The online racing simulator
Playstation 3 €600 - €700
(15 posts, started )
#1 - CSU1
OK I've spent the last few day's weighing up the specs of both the XBox360
and the PLATSTATION 3.Microsoft have released this HDMI lead that they say will improve the graphics to equal that of the PS3.

Correct me if I am wrong but all these specs etc etc don't really make a difference when it's mainly down to how well a game is made/written.
I can't see where Sony have gotten this mad price from and I don't think
it's fair to put this kind of pressure on the parents of the millions of children who will expect a new games console next year.

In my opinion this price tag is way too big for a games console!
Your thoughts please, would you spend this kind of money?
if i get a ps3, it will be in June, when the price is $300 less and the bugs have been fixed.

Those people who are getting it for christmas(my little brother wants it then, he doesn't know "the truth about Santa") are idiots, it will be loaded with bugs because it would have been bought a month early, and it would be full price.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
maybe so stupidly priced because of the fact more and more people use PC games now instead? mind you thats not far off what the PS2 was when it first came out.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think the Playstation 3 will sink Sony for good. Or at least I hope it will.

Ohh an anti-Sony boy, anti-Apple too?

Sony MP3 players are poo. AVOID!
-
Decent T.V's.
-
Well they go a long way towards it inmy book.. Nothing better than opening a tin in front of the Sony. Watching...

Other than that I agree with you.

Quote from Rappa Z :if i get a ps3, it will be in June, when the price is $300 less and the bugs have been fixed.

Those people who are getting it for christmas(my little brother wants it then, he doesn't know "the truth about Santa") are idiots, it will be loaded with bugs because it would have been bought a month early, and it would be full price.

I doubt the price would have dropped that much in that time, i reckon it will remain a similar price as its release price.
Quote from Rappa Z :if i get a ps3, it will be in June, when the price is $300 less and the bugs have been fixed.

Those people who are getting it for christmas...

I don't think that the price will change that fast here but maybe you have luck over there.

" London, Wednesday 6 September 2006 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that it would revise the launch date of its PLAYSTATION® 3 computer entertainment system in the PAL territories of Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and Australasia from 17th November 2006, as previously announced to March 2007.

Launch dates for Japan and North America will remain the same, which are November 11th and November 17th respectively. "

And it will cost 599,- Euros here at a big store if you order it right now. illepall

Glad that I have always invested into my PC's
Just MHO. I stopped with console playing when the C64 comes out. Ok, the Atari 2600 rockz but since that time I give more attention to pc. Console? No thanks.
#10 - CSU1
And you can bet your ass that it will be a "standard package" too,
ie one controller nothing else
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think the Playstation 3 will sink Sony for good. Or at least I hope it will.

Well all signs point to no. We get pineapple controllers, how cool is that!
#12 - CSU1
I bought a pineapple burger and it sucked,but that was cheap ps3 >€600
-
#13 - CSU1
would we get into trouble if we sent a link of this thread to some sony ps3 guy, too takes the proverbial piss?
tbh the price to me doesn't seem that bad for what it is. Blu-ray DVD players are nearly double that money so if you want a blu-ray DVD player the logical choice is the PS3

Whether or not it will be a hit god only knows. Sony will be hoping the blu-ray technology was the right choice but at least they are trying something different. Would there be much point in releasing another Xbox360 with a Sony badge?

Just hope the thing is quieter if my brother gets one, god that Xbox360 is so loud you have to turn the TV right up to actually hear the game.

Keiran
#15 - CSU1
Quote from keiran :tbh the price to me doesn't seem that bad for what it is. Blu-ray DVD players are nearly double that money so if you want a blu-ray DVD player the logical choice is the PS3

Whether or not it will be a hit god only knows. Sony will be hoping the blu-ray technology was the right choice but at least they are trying something different. Would there be much point in releasing another Xbox360 with a Sony badge?

Just hope the thing is quieter if my brother gets one, god that Xbox360 is so loud you have to turn the TV right up to actually hear the game.

Keiran

- There would be every reason for a xb360 rival.
- Because Microsoft are gansters!
- Quieter,no, overheating ps3 : bring on the fans~~~~
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG