The online racing simulator
LFS: GTR League at Aston National
Information no longer valid
LFS: GTR League now open
Hi

The LFS: GTR League is now open, if you want to take part please register at http://www.conedodgers.co.uk and you name will be added to the waiting list

ITS OPEN TO ALL

Thanks
#3 - bozo
Very nice website. I suspect this league will be popular.

I did like the 'over 65' category on the registration form ... makes me wonder who is the oldest driver in LFS
Best way to sort out qualifiers.
Live for Speed GTR League – Aston National

For all those drivers who have registered and those not yet registered but would like to take part

IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

Since last Saturday (30/9/06) the [CD] Conedodgers Racing server has been recording each racers fastest lap and these can be seen on the website at /conedodgers/stats.html

Although doing a single fast lap in no way says that the driver is a great racer over a race distance it was thought that it would give us a method of grading drivers to see which division they will be in for the new league.

The LFS: GTR League will race our new private server which will be found under [CD] ConeDodgers Racing 2. Anyone using this server must be a competent driver and poor driving or causing a nuisance will not be acceptable.

The password will be sent to anyone who registers on the website in an email giving you access to the server when it is not being used for the league. Anyone who has not registered for the league that is found on the server will get an instant ban so please register as soon as you can.

During the first 5 days of the [CD] ConeDodgers Racing server going live 575 racers recorded times below 2 minutes, 373 of these were below 1.46 (1.45.99 or lower) and with this in mind we think its fair to say that if you cannot do a lap below 1.46 your should practice both offline and in online races on our public server before taking part in the league. The last thing we all want is an inexperienced driver getting the blame for a huge T1 pile up or even worse causing one.

It was my idea that I simply sort the times in order and the fastest go into Division 1 and so on but with over 575 times now recorded in just 5 days it will be impossible to sort out as these are recorded using Nicknames rather than the LFS Username. LFSLapper will only record Nicknames at the moment.

While watching the 100’s of races on the server it is obvious that all races are won by drivers who are consistant and that just don’t give up. The winner is often several seconds off the pace from the fastest lap time set during the race. There have been loads of races where a driver does one great lap out of the 10 and then messes up only to finish way behind or not at all.

Drivers of FXR and XRR win many races yet it’s always a FZR that seems to clock up the fastest lap.

I order to get the league off to a good start we need you thoughts on the best way to qualify as clearly using the fastest time is impossible.

To date we have about 25 registrations but loads of drivers say thay will register closer to the closing date.

The CLOSING DATE has now been moved to October 15th 2006, after this any application will go into the reserve list

I ask that you PLEASE REGISTER TODAY or ASAP at www.conedodgers.co.uk as we think we can only handle 5 divisions (100 racers)

MY IDEA is to hold qualifiying races between October 16th and October 20th for all those who have registered.

20 randomly chosen registered racers will be emailed and invited to complete in 2, 10 lap races each with a pit, one after the other so it should take less than 40 minutes. The grid will be random so you can blame LFS if you are at the back. Each race will score the the same points as the league and the highest scores (added together) will go into D1, the next into D2 and so on down to D5

In order to get your qualifying slot you MUST REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE at http://www.conedodgers.co.uk. If there is a day and time that suits you please enter it in the comments on the webform but we cannot promise anything.

If you have a better idea, please take into mind that I do this in my spare time and sorting through 575 Nicknames trying to match them to Usernames is not an option.

Please place your ideas here.

Thanks
sounds good
No stats on site
I entered server, made a couple of laps, which were registered by LFSWorld, but there are no stats on league site. Why? Does it mean I can not join league?
I know. But as far, as I understood from league site, you can not register for league until you are in stats. That's the problem - I made a number of laps, but I'm NOT in stats.
Hi

As we are having so many people on the server i set Lapper to only record if you beat 1.46.

Your best laps on LFSW are slower than this but you are not far away.

If you still want to join goto the website and register. Hopefully by the start you will be below 1.46.

Practice, Practice, Practice
Thanx for explanation. I've set 1.44.50 and it is on site now. I've sent reg form. But received no confirmation to the email. Is it ok?
And btw, maybe it's a good idea to put a list of confirmed registrations somewhere on site?
i registered a while ago (can't remember exactly when, several days ago at least) but haven't received an email yet. is there going to be a batch mailing at the end of the registration period, or is it supposed to happen automatically upon registration?
Quote from evilgeek :i registered a while ago (can't remember exactly when, several days ago at least) but haven't received an email yet. is there going to be a batch mailing at the end of the registration period, or is it supposed to happen automatically upon registration?

nevermind, i found the info on your site.

Quote :
You will be contacted by email on or around the 15th October

In my opinion qualifying is already made with the Lapper. Just pick first 20 and make D1, 21to 40 D2 and so on. You can send a mail inviting the driver to his respective Division and he must confirm with a reply. After this let´s race..

Just my idea

P.S. In FXR lapper [DSR] nacnac and 09 - N. Coelho are the same..sorry

Cheers
I really like the idea with the pre races. A lot better then a single hotlap.
I just don't understand how to organise it. The first 20 who join the server will be able to race and the others have to wait till the next day? Or you run several races every eveing?
i think the "pre-season" races are a good idea too, unfortunately anything mid-week is bad for me due to timezone. but i suppose it doesn't matter much because i'm slow and will probably end up in the lowest division anyway!

(unlike nacnac, who i think has a good chance of winning)
Everyone has now been contacted by email
If you have registered you should have now had an email explaining that all information is in the Members Area on the site.

This area need a password to enter and will be updated when there is any news.
Yes I have read through the information at that member area.

Maybe I have missed something there.

As I see it a driver can enter each day this week and gather a lot of points in five race evenings. If there is going to be 100 drivers there will be a que to each race since only 20 or 23 can enter. That means that probably there will be some drivers who actually can join and race while others can't since the server is full. I just don't understand how this is going to be handled to full justice.
So ... obvisly I have missed some info how this is handled, can you inform me of this please, or tell me where to read about it.

Thank you.
Hi Cawwa

The first post says

Quote :20 randomly chosen registered racers will be emailed and invited to complete in 2, 10 lap races each with a pit, one after the other so it should take less than 40 minutes. The grid will be random so you can blame LFS if you are at the back. Each race will score the the same points as the league and the highest scores (added together) will go into D1, the next into D2 and so on down to D5

So i think you may have missed the word invited

Racers will only get 2 10 lap races to qualify and the points from these will decide which division they go in however i quite like the idea of yours to just let people turn up as it would be far less work.

But can you imagine the arguments....
unil 2 nights ago, i had never even driven any asto national, prefering to drive the gtr cars at blackwood (the only track i ever learned properlly TBH)

gave myself a challenge, and somehow ended up in this league LOL

was talking to my G/F last night about it, i have never done anything like this before, and i told her that anything except last place, i will be happy with
Archived information
This area will contain all out of date League threads
Yes that would be a great chaos ... ... and of course I understood you didn't have that in your mind.

Did I get it right; ... you send out invitations 20 at the time to make 2 qualifying races, meaning one of these evenings. All are able to do these two races and get the points for it to qualify into the divisions?
I find the two qualifiing races to be a good idea. It's also ok, that the starting grid for the first race will be random, but the second race's starting grid should be the reverse of the first race's starting grid to make it fair.
LFS: GTR League Qualifying Rounds
Qualifying Rounds

Are now complete and the division places are on the website
faster111potheadboIA
E

can i be number 01 plase cause i got a skin for 01 thanks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG