.
We look forward to racing with you

If you dont get this automatic email please check you spam system. I hope that answers all your queries and by the way i have now recieved or sent 1590 emails since i decided to start the league so to say i am busy is an undersatement.

I update the website very often so please look there before you post here
ConeDodgers LFS: GTR League Race Dates
The Race dates now appear on www.conedodgers.co.uk as does the database with your division placings.

Should you have a problem with these dates please contact me as soon as possible by Email only

I am sorry if some dates do not suit all but it will be impossible to fix dates that are perfect for all 100 plus members from so many different time zones.

Please notive that we are now running 2 race meetings back to back on the same day to cut down on the amount of days that are taken up by the league.
WARNING!
The UK, Europe, USA & Canada are now back to Standard Time on Sunday 29 October 2006.

Which means:
UK, IE and PT time is now equal to GMT
CET = GMT+1
US East Coast = GMT-5

To be sure about your time zone check the links I've posted in previous post.

You can also download this little free app World Clock 3:
http://users.pandora.be/wheirm ... ms/programs.html#wclock30

I've made a preset file for this app (attached file) as a registry key. Just unzip it and double click on the .REG file. Of course you can edit these settings (right click on the systray icon).

Windows 9x/ME/2000 users: to be able to run this app you'll need the Visual Basic 5.0 Runtime Library which is available for download at the bottom of the same page.

EDIT:
Your local time and the UTC-GMT time are now displayed in recent patches of LFS as shown on the attached screenshot.
Attached images
TimeZones.png
Attached files
WorldClockSettings.zip - 734 B - 242 views
2nd November 2006 as reminder email has been sent out to all
Help me
Im banned auf ConeDodgers Server 1 ... but im fair driving... entbann please..
Quote from Liq2k :Im banned auf ConeDodgers Server 1 ... but im fair driving... entbann please..

If you are banned by other drivers voting this ban comes off after 12 hours.

I your case you were given a ban until 13/11/06 so you must have done something serious such as "taking the piss out of an Admin, ConeDodgers, the server or another driver", "not obeying the Blue flag several times", "driving wrong way", "swearing" Etc.

It could not have been wrecking as this is an automatic life ban.

There are a number of Admin Marshalls who only ban after a giving warnings.

At ConeDodgers I trust my Admin Marshalls and will NEVER unban someone unless they send me a replay that proves they did nothing, and to date this has never happened.

Both ConeDodgers Servers are always busy and if someone is kicked or banned thier slot is filled instantly. ConeDodgers offer some of the best racing on LFS and Its also amazing how if someone is banned that the T1 and in race incidents drop straight away.

ConeDodgers Servers are not the place to learn the track or to learn how to drive and anyone doing this will certainly get in the way. From your race stats you often seem to get a disqualification at race end and this normally refers to someone who keeps going off and using Shift+s to start again, something which is not liked by most racers and if this is true you would certainly get in the way.

Sorry to say it but you were banned for a reason which i will not discuss but I hope when the ban comes off you learn from it as the next ban would be for life but i would suggest that if you start a race, finish it and if you use Shift+s just spectate till the race is over.
Quote from Liq2k :Im banned auf ConeDodgers Server 1 ... but im fair driving... entbann please..

I see that you were back on the server, all i ask is drive fair and do not cause any problems. Certainly do not argue with any admins
Afterrace discussion
Wow! That first couple of D1 races were really amazing. Never seen a timetable with such good laptimes up to the bottom of the grid before.

From my point of view this was pure fun. Although stumbling in both races due to some accidents in front of me - but I guess I wasn't the only one - I really enjoyed both of them, .

Big cheers to Birder: Let me hug you for organizing this league,

Can't wait for the next races,
Wulle

"moooooooooo"
Quote from Wulle :Wow! That first couple of D1 races were really amazing. Never seen a timetable with such good laptimes up to the bottom of the grid before.

From my point of view this was pure fun. Although stumbling in both races due to some accidents in front of me - but I guess I wasn't the only one - I really enjoyed both of them, .

Big cheers to Birder: Let me hug you for organizing this league,

Can't wait for the next races,
Wulle

"moooooooooo"

Well done Moooo, the results (Barring any objections coming in) are on the website. It was great fun watching such fast racers.

You are second in D1 so it does not look like we will meet in a race for a long time as i am 2nd in D3.

I think the format seems to work and everyone enjoyed themselves and as its all over in less than an hour it was real good fun.

I think it says it all when the real fast racers say "I need a rest" after just 10 laps and "My head hurts" after race 2.

And if anyone didnt enjoy it they can allways have their money back! Oh but its free................
Im affraid it was me who more or less ruined Snapp63's race in D2
I blocked my tyres in t2.

Im very sorry
Worldst Number 1 isp!!!!!

Thanks to my perfect isp (the only one in the whole country so we don't have a f..king choice) cut my internet just after the first race and after 40 mins of waiting i just managed to talk to a technical assistance guy and he told me not to do anything because it was a local problem and they were trying to fix it.

I thought it was because of my f..king modem and replaced it with the old one and realised it was isp bad.

I can't beleive what kind of a luck that was, why didn't it happen yesterday or tomorrow ??!!!xxx!!

And sorry for the guys affected by the mass disconnection again.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG